Any hints before buying a 2004 360 F1 Spider? | FerrariChat

Any hints before buying a 2004 360 F1 Spider?

Discussion in '360/430' started by HOF Ferrari, Nov 22, 2007.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. HOF Ferrari

HOF Ferrari Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 22, 2007
    Canton, Ohio
    Full Name:
    AFG
    I am getting ready to buy my 2nd Ferrari. It is a 2004 360 F1 Spider. It is a late car ,mfg'ed in 10/04, has 6100 miles....Don't believe any major service has been done...should I do that first??, I did find out it had the F1 module replaced under warranty ...any other hints or things I should look for before I actually buy it (have already put down a deposit....Options are HiFi w/ subwoofer, Ferrari racing exhaust, Daytona power seats, Battery Charger w/ prewiring, small spare tire kit, front challenge grill and scuderia shields.. Before I buy I am having a Ferrari dealer do an overall inspection ($400) and a compression test ($400)....Is there anything that I am missing? Thanks alot

2. red3555gtb

red3555gtb Formula 3
    BANNED

Nov 15, 2006
    Woodbridge/Ontario
    Full Name:
    Rocco
    Why do a compression test on a 360?

3. HOF Ferrari

HOF Ferrari Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 22, 2007
    Canton, Ohio
    Full Name:
    AFG
    The dealer said that was something that I should consider should I not do that?

4. Joe Mac

Joe Mac Formula 3

AFG, if you are uncomfortable mentioning pricing via reply to the general public here, please PM me. I could help with pricing and the like (having just traded my 04 Spider in to my local Ferrari dealer).

Joe

5. MordaloMVD

MordaloMVD F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 7, 2005
    WA
    Full Name:
    Michael von Ditter
    Waste of money unless there is some engine history. :) Get the 5K service done though.

6. HOF Ferrari

HOF Ferrari Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 22, 2007
    Canton, Ohio
    Full Name:
    AFG
    Should I look at the miles....or the years...or both..to determine what services need done?

7. Joe Mac

Joe Mac Formula 3

Both. Being an 04, the belt service should have been complete. If it wasn't, I would ask why it wasn't done.

8. HOF Ferrari

HOF Ferrari Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 22, 2007
    Canton, Ohio
    Full Name:
    AFG
    Joe, The dealer thought it was done, only to find out it was just an oil change...

9. scott63

scott63 Formula Junior

Nov 1, 2003
    I know where you can get a great 2004 360 Spider that has had the major service completed. PM me for more information.

10. HOF Ferrari

HOF Ferrari Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 22, 2007
    Canton, Ohio
    Full Name:
    AFG
    scott, please give me all the details, not sure if the deal can be better than the one that I have made including options, and a red/Tan car, but give it a try. Thanks

11. E60 M5

E60 M5 Moderator
    Moderator Owner

Jan 2, 2006
    Wash DC area
    Full Name:
    Robert
    Is the oil the only fluid ever changed??? If so, you need to have all the fluids changed in the car, brake,coolant,gear box,trans,and so on. Belts, every 3 years or 30k miles, maybe bargain this into the purchase price?! Not here to debate the timing belt issue, this is what is recommended.
    Good luck on the purchase!!!!! Oh and skip the leak down, not needed for the 360.

Robert

12. mgtr1990

mgtr1990 Formula 3

Mar 30, 2005
    Naples Florida
    Full Name:
    Martin Graham
    +1