paint removal | FerrariChat

paint removal

Discussion in 'Collectables, Literature, & Models' started by F&M racing, Nov 22, 2007.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. F&M racing

F&M racing Formula Junior

Feb 26, 2006
    Michigan
    Full Name:
    JimF
    I purchased a Marlboro decal set for my 1/18 diecast Ferrari 2004 F1 car. It appears I need to remove some of the white paint on the airbox. I also have a 1982 Rothmans Porsche 956 that I need to remove the Porsche script off the nose to replace it with the bolder lettering in the decal set. What's the best way to do this without ruining the main body paint on both ?

2. rodolfo

rodolfo Formula Junior

Jul 18, 2007
    Mexico
    On the F 2004 I used Nail Polish Remover, on other forums I have read that the best is Non Acetone, but I cannot find it here, so I diluted some NPR with water and a q-tip started scrubbing the white paint, having water near and with another aplicator washing the NPR in between aplications, you have to change the aplicator ever so often that you notice white paint in it. Do not use much force, be careful and watchine the q-tip so it is not turning red. Wipe with a wet tissue when your done to make sure there is no residue of NPR.

DO NOT USE NPR on plastics, they do not like each other.
    It is an easy modification and safe to do it.

hope that this works for you.

NPR is also good for removing decals and tampos on models.