Price check 512BB | FerrariChat

Price check 512BB

Discussion in 'Boxers/TR/M' started by riverflyer, Nov 19, 2007.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. riverflyer

riverflyer F1 Rookie

Nov 26, 2003
    Mendocino, Ca
    Full Name:
    John
    I know prices have been on the rise. Can anyone offer some recent sales, not asking, prices?
    I see the black/bl one on ebay which looks to be a very nice car, asking $115. Is that a fair price in your opinion?
    Would red/tan bring more money?
    Appreciate any feedback from any owners or others who have been following the market closely.

2. BigTex

BigTex Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    It still takes a nice car to break $100K, IMO....it's a Market that has a pretty big spread in it right now.

Color is always a personal choice, but a red/tan I suppose is at the top of the market.

But a white one on here looks great, and Alex is restoring his in a beautiful blue.....a black one is gonna be very hot to operate in the summer due to large glass areas and marginal A/C...

HTH....good luck!

BBis are setting the upper price curve on 512s, but the carbed 512s are my favorite.......actually the 365BB is a higher price curve also, a whole different market!

3. BigTex

BigTex Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    John,

The trouble is that Boxers are pretty hefty $$ maintenence wise, so a car well sorted and in current use is probably well worth $20K to $30K over an IDENTICAL one coming out of slumber, see my point???

4. riverflyer

riverflyer F1 Rookie

Nov 26, 2003
    Mendocino, Ca
    Full Name:
    John
    Yes, I like that "coming out of slumber", hits the nail on the head for one car I have interest in. thanks

5. willrace

willrace Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Oct 21, 2006
    North Tay-has
    Full Name:
    Kurt
    WooHOOOO !!!! Resale Red. On a Ferrari. Nothing like shootin' for rarity, uniqueness, and above all - any anti-cliche color.

Nope, not even close.
    :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Seriously, some of us seek-out the non-cliche (lots of F-cars are Red? Gee, never noticed). Even Black approaches the border, but is a beautiful non-red choice. May even add another one sometime, against my experienced judgement (Black is a tough color here in sun-baked Texas).

The BIN price is a bit steep, but I've thought about this one more than a couple of times since Bobileff had it (it had just sold when I called), and couple of times since msgsobe posted it here. Sounds like a good car in need of the right price to find the right buyer.

Call and make a "I'll take it right now at $XXX" offer.
    The Boxer group is a little different, but as Cosby once said in a story, "Come on in....the water's fine."

6. chrismorse

chrismorse Formula 3

Feb 16, 2004
    way north california
    Full Name:
    chris morse
    The recent Forza had a good bit to say about the prices & buying the "newer" 12s

hth,
    chris

7. LightGuy

LightGuy Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 4, 2004
    Texas
    Full Name:
    David
    A nice BB sold 2 months ago in Connecticut for 105. Service needed.
    I hear one sold for that same amount in TX about 2 weeks ago. Service needed as well.
    I actually prefer the 512BB to the 365 and BBi.
    The rule of thumb is to get the first or last but in my Boxer world the middle is best.
    BTW the train is leaving the station. Last year they were 20 to 30k cheaper. Ask me how I know.

8. 330GT2+2

330GT2+2 Formula Junior

Nov 19, 2005
    Texas
    Full Name:
    330gt2+2
    #8 330GT2+2, Nov 19, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    What he said
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

9. riverflyer

riverflyer F1 Rookie

Nov 26, 2003
    Mendocino, Ca
    Full Name:
    John
    So Frank, is that beauty coming or going?

10. 330GT2+2

330GT2+2 Formula Junior

Nov 19, 2005
    Texas
    Full Name:
    330gt2+2
    Had her for a while now..(see my post "wanted 512BBi" post from a year ago) Got a million responses..lots of help from the guys that are on the chat all the time.....couldn't be happier with her--but buying one now kinda gets your attention, with most if not all over 100 big ones....

Have some other pics of her getting a clutch and after a Zaino detail....(see previous posts)---