Used/Cheap/Free 348 liners available? | FerrariChat

Used/Cheap/Free 348 liners available?

Discussion in '348/355' started by mk e, Nov 22, 2007.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. mk e

mk e F1 World Champ

Oct 31, 2003
    The twilight zone
    Full Name:
    The Butcher
    I’m hoping to find at least 12 used to the point of free or nearly free 348 cylinder liners. I know it sounds a little odd, but this whole project is odd.

http://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/showthread.php?p=137244683#post137244683

Basically I've got a 400i engine, TR head and a 308 I'm trying to make play nice together, then it occurred to me that no proper project could ever be complete without some 348 parts!

I’d like to use the 85mm bore 348 nikasil liners instead of the original 81mm iron liners. I know I’ll have to do some work on the block, but I’m doing an abnormal amount of work on it already, so a little more isn’t a bit deal. I may also need to do some work on the liners as well, which is a big part of way I’d like to start with old ones, I can get the nikasil redone after. If anybody has a line on a set or 2 I'd appreciated it.

2. 285ferrari

285ferrari Two Time F1 World Champ
    Sponsor

Sep 11, 2004
    Southern Md
    Full Name:
    Robbie
    Good Luck---Sounds like an awesome project!!! Kep us informed on the progress...

3. James in Denver

James in Denver Formula 3

May 23, 2006
    Centennial Colorado
    Full Name:
    James in Denver
    DaveHelms in Boulder posted an FChat Ad a while back saying he had a bunch of 348 parts he was trying to get rid of. Might be worth a call to Dave.

Dave rocks....... :)

James in Denver

Good luck with the V-12 308, that will be #4 of those hybrids, yes?

James in Denver

4. mk e

mk e F1 World Champ

Oct 31, 2003
    The twilight zone
    Full Name:
    The Butcher
    I'll check with him, thanks.

If I get it running, I think it will be #4 running. Fellow f-chatter atlantaman has one mostly done, so counting that this is #5.

Mine's a little different in that the others all use a 365 SOHC engines at 4.4 liter, while mine is a 400 block, 4 valve DOHC heads and 5.3 liter (unless I get talked into stroking it to 6.0 liter). Also I'm (planning) to do the install a little different to get the engine much closer to centered side to side in the engine bay.