South Bay Body Shop | FerrariChat

South Bay Body Shop

Discussion in 'California & Nevada (Northern)' started by robbie, Nov 18, 2007.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. robbie

robbie F1 Rookie

Aug 26, 2005
    Los Gatos, CA
    Full Name:
    Robert
    I have some minor body work to be done on my 328 GTS. Any shop recommendations in the South Bay .. Los Gatos, Campbell, San Jose, etc? Thanks.

Robbie

2. SoftwareDrone

SoftwareDrone F1 Veteran
    Sponsor Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jan 19, 2004
    San Jose, California
    Full Name:
    Mike
    I had "the Works" auto body in Santa Clara repaint my front bumper on my 360. They are the only shop I've ever dealt with that has come in under time and under budget. Plus the bumper looks phenomenal. Silicon Valley Auto Group sends all of their Ferraris there.

3. sting168

sting168 Formula Junior

Oct 21, 2007
    Bodystyle on Brokaw in San Jose does high quality work. I know that they do a lot of high-end cars but don't know about their Ferrari experience. Just talk to the owner Cecil Beach, he's knowledgeable and honest.

4. winston

winston Karting

Nov 3, 2003
    foothills
    Full Name:
    don
    Brian Hoyt of Positive Reflections is very talented.
    If memory serves, he is in Hayward.
    Brian does exceptional work.
    Good luck.
    Winston

5. Tifoso Ferrari

Tifoso Ferrari Formula Junior

Nov 7, 2005
    Upper Volta
    Full Name:
    Gianni Cagate
    It's Brian Hoyt of PERFECT (not POSITIVE) REFLECTIONS: http://www.ferraripaint.com/

6. spdrcr

spdrcr Formula Junior

Aug 2, 2004
    San Jose, CA
    Full Name:
    Matt
    I'll second the recommnedation for The Works. They've done work on my cars on a couple of occasions now and the work has always been great. They're the only ones I'd trust with body work for my cars.

7. amarzano

amarzano Karting

Aug 23, 2005
    SF Bay Area
    Full Name:
    Alex
    +1 for Bodystyle. They cut their bones on Porsche's, but do very high quality work..

Alex

8. Rockyd

Rockyd Karting

Oct 5, 2007
    San Jose
    +1 Bodystyle they're quality is really good. Cecil the owner has been on this business for a long time.

9. drew138

drew138 Karting

Jul 31, 2006
    X2. Undercut Cavelinos quote on the same repair on a QP by 30%. Flawless. Transported the delivered car in covered carrier.

10. Vintage V12

Vintage V12 Formula 3

Aug 11, 2004
    Chris at the works is great to deal with and I trust him.

11. robbie

robbie F1 Rookie

Aug 26, 2005
    Los Gatos, CA
    Full Name:
    Robert
    Thanks for the input. I've heard others say good things about The Works.

Robbie

12. rendergod

rendergod Karting

Jan 30, 2004
    Silicon Valley
    Full Name:
    Allen
    +1 for The Works. Not the fastest, but the quality is great.

13. shill288

shill288 Formula Junior

Feb 24, 2005
    West Coast
    Full Name:
    Steve Hill
    I've used The Works Auto Body in Santa Clara and Campbell Auto Restoration in Campbell for years on all sorts of Ferraris: CA Spyders, Daytonas, F40s, GTOs, etc. Both do good work. Campbell is the best and does Pebble Beach quality work, but you will pay for that talent. The Works Auto Body has done a couple of 3 series cars, 330 GTC and 365 GTC/4 for me. The work was very nice. In general, I bring my inexpensive cars to The Works and the expensive ones to Campbell.

Steve

14. winston

winston Karting

Nov 3, 2003
    foothills
    Full Name:
    don
    Memory did not serve real well. Brian, of Perfect Reflections does excellent work.
    Winston

15. Premier Protective Films

Premier Protective Films Formula Junior
    BANNED

Dec 20, 2004
    San Francisco Bay
    Yes, Works is pretty good with what they do. We now send all of our customers over there to get their chipped up front ends repainted and then clear filmed several weeks after. Talk to Chris and tell him we sent ya.

16. pj1

pj1 Rookie

Sep 20, 2007
    San Francisco
    Full Name:
    Peter
    Another vote for Brian Hoyt at Perfect Reflections. I took my 430 to him a few weeks ago and he did an expert job taking care of some minor dings, including re-fiber glassing one of the diffuser fins. Next to my car, among other things, was a 166MM, stripped to the frame, and also a vintage Delahaye. Highest recommendation.

17. stradalerossa

stradalerossa Rookie

Aug 12, 2008
    Perfect Reflections in Hayward is a great professional shop. They work with Patrick Ottis on restorations, but does a full range of body works. Highly reccomended, did a fantastic job for me.

Also, check out the new shop in Berkeley, next to Patrick Ottis, Rossa Motors. The chief mechanic is Giuseppe, who used to work at FoSF and trained in Italy. Well known in the area as one of the best. www.rossamotors.com