CS Rims | FerrariChat

CS Rims

Discussion in '360/430' started by Fmax, Nov 26, 2007.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Fmax

Fmax Formula Junior

Aug 16, 2007
    Prague, CZ
    Full Name:
    Max
    Any idea what CS Rims cost? I have found some second hand ones but nothing new.

2. duskybird

duskybird F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jan 20, 2007
    29 Electoral Votes
    Full Name:
    Bill B.
  3. masar

masar Formula 3

Aug 19, 2007
    Czech republic
    Full Name:
    Petr
    Max, check BBS wheels, they look almost same and price difference is huge. Of course i am not sure if performance is same as well....

4. Joe Mac

Joe Mac Formula 3

5. dan360

dan360 F1 Rookie

Feb 18, 2003
    Boston
    Factory prices (or at least when I bought my last wheel) are 1700 Front and 2000 rear, so Daniel is the same in this instance - however he may well actually have the wheels, whereas if you go to a dealer no-doubt you'll be waiting some time. My dealer gave in and started stocking fronts. The fronts are the ones that bend since the tires are thinner side profile on the front and its therefore easier to actually impact the rim and road.

FWIW I'm on my 4th Right front, and have all 4 straightened/reninished at least once. The wheels are not hard and will bend when subjected to pot-holes. New England is especially bad in this department - mind you this is after 20K and various long road trips.

I believe the 20s on the 599 are more expensive and bend more easily, but I sold mine before I had to deal with that.

6. Ricambi America

Ricambi America F1 World Champ
    Sponsor Owner

Dan - Please note, that link includes a full set of titanium lugs, that's why it's pricey.

The rims alone are < $1500/ea. And yes, they are in stock.

7. Ricambi America

Sponsor Owner

^ see edits above.

8. Fmax

Fmax Formula Junior

Aug 16, 2007
    Prague, CZ
    Full Name:
    Max
    Ok Thanks guys for the suggestions. Pretty expensive stuff and I might think twice :)

9. of2worlds

of2worlds F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 6, 2004
    ON
    Full Name:
    CH
    The BBS wheels are not identical to OEM; correct or did the factory wheels just not have the red lettering? Daniel do the BBS wheels stand up to the pot hole abuse any better than OEM wheels? From your experience do you get any repeat business on the BBS wheels due to damage? Thanks
    CH

10. marksp

marksp Formula Junior

Jul 10, 2006
    Redmond, WA
    Having just bought a set, the factory titanium wheel bolts are essentially $100/ea. So if in fact the sponsor wheel price above includes wheel bolts, then it sounds like a great deal.

11. PCH

PCH F1 Rookie

Apr 7, 2004
    BBS is the OEM of the 18" Challenge wheel (red BBS letters) and also the 19" Challenge Stradale wheel. The 18" Challenge wheel was originally designed for the 360 Challenge series race cars and is not recommended for street use due to its softer composition.

12. Ricambi America

Sponsor Owner

CH - no idea about the BBS vs. OE question -- we only sell genuine Ferrari CS rims, in the Ferrari boxes. My gut feeling is that they're probably identical. To my knowledge, we have not had a "repeat" customer on these wheels. If a customer bends one, they're either fixing it (?), or buying a replacement elsewhere. So the short answer is 'nope'.

Yes, our package price includes the titanium lugs. If you want the wheels individually, they're certainly less money.

Finally, yes. I have one set of Pirelli Corsa rubber here. (My son could go to college for the price of those four tires... but I'd prefer he be sitting on the F1 grid wearing a red suit during those formative years. College can come later :) )

13. sezme

sezme Formula Junior

Oct 23, 2006
    NJ
    Full Name:
    sezme
    As in my PM - consider the Corsa's sold!

Stu

14. ILuv4Res

ILuv4Res F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Aug 8, 2002
    Full Name:
    Fred
    I looked into this when I bought my CS, since I wanted a factory color set as well as the smoked colored wheels I have on my car (two sets). Here's what I found...................

First, there's a difference between the older 18" BBS Challenge wheels and the 19" BBS Challenge Stradale wheels........ 1"!!! They're two completely different wheels. In addition, there is a difference between the Challenge car wheels (one center locking ring) and the road-going CS/F430 Challenge style wheels (lug bolts).

The 19" wheels for the Challenge Stradale are not sold directly to the public by BBS. BBS does NOT sell a wheel that fits. They only sell them to Ferrari, so you will need to buy a genuine "Ferrari" part in order to do so. The best I could find was about $5,500 +/- for the set (not including lugs or center caps). This was about 10% over dealer cost, as a favor to me, so I don't know what your cost would be. However, in order to buy them from a dealer, they required the VIN number of the CS. The VIN requirement part may have changed now that the optional F430 Challenge style wheels are the same.

There are sets that come up on e-bay, and on the FerrariAds section every so often (usually pulled from the F430 Challenge style wheels - which are the same as the CS wheels). They usually run about $6k-$7k for the set with tires (not Corsa's) and usually not including the lugs.

If Daniel has them in stock, and can get them to you, you should consider that option. I have dealt w/ Daniel & Ricambi and I can tell you they're straight-shooters and a pleasure to deal with. Plus, you know you'll get new, unmolested merchandise that is right the first time!!!

15. Finitele

Finitele Formula 3

Sep 26, 2007
    DBC
    Full Name:
    DIR
    What is "titanium lugs"?

16. Ricambi America

Sponsor Owner

17. dan360

dan360 F1 Rookie

Feb 18, 2003
    Boston
    Daniel's price is indeed good including the nuts.

18. Exoticar Auto

Exoticar Auto F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Dec 17, 2004
    Tampa Bay FL.
    Full Name:
    Exoticar Auto
    I may have a set with tires and caps and sensors coming in this week if interested.

19. matt5115

matt5115 Rookie

Jul 19, 2007
    Will these fit a F430? Also, are they available without the BBS lettering?

20. Exoticar Auto

Exoticar Auto F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Dec 17, 2004
    Tampa Bay FL.
    Full Name:
    Exoticar Auto
    #20 Exoticar Auto, Dec 19, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017