Triangle Italians - Dec. 1st Gathering | FerrariChat

Triangle Italians - Dec. 1st Gathering

Discussion in 'North & South Carolina' started by ECTurboGSX, Nov 18, 2007.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ECTurboGSX

ECTurboGSX Formula 3

Dec 26, 2004
    Bay Area, CA
    Full Name:
    Eric
    #1 ECTurboGSX, Nov 18, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Triangle Italian Motoring Enthusiasts will be hosting our monthly breakfast meeting on Saturday, December 1st at the Briar Creek Commons shopping center at the junction of Highway 70/Glenwood Ave and Interstate 540. Breakfast and coffee will be available from Camille's Sidewalk Cafe, Caribou Coffee, and Bruegger's Bagels. We will be gathering in the outer parking lot near Chili's so that we can be close to all three locations. Breakfast will go from 9 AM to 11 AM, which should give plenty of time to grab a bite as well as enjoy the Italian machinery.

At 11 AM, we will line up for a toy run. We are collecting toys for Toys for Tots and we are asking everyone to please bring a new, unwrapped toy to the meet. Once everyone is lined up, we will take 540 to 40 to 440 and onto Western Blvd where we will deliver the toys to the United States Marine Corps for distribution to needy children in the area. We hope that everyone will take the time to participate in the toy run. If you find that you are unable to stay for the toy run, please leave a toy with one of the other attendees.

We are extending an invite to this event out to the entire European sports car community, so please spread the word. Hopefully those on two wheels have a pack of some kind to bring a toy. We truly appreciate those who attended last month's event and we look forward to seeing everyone on December 1st.

Questions, comments, concerns, and suggestions can be posted up here or sent via email to [email protected]

Some other stuff still in the ideation phase:
    - New Years in Pinehurst with the CAFE and Triad guys
    - February meet in the Glenwood area followed by a track prep/maintenance/shop tour session.

We're always looking for ideas, so please post any ideas that you have.

Thank you.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. ECTurboGSX

ECTurboGSX Formula 3

Dec 26, 2004
    Bay Area, CA
    Full Name:
    Eric
    I forgot to add: Does anyone in the area have a pop-up that we can use? I used to have one but it has been passed along in another club, never to be seen again. Thanks guys.

3. Owens84QV

Owens84QV F1 Rookie

Oct 2, 2001
    Somewhere in NC
    Full Name:
    Greg
  4. ECTurboGSX

ECTurboGSX Formula 3

Dec 26, 2004
    Bay Area, CA
    Full Name:
    Eric
    Emails have been sent to the PCA, BMWCCA, MBCA, our mailing list, and the local Marine Coordinator. Hopefully this event has a good turnout. I look forward to seeing everyone out there.

5. cameronh

cameronh Formula Junior

Apr 6, 2006
    NC
    Full Name:
    Cameron
    I would like to come, and can bring a toy.

If someone wouldn't mind me riding along with them for the "run" it would be great :D

ECTurboGSX, do you know of anyone that would let me tag along with them?

6. Owens84QV

Owens84QV F1 Rookie

Oct 2, 2001
    Somewhere in NC
    Full Name:
    Greg
    Cameron...if you show up, I can't imagine someone not giving you a ride. We've got a great bunch of guys here!

7. ECTurboGSX

ECTurboGSX Formula 3

Dec 26, 2004
    Bay Area, CA
    Full Name:
    Eric
    Cameron, if all else fails, I've got three empty seats in a boring old German sedan ;)

8. cameronh

cameronh Formula Junior

Apr 6, 2006
    NC
    Full Name:
    Cameron
    Thanks! :D

Much more exciting than my Honda Accord LOL

9. invncble

invncble Rookie

Nov 11, 2007
    Would you mind if I opened this up to NCEuro? I think it is a great cause and many would probably be interested.

10. ECTurboGSX

ECTurboGSX Formula 3

Dec 26, 2004
    Bay Area, CA
    Full Name:
    Eric
    I've got no problem with that.

We should have an ad in the paper soon. They're going to try and fit it on Saturday's but we may get stuck with it being in next Thursday's. Anyone had any luck with locating a Pop-Up Canopy??

11. Owens84QV

Owens84QV F1 Rookie

Oct 2, 2001
    Somewhere in NC
    Full Name:
    Greg
    Eric...I like the idea of Briar Creek Commons to get the Raleigh / Durham guys to come out. Besides, its only a quick hop on 540 for us Cary / Morrisville guys.

12. invncble

invncble Rookie

Nov 11, 2007

Good. I notified the guys over there and I will let you know how many are expected. BTW, my name is Al. No Italian yet, but I will be there in either my Porsche Cayenne or Audi TT

13. DrStranglove

DrStranglove FChat Assassin
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2003
    Google Maps
    Full Name:
    DrS
    Who is the USMC coordinator? I may know him. Wish I could be there for you guys! I am I think the only person that has a USMC sticker and a Staff Sergeant Rank Sticker on a Ferrari!!!

14. ECTurboGSX

ECTurboGSX Formula 3

Dec 26, 2004
    Bay Area, CA
    Full Name:
    Eric
    Doc,

It's a Staff Sergeant and that is all I know. The phone lines at the reserve center are so old and crappy that I could barely understand anyone I talked to over there. Not to mention the fact that everyone there felt the need to talk as fast as possible. I guess I'll find out next Saturday.

When are you coming home? We look forward to having you back. Stay safe.

15. ECTurboGSX

ECTurboGSX Formula 3

Dec 26, 2004
    Bay Area, CA
    Full Name:
    Eric
    Well, I asked them to get us in the Saturday paper and they did. They had to cut out the pretty picture and a lot of information to do it though. We're a tiny little box in the top left corner of the Auto section.

16. DrStranglove

DrStranglove FChat Assassin
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2003
    Google Maps
    Full Name:
    DrS
    Looks like the end of Jan.

May have to plan for a Mid feb meeting or maybe wait longer as I don't have a clue what the weather would be like. Either way, it will be a blast to get home. A year is a long time.

17. ProCoach

ProCoach F1 Veteran
    Owner

Sep 15, 2004
    VIR Raceway
    Full Name:
    Peter Krause
  18. cameronh

cameronh Formula Junior

Apr 6, 2006
    NC
    Full Name:
    Cameron
    Im sorry, but I wont be able to make it.

I got invited to a college this weekend, and got invited to go to a beach house with a band member.

19. ActionFigure

ActionFigure Formula Junior

Sep 2, 2005
    Cary NC
    Full Name:
    Matt
    I will be there Saturday morning, I hope we get a good turnout like last time.

20. ECTurboGSX

ECTurboGSX Formula 3

Dec 26, 2004
    Bay Area, CA
    Full Name:
    Eric
    Cameron, sorry/happy to hear that. I'm sure there will be plenty of events for you to attend in the future. What school are you going to look at? I hope you enjoy it. Be picky about colleges, it can either be the best years of your life or some not so good years.

Peter and Matt, I'll see you Saturday morning.

21. tervuren

tervuren Formula 3

Apr 30, 2006
    I'll try and make it up there from SC if I can, but with a recent move at work, I've often had to work weekends to help catch things up. - we'll see.

22. cameronh

cameronh Formula Junior

Apr 6, 2006
    NC
    Full Name:
    Cameron
    Roanoke Bible College.

I do hope to attend future events, I can't wait!

23. ECTurboGSX

ECTurboGSX Formula 3

Dec 26, 2004
    Bay Area, CA
    Full Name:
    Eric
    For some reason we're on the front of the Auto section again this morning. I'm looking forward to seeing everyone out there.

24. ECTurboGSX

ECTurboGSX Formula 3

Dec 26, 2004
    Bay Area, CA
    Full Name:
    Eric
  25. Owens84QV

Owens84QV F1 Rookie

Oct 2, 2001
    Somewhere in NC
    Full Name:
    Greg
    It's 1:30am here in Russia (Nizhney) drinking a beer. Wish I was back in NC with you guys! Can't wait to see pics!