Thanksgiving day drive... | FerrariChat

Thanksgiving day drive...

Discussion in '308/328' started by jimshadow, Nov 22, 2007.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. jimshadow

jimshadow F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Feb 19, 2006
    Indiana
    Full Name:
    JIM
    #1 jimshadow, Nov 22, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Well, the weather around here has been terrible. Quite a bit of rain and cold, dropping temps which means snow soon. Despite being very cloudy with a 30% chance of rain/snow, I decided to take my baby out for a drive. It's been almost 2 weeks since I've driven her, so I thought it would be best to chance the weather. I'm glad that I did. She drove like a champ. You could really tell that she wanted to run. Each time I shut her down, all I had to do was barely engage the starter (so it felt) and she fired right up like she could not wait to get moving. :)
    My plan was to go down to the gas station and fill her up in preparation for a couple months of garage hibernation with the salty roads that are surely coming. On the way there I got the idea to head downtown and find some places to snap some pics. (I usually bring my camera along on drives just in case.) I found an old building on what is normally a very busy street. Today, however, traffic was nil with it being a holiday. From there I went down to the Art Center and parked right out front where on any other day you would not be able to get a vehicle. I then pulled over to the side where the funky red sculpture is located. After that I drove around a while, then filled her up. I was about 1 mile from home when it started to barely spit snow....I think Enzo was smiling today...I sure know I was!!!

Enjoy!

JIM
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. jonesdds

jonesdds Formula 3

Aug 31, 2006
    SB,CA & Park City UT
    Full Name:
    Jeff
    Nice pictures, glad you enjoyed the drive, thanks for sharing!

Unfortunately, mine's been laid up for a few weeks but problem's been solved, home tommorow hopefully.

Happy thanksgiving!

Jeff

3. Hans

Hans F1 Veteran

Feb 17, 2006
    Hilversum, Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Hans Teijgeler
    Nice pics!!!

The roads here are salted already, I'm afraid. My daily driver is looking awful, not something I'd like to subject my little Dino to. But the itch to get out and drive is getting irresistable!!!

I'm sure it's been covered here numerous time before, Jim, but you certainly have an interesting mix of US and euro spec there! Euro bumpers with US side markers??? Unofficial US import???

Hans

4. jimshadow

jimshadow F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Feb 19, 2006
    Indiana
    Full Name:
    JIM
    I would not subject her to salt....bad for our little Dino's!!!

I sure wish I had the paper trail on this car back to '74, there is surely some interesting history here. I would love to know how she ended up in the USA since she was sold in Italy 1st....did she come right over or was she bought with the intention of bringing her here? I would also like to know how early she came over being the ~16th or so SN...
    Probablly won't ever find that history, but it sure is fun to wonder about.

JIM

5. ferrariguyma

ferrariguyma Formula Junior

Nov 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
  6. Yamaric

Yamaric Karting

Apr 7, 2007
    West Palm Beach, FL
    Full Name:
    Richard Dalgleish
    Jim

Nice shots,
    Glad you got her out for the holiday.

7. doug328

doug328 Formula 3

Mar 11, 2004
    The Space Coast, FL
    Full Name:
    Doug B
    Thanks for the pics, hopefully you will enjoy a few more days of driving before the winter weather sets in.