355 ABS and Brake light stays on. | FerrariChat

355 ABS and Brake light stays on.

Discussion in '348/355' started by DT-355, Nov 20, 2007.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. DT-355

DT-355 Karting

Oct 14, 2007
    My 1995, 355 has had the ABS and Brake light on since I bought it. The dealer said they would stand behind the fix, but the tech. is having trouble finding it. Tried replacing almost everything....lights still on. Maybe a short somewhere. Has anyone had this problem or have any idea where to look for the short? I've had the car almost a year, still no fix with numerous trips to the shop. I'm tired of leaving the car at the shop for weeks at a time with no resolve. Any ideas?

Thanks.

2. No Doubt

No Doubt Seven Time F1 World Champ

May 21, 2005
    Vegas+Alabama
    Full Name:
    Mr. Sideways
    For your ABS light, plug a 10 amp fuse into the ABS relay panel (don't drive with this fuse installed though). That will flash your ABS light to show you your ABS error codes.

For your BRAKE light, fill your brake reservoir and check your brake pad wear sensors.

3. bcwawright

bcwawright F1 Veteran

Jul 8, 2006
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    Bruce
    Your tech does not know how to pull codes?? Replaced everything??? Could you list the specific parts replaced so far?

Please take the time to fill out your profile....

4. Dean355

Dean355 Formula 3

Sep 4, 2006
    South Florida
    Full Name:
    Dean
    Just to add in my case the reason the brake light was on was because the hand brake was not pressed down all the way to engage the light sensor switch.

5. coolblue

coolblue Karting

May 6, 2004
    The same thing happpened to me and it was the ABS pump faulty. £1200 each . Ouch!

6. No Doubt

No Doubt Seven Time F1 World Champ

May 21, 2005
    Vegas+Alabama
    Full Name:
    Mr. Sideways
    Don't guess at the problem with expensive new parts, though! Pull the ABS codes. They'll identify the problem. Then replace what needs to be replaced.

(just a simple Ford ABS pump, though...if you don't have to have the yellow/black horsie on your parts, then you can get out for hundreds instead of thousands)