Ferrari 328 GTS Exhaust Sound Clips | FerrariChat

Ferrari 328 GTS Exhaust Sound Clips

Discussion in '308/328' started by ASFJr, Nov 18, 2007.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ASFJr

ASFJr Formula Junior

Oct 11, 2004
    SF, CA & NYC, NY
    Full Name:
    Alfonso Faustino
    Hi, All.

I've had the pleasure of meeting lots of wonderful people from FerrariChat, Northern California Section, through Prancing Horse's milk runs throughout the Bay Area.

One of the people that I met is Bryan Shisler of VIP Tuning Pro in San Jose California.

I am taking High Performance Driving Lessons from him. Part of the lesson involves evaluating Madellena, my Ferrari 328 GTS, for high performance drive-worthy status. He mentioned that she's in great shape, and made some recommendations for areas of improvements and enhancements.

One of the areas of improvements and enhancements are the air intake system, air filter, and the exhaust system. I approved his recommendations; hence, on 16-November-07, I got Madellena back, and she sounds and feels amazing. He is going to put her on the dyno, so I can get some numbers; so, in the meantime, I thought you might want to hear her new voice...click on this link, and scroll down to VIP Tuning Pro, which is in the mid-section of my website: http://www.AlfonsoFaustino.com.

Happy soon-to-be Thanksgiving to all of you.

Check 6.

/s/ Alfonso Faustino

2. doug328

doug328 Formula 3

Mar 11, 2004
    The Space Coast, FL
    Full Name:
    Doug B
    Great sound clips, even more of a reason to go for a drive.

3. ASFJr

ASFJr Formula Junior

Oct 11, 2004
    SF, CA & NYC, NY
    Full Name:
    Alfonso Faustino
    Thanks, doug328. Yes...I can't wait to drive her after the Thanksgiving Holidays.

Check 6.

/s/ Alfonso

4. Brunello

Brunello Formula Junior

Sep 10, 2005
    Vancouver, British C
    Full Name:
    Al
    Alfonzo,

Did you keep the MM muffler set-up or did you replace the muffler too?

5. fastjon

fastjon Formula Junior

Oct 14, 2006
    California
    Full Name:
    Jonathan
    Your car sounds awesome. I heard it live at SR, literally blew me away ;). It was nice meeting Bryan, who really did a top notch job and is a super nice guy.

6. ASFJr

ASFJr Formula Junior

Oct 11, 2004
    SF, CA & NYC, NY
    Full Name:
    Alfonso Faustino
    Hi, Brunello.

The new exhaust system replaced the MM. I still have the MM and the stock 328 muffler, which, by the way, is really a pretty muffler, considering it's the original factory muffler from 1988. I have all the stock parts, just in case I want to bolt them back on. I doubt I ever will because her new sound and performance gains really got me. Have a great Thanksgiving!

Check 6.

/s/ Alfonso

Hi, FastJon.

Thanks, so much, for the kind compliments. Mia Cavalli is a beautiful girl. I love the blue, and the pictures from our drive, the one when you are in motion on the freeway, is so cool! I love it. Yes, Bryan is really a cool and knowledgeable guy. He is one hell of a driver considering he is managing that big Lambo Diablo VT Roadster through some gnarly and tight turns -- our other drives were more technical than the last one.

One day, you might consider letting him take Mia Cavalli's wheel; he can show you the power and agility of your car -- amazing -- I never knew Madellena had all that potential and more, until he took me for a drive in her.

Happy Thanksgiving.

Check 6.

/s/ Alfonso

7. mike

mike Formula Junior

Nov 2, 2003
    Colorado
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Alfonso, she sounds wonderful!.. I was wondering if the cost for this cat/exhaust system is in line, price wise, with hyper flow/tubi...or others such as stebro...etc..

Thanks & enjoy the drive

Mike

8. ASFJr

ASFJr Formula Junior

Oct 11, 2004
    SF, CA & NYC, NY
    Full Name:
    Alfonso Faustino
    Thanks, to all of you, who sent me PMs and emails complimenting my exhaust system -- I really love it. I appreciate all the feedback because sound is such a qualitative thing; and, whenever I get into exhaust modifications for sound, I always get a bit apprehensive because I never know the way it's going to sound until after the new system is installed.

Hi, Mike.

Sorry for the delay in responding to your question. I just got back from travels. I paid $3800 (tax, labor, hi-flow cat, piping, two tips, included) for my exhaust system.

When I got my MM exhaust system, I paid about $3500 (parts, labor, and tax included).

When I had my Tubi, I paid $3300 for the muffler -- I believe installation and tuning of it ended up in the neighborhood of $3800 - $4000.

I don't know the present cost of Tubi. I never used Stebro.

I hope I answered your question. If not, PM me, and we can get into the details of my past invoices -- or, you can see my charges on my website: http://www.AlfonsoFaustino.com. Just click on one of the links under Valtellina Automobili.

Good luck with your search; and, if you have any other questions regarding my exhaust or service, let me know.

Check 6.

/s/ Alfonso

9. mike

mike Formula Junior

Nov 2, 2003
    Colorado
    Full Name:
    Mike

Thanks Alfonso, I too am late in my reply, busy holiday time!

It appears that your NEW tuned exhaust IS right in line with other aftermarket systems.. and after hearing your new system I too favor that set up..
    Just wish he wasn't so far away... Now to find a shop in Colorado

Thanks again
    Mike