Crazy/Weird Exotic Driving Experiences - Post Yours | FerrariChat

Crazy/Weird Exotic Driving Experiences - Post Yours

Discussion in 'Canada' started by RiskArb, Nov 26, 2007.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. RiskArb

RiskArb Karting

Jun 6, 2007
    New York, Hong Kong
    Any of you guys/gals have any weird reactions from other drivers (or bystanders) when you're on the roads?

I bought my car entirely for me but totally underestimated the impact it had on others.

Few of my recent experiences:

GOOD
    - Got a striptease from 2 cute girls at the corner of Howe and Georgia (in Vancouver). They hopped out of a back of a dodge caravan and were clearly drunk
    - 2 other girls in a caravan (don't know what's up with caravans) followed me down boundary ave (burnaby) to coquitlam. They were constantly screaming, sticking their legs out the window, honking, pulling up next to me etc.

BAD
    - Hippie dude walking in downtown Vancouver spots me and calls me a fool.... saying I should donate my "millions" to charity
    - This guy in a F350 pick-up in Whistler sticks his head out the window and screams "you're burning oil!!". (Stupid me, I thought I had an engine fire and pulled over, doh)

The big conclusions I'd draw from my experience is that 1) Vancouver is full of opinionated ppl of all stripes,,,, and 2) girls like these cars more than guys do!

Love to get others stories as well!

2. tjacoby

tjacoby F1 Rookie

Nov 1, 2003
    Vancouver Canada
    Full Name:
    tj
    even Downtown Eastside dudes give thumbs up, and unprintable positives. Cops don't give me a bad time about the front plate missing, or the odd borderline speed incidence.

Guess they feel sorry for the old guy in the undesirable 348 :)

There was one guy on a Harley in Langley who tossed out "Ferrari ***git" a couple of years ago - didn't bother explaining to him the demographics actually made it more likely that he was describing himself.

Girls don't care, and certainly no strip tease (you never did post pics RA!).

3. srtricky

srtricky Formula Junior

Jul 20, 2005
    BC
    Full Name:
    Ricky
    girls love it but no strip tease for me either :( :(. Guys seem to love it as well although there will always be some weirdos. Bad: I've had people follow me all the way to my destination (30 mins for one guy) and then tell me about how long they followed me and were scared because they didn't want me to get mad. I should really pay attention to people following me but I've never really cared. Lots of people pull out a camera and follow for a few blocks to video tape the car. I've had quite a few funny experiences in the Lambo so far as well. Heres one I've never posted before: I was in Surrey waiting to turn left onto Scott Road at the Scott road and 72nd intersection. Some guy comes beside me keeps rolling his car past my car at about 5 km/h or so, gets to the point of his drivers door is right beside my passenger door he gives me a quick smile and a thumbs up and floors his car for god knows what reason and blasts into the car infront of him. I felt a little bad but I couldn't stop laughing.

4. b-mak

b-mak F1 Veteran

I have a story about a recent Cannonball Run, a strip join and the author of the DaVinci Code, but it's not suitable for this site.

5. Razzer92

Razzer92 F1 Rookie

Aug 4, 2006
    lol

Yeah Vancouver has alot of crazy people.

6. Razzer92

Razzer92 F1 Rookie

Aug 4, 2006
    hahahaha!!

7. MS250

MS250 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Dec 10, 2003
    Full Name:
    Avvocato
    i can see that happening with you....you pla...ya ;)

8. Toronto308

Toronto308 Formula 3

Sep 8, 2006
    Toronto, ON
    Full Name:
    Esteban
    I've had mini-van skin too! I was stuck in brutal traffic on the Lakeshore by Ontario place several years ago. There must have been a rock concert going on or something because everyone on the road there was young and acting stupid and it was absolute grid-lock. Anyway, I was behind a minivan full of girls when one of them pointed to my car (I was driving a Porsche at the time). Then they all started waving and smiling. Next thing I know they flash their boobs and moon me. I didn't know what to do or where to look. I was stuck behind them! So I turn and see a guy in the car next to me laughing. Awkward.

9. RiskArb

RiskArb Karting

Jun 6, 2007
    New York, Hong Kong
    ^ mini-van skin!!! Love it!!!

I was so red-faced I didn't think for a second to take pics. Will definitely do so next time!! Also, don't be so hard on yourself. I'll bet your 348 and fine coiffe can catch a mighty fine cougar ;)

Great stories all! Here's one more that I forgot to mention:

I was driving on Beach Avenue (downtown Vancouver) with my cousin in the passenger seat. She's really pretty, 22 years old and was wearing these funny bug-eyed sunglasses that girls seem to wear these days.... they basically obscure your entire face. As we pull up to the stoplight, a bunch of guys turn to look at the car/her and one proclaims "Jessica Alba!!!". (Jessica Alba was in town filming some god-knows-what crappy movie). Everyones heads turn (lots of pedestrians on the corner of Beach Avenue and Denman), some fumble for the cameras and my cousin pulls on her green hoody and slinks down into the seat making them really think it was Jessica Alba. Thankfully I get a greenlight, I hit the gas and then we both start laughing.

(And if anyone thinks I'm doing loser laps downtown, think again! I live downtown and take beach avenue to get to West Van and Richmond)

10. tjacoby

tjacoby F1 Rookie

Nov 1, 2003
    Vancouver Canada
    Full Name:
    tj
    Oh, you mean Grandmas? ha ha!

I've got my hands full at home already, (she writes the cheques for the car).