Urgent! 360 Battery not charging. What is a direct replacement? | FerrariChat

Urgent! 360 Battery not charging. What is a direct replacement?

Discussion in 'Technical Q&A' started by lochnagar, Nov 25, 2007.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. lochnagar

lochnagar Rookie

Nov 17, 2007
    As above says, my battery is not producing enough power to start the car this evening and despite previous charging, I suspect it is done for.
    As I do not have a "local" Ferrari dealer, what battery will act as a replacement??

2. sws4re

sws4re Formula Junior

Jan 28, 2006
    Olathe Ks
    Full Name:
    Scott Sweat
    I use Interstate MTP-91 for the 360s. You will need to get a differant set of j hooks that hold the battery down but this is no big deal. Also If you do not have a tender, get one, it is a must have. You can mount it behind the drivers seat (remove the cover on the floor and you should see the mounting spots.)and run the tail just next to the door, makes for an easy plug in that you will be sure to do when you are not driving the car.

3. f355spider

f355spider F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 29, 2001
    USA
    Does the MTP-91 have the external vent hose? Cars with the battery mounted in the passenger compartment or trunk generally require them. That or you must use a sealed battery, either gel or absorbed glass mat type (AGM) like the Optima or Sears Diehard Platinum, though I don't know if they make an application for the 360.

4. Steve King

Steve King F1 Rookie

Feb 15, 2001
    NY
    Do we assume that you check to make sure that you do not have an alternator issue here and not just a battery. Seems like the battery should not be old enough to replace. I would make sure that you check out the charging circuit after you replace the battery. Just put a volt meter on the battery and see if it is showing between 13.6V and 14.5 Volts with the engine running at idle (1000rpm). Good luck

5. f355spider

Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 29, 2001
    USA
    Well, being a 360 and first built in 1999, the car could potentially be 8 years old. Also, the factory oem battery made by Fiamm is well known to not take to a complete discharge well and would prematurely fail often. But good advice just the same!

6. f355spider

Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 29, 2001
    USA
    BTW, I have heard from another Fchatter that indeed the MTP-91 has the proper vent tube, and is an excellent choice for a replacement battery in the 360.

7. Skidkid

Skidkid F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Aug 25, 2005
    Campbell, CA
    Full Name:
    John Zornes
    The Interstate has a vent hose and will fit. NOTE: group 34 like optima won't fit in the space.

I use the Odessey 925T. It only weighs 25 pounds and is completely sealed.

There are a bunch of threads on that subject. Just do a quick search in the 360 forum.