219 MPH on the Freeway in a Lambo | FerrariChat

219 MPH on the Freeway in a Lambo

Discussion in 'Arizona & New Mexico' started by DM1, Nov 28, 2007.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. DM1

DM1 Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 9, 2006
    Southwest
    Full Name:
    DM
    Did anyone see the story on the guys doing 219 MPH in a Murci on the Loop 202 Freeway?

2. 410SA

410SA F1 Veteran

Nov 2, 2003
    West Coast
    Full Name:
    A
    Those must obviously be the special East Valley shortened miles. I'd say whoever was clocked doing 219 MPH has a terrific case of faulty speed measuring equipment that will certainly get him off scott free.

3. GNALUZU

GNALUZU Formula Junior

Mar 23, 2004
    Scottsdale, AZ
    Full Name:
    Adam
    Here is the link with story and in car video: http://www.autoblog.com/2007/11/27/idiot-drives-lamborghini-murcielago-lp640-219-mph-on-public-road/

I've seen this car before at a couple events. It will be interesting to see what happens when he get's caught. This story is spreading really quickly over a ton of message boards. Not too many lambos in that color running around the valley so it will be interesting to see how he tries to defend himself.

4. DM1

DM1 Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 9, 2006
    Southwest
    Full Name:
    DM
    Maybe he wasn't the driver.

5. Nicksta

Nicksta Formula Junior

Sep 16, 2006
    DC Ranch & NY, NY
    Full Name:
    Nick Ingle
    I've seen that car over this way a few times. In fact, if you look back 2 weeks on the spotters thread, I'm sure I posted something about it.

It is the Loop 202 Freeway, but its the San Tan portion, not the Red Mountain segment. Its over by Williams Field Airport - I recognize the closed exit signs.

6. BT

BT F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 21, 2005
    FL / GA
    Full Name:
    Bill Tracy
    Not too smart. If another driver changed lanes there would be about a million pieces of LP640 stretched out over a few miles. You can't tell what others are going to do on a public road, especially late at night when there are lots of DUI cases on the road.
    BT

7. GNALUZU

GNALUZU Formula Junior

Mar 23, 2004
    Scottsdale, AZ
    Full Name:
    Adam
  8. copterjon

copterjon Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 11, 2005
    Mesa, Az.
    We all owe him a great big thank you. Now it's going to be open season for the cops on anyone driving a Ferrari or Lambo. We are all going to be branded wreckless idiots with more money than brains.

9. LP400S

LP400S Formula 3

May 18, 2002
    West Coast
    I saw it on the news last night as well. It is terrifying to watch sombody do that on a public road. You could wind up taking out a family or innocent person going home from work. How stupid can someone be to put people in danger like that. Take it to the track if you want to go fast.

10. SMS

SMS F1 Veteran

Jan 7, 2004
    Indy
    Full Name:
    Bill S.
    Pretty smooth road. Hard to run 70 around here!

Well, I guess we'll are learn about internet evidence on this one.

11. Stackhouse

Stackhouse F1 Rookie
    Consultant

Feb 14, 2004
    IN YOUR TRUNK
    Full Name:
    CT.. AKA Pimp Daddy
    Not the first wont be last... F-Chat Sponsor ZR Auto was busted doing the same thing in Canada with the high speed runs he filmed and posted on YouTube here is a link to the story.

http://www.carzi.com/2007/08/14/police-question-enzo-owner-about-video/

12. Stackhouse

Stackhouse F1 Rookie
    Consultant

Feb 14, 2004
    IN YOUR TRUNK
    Full Name:
    CT.. AKA Pimp Daddy
    #12 Stackhouse, Nov 28, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Here is a shot of the Murci's Plate... Believe it belongs to Aaron Mayor or some guy named Rob of Phoenix AZ
    Car came from Lambo of LV
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

13. LuisGT3

LuisGT3 Formula Junior

May 16, 2006
    Orono, MN
    Full Name:
    Luis

Thanks, Is that Robin Master's 308 you are driving around Magnum?

14. Stackhouse

Stackhouse F1 Rookie
    Consultant

Feb 14, 2004
    IN YOUR TRUNK
    Full Name:
    CT.. AKA Pimp Daddy
    lol no but thats his X-girlfriend in the passenger seat... ;)

15. DM1

DM1 Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 9, 2006
    Southwest
    Full Name:
    DM
    I didn't know FerrariChat has so many P I. Thanks for the info we didn't need.

16. joe@scottsdaleexoticcarcl

joe@scottsdaleexoticcarcl Formula Junior

May 1, 2006
    N. Scottsdale AZ
    Full Name:
    Joe
    Exactly! Man there are a bunch of geniuses here!

We've got Columbo, Banacek and Kojak all here! I feel honored to be in their presence!

17. DetroitDetomaso

DetroitDetomaso Formula Junior

Mar 6, 2006
    Las Vegas
    Full Name:
    Chris
    Based on what? Wow thats drama.

18. acstr

acstr Rookie

Sep 13, 2007
    Scottsdale, AZ
    I don't know why anyone would put a plate on here so someone else could possibly get in trouble?? It must be an AZ thing.. It wouldn't happen back in NY, but at least now I know why the witness protection program sent Sammy "the bull" Gravano and other rats to live in Tempe 10 years ago... The rats must be building a new nest here. Who does that?

19. joe@scottsdaleexoticcarcl

joe@scottsdaleexoticcarcl Formula Junior

May 1, 2006
    N. Scottsdale AZ
    Full Name:
    Joe
    I agree 100%, it's not an AZ thing though, it's just a hater thing.

20. mashoutposse

mashoutposse Formula Junior

Apr 1, 2005
    Agreed. Young guys with a $400k car and thoroughly enjoying it -- that's going to rub certain people the wrong way whether they were driving 70 or 170. Dumb move by the owner/driver giving people the ammo necessary to take them down.

21. Stackhouse

Stackhouse F1 Rookie
    Consultant

Feb 14, 2004
    IN YOUR TRUNK
    Full Name:
    CT.. AKA Pimp Daddy
    LMFAO... Google "Aaron Mayor".. and tell me why in gods name would anyone post vids showing themselves, the plate of their car and the top speed reached during a "lunch Run", or a jaunt through some neighborhood at 120mph... LMFAO... No Hating going on here.. what i showed was far less than they have been showing the world on youtube.

22. DM1

DM1 Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 9, 2006
    Southwest
    Full Name:
    DM

No???? But you sure are adding fuel to the fire from far away. "in your trunk"

23. Stackhouse

Stackhouse F1 Rookie
    Consultant

Feb 14, 2004
    IN YOUR TRUNK
    Full Name:
    CT.. AKA Pimp Daddy
    Hummm... nope... has nothing to do with their ability to afford the car and I'm not even going to comment on their ability to drive, that is apparent in the footage they have plastered across the internet.

As for "Adding Fuel To The Fire".... was it not you who brought this all to our attention?

Daddy always said... "Spouting Whale Gets The Harpoon"

24. jmlinmn

jmlinmn Formula Junior

Feb 5, 2007
    MN, AZ, FL
    As someone who occasionally winters in Scottsdale I love seeing all the exotics and being able to drive fun cars around myself. That being said, doing this kind of stuff in public is exceedingly stupid and incredibly dangerous and, as aforementioned, potentially lends itself to a crackdown on others who are not out to break the sound barrier, but simply to enjoy themselves.

25. Ingenere

Ingenere F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Dec 11, 2001
    On the Limit
    Full Name:
    Dino
    No comment! :)