The GTO will be at the NE Auto Show | FerrariChat

The GTO will be at the NE Auto Show

Discussion in 'New England' started by dan360, Nov 26, 2007.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. dan360

dan360 F1 Rookie

Feb 18, 2003
    Boston
    Thought I'd post that the 288 GTO will be at the NE Auto Show which has moved this year to the new Boston Convention centre in the seaport district (from its old rather grim location down by the JFK Library).

The new Maserati GT is there (I saw it this morning being delivered) as will I believe a 430, some Astons, Lambos and Bentleys. The GTO is with a Lusso, and an Alfa Montreal next to Subaru as part of a classic car display organized by the Larz Anderson museum.

http://www.paragonexpo.com/272.html for hours and admission. There is a floorplan on the site where you'll be able to see Subaru, but you could probably only read the Museum of Transportation bit next to it if you knew it said that.

2. LAMBOSTN

LAMBOSTN Karting

Mar 31, 2005
    Full Name:
    Todd Currie
    #2 LAMBOSTN, Nov 26, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    It is going to be a great show! Quick preview for you guys. you have to come to see what they are!

I didnt see the 288 there yet. Look forward to it.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

3. RMDC

RMDC Formula 3

May 15, 2005
    Boston, North Shore
    Dan -Thanks for the heads up, Will try to make it on Friday. Next time we get together at Starbucks, you have to share the story of the GTO being featured at the show.

4. 250californiafan

250californiafan Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 26, 2006
    Shawnee, KS
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    Is this show worth driving to for someone in mid-New Hampshire, about 100 miles away, or should I wait for the New York Auto Show? I don't mind the drive if the right cars are there. I am mainly interested in the concept cars, the Reventon, and the 430 Scuderia.

5. Speedracer38

Speedracer38 F1 Veteran

Oct 11, 2004
    Connecticut
    Full Name:
    Jason Thorgalsen
    Superleggera on rims or with Callistos, a Gallardo Spyder, and LP640 roadster? :)

6. dan360

dan360 F1 Rookie

Feb 18, 2003
    Boston
    I haven't seen the rest of the show, but typicallly the supercars are the "standard" models, I'll let Todd confirm, but I would not expect the Reventon. Plus no scuderia, I know there are a couple in the US, but they are doing a tour for dealer launches (eg in early Dec in NYC).

The new location is pretty impressive, but its more of a big car show than a launch show like Geneva or Frankfurt or Detroit.

7. LAMBOSTN

LAMBOSTN Karting

Mar 31, 2005
    Full Name:
    Todd Currie
    Correct. No Reventon or Scuderia. We are yet to have a show this nice in Boston. New location is beautiful.

8. gman ferrari

gman ferrari Karting

Jul 5, 2006
    sounds great see you at the show on saturday Todd!

9. ronfrohock

ronfrohock F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Aug 16, 2004
    MA
    Full Name:
    Ron Frohock
    Ill post some photo's
    - Ron
    Ps. I saw the new Maserati at FoNE Sat. when I picked up my car.

- Ron

10. dan360

dan360 F1 Rookie

Feb 18, 2003
    Boston
    Its definitely worth the visit if you're local, much better than previous years. I went to the charity preview last night, and it was fun.

Porsche/Aston Martin/Ferrari/Lamborghini are all there. Porsche has a couple of cars, Aston has a DB9 Volante, Vantage and a new Vantage Volante with the F1 gearbox. Ferrari has a 430 Spider, 430 Coupe, QP and the new GT (with cupholders!). Lamborghini has a Superleggerra, a G-spider and a very cool LP640 spider.

Other things of interest, the new Jag is there. The new Skyline GTR is there (in RHD flown over from Japan). The concept Camaro and Challenger cars are there. The Audi R8 is there, the new M3 V8 is there.

It was nice to be there without the crowds and get to chat to Jesse from FoNE, Todd from Lambo and the crew from Aston.

11. Francesco_Baracca

Francesco_Baracca Formula Junior

May 18, 2005
    Dan. I'll be over there tonight, around 6.
    Are you going to be there?

Mark

12. dan360

dan360 F1 Rookie

Feb 18, 2003
    Boston
    No. Just the car. I fortunately don't have to man the stand!

13. Francesco_Baracca

Francesco_Baracca Formula Junior

May 18, 2005
    Dan, went to the show last night and saw your car.
    1 comment and 2 questions.
    I love how the paint/overall car has a slight "aged" look. If it looked 100% perfect it just wouldn't be right. Really has that classic feel that keeps it's age apparent...as a good thing. Awesome....can't say enough about the 288 and your's is just awesome...especially with the little guy's ownership history.
    Did you drive it to the show?
    And are you planning on driving it "regularly"?

14. dan360

dan360 F1 Rookie

Feb 18, 2003
    Boston
    Interstingly a 288GTO looked "aged" when it was originally delivered! They were famed for a less than perfect paint finish - they were of course made with a Fiberglass/Kevlar/Carbon body work with the exception of the doors and engine cover which are aluminum.

I agree that its good to be original and you can tell its original - it won a Gold a the FCA national this fall, there's a few tiny nuances to fix for platinum at a national level (94 points missed by 1!).

I did drive it to the show and do drive it - I've put 2500 miles on this summer since I bought it the spring. Its also going down to Florida in January and will be at Cavallino. My plan is to drive it around that mileage each year. Hence buying a car with a few miles on it anyway rather than paying a premium for a car that's never been driven.

15. DadsFerrari

DadsFerrari Formula 3

May 31, 2004
    New England
    Full Name:
    Mister M
    Nice Plate, don't forget that vanity plates renew on Dec 1, so you need the "08" sticker to avoid a BS ticket ;)

The lighting is better in these pics that at the event tonight. The new car section was much brighter. The old blue Ferrari was nice

16. douging

douging Karting

Sep 8, 2005
    Lynn
    Full Name:
    Doug
    I think I saw you in I-95 North a month or so back. It was just after the Newburyport exit. I was driving south and what could only be a 288GTO was barrelling up the left lane on the opposite side. If that was you let me attest to the claim that you bought the car to drive and not just pose as a prom queen.

17. DadsFerrari

DadsFerrari Formula 3

May 31, 2004
    New England
    Full Name:
    Mister M
    The only 288 I have seen in traffic was when BSC drove Cosbys from Larz to Weston. It was a slow drive, but still a sight to see after admiring the 288 in magazines for 20 years. If I saw a 288 approaching like you did, I would totally freak out ;) and thankfully, not many fake 288s/ 308s with kits exist :) especially the Fiero ones lol

18. masterflex164

masterflex164 Formula Junior

Oct 17, 2004
    New England
    Looks like a nice show!
    Didn't even know this car show existed, until I saw the pics. Even if I went, I don't think anyone would've let me near the cars. I'm still in High School.

Maybe I'll be down next year. Will I be able to get to see the Lambos up close, if I'm a member of Fchat? :D

19. dan360

dan360 F1 Rookie

Feb 18, 2003
    Boston
    Yep that was most likely me - we took the GTO up to Maine for the FCA event there. It even got rained on and it didn't melt!