Warped windshield | FerrariChat

Warped windshield

Discussion in '206/246' started by omgjon, Nov 20, 2007.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. omgjon

omgjon F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Feb 13, 2005
    Spicewood, Texas
    Full Name:
    Jon Gunderson
    I got a new windshield for the Dino. I believe the brand is Pilkington?.I got it from Lyle Tanner. The windshield guy says it's warped, is this possible?

2. alberto

alberto Formula 3

Aug 25, 2001
    San Diego
    Full Name:
    Alberto
    Jon:

This is so obvious I feel stupid for mentioning it, but can you compare the one you took out to the one you bought? How about to the other Dino you have? There's no chance that the Blue Dino is somehow warped or bent, is there?

Alberto

3. jselevan

jselevan Formula 3

Nov 2, 2003
    Jon - It is not warped...it simply does not fit.

This is quite common. My windshield did not go back in without some persuasion. I read your other post discussing the "frame". Are you referring to the chassis frame or the chrome surround? I suspect that the chassis, after being sand blasted and blocked and sanded, is not meeting the glass as it once did.

It just takes a bit of teasing to get everything right. Furthermore, the glass will flex when released from the constraint of the chassis and rubber seal (not your issue as your glass is new). The glass will eventually conform to the surround and rubber seal.

Let me know when you are ready to fire it up. I can come down and help you. I have done this 5 times, and it is a blast. I want pictures of your face when it ignites!

Jim S.

4. omgjon

omgjon F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Feb 13, 2005
    Spicewood, Texas
    Full Name:
    Jon Gunderson
    The chrome surround was distorted and took quite a bit of finessing to get it back to the right shape.