So 50 Cent has a f40, f50, and an Enzo | Page 9 | FerrariChat

So 50 Cent has a f40, f50, and an Enzo

Discussion in '288GTO/F40/F50/Enzo/LaFerrari' started by egnahc, Nov 16, 2007.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. egnahc

egnahc Karting

Feb 5, 2007
    california
    I knew something was up with that!!! I mean he makes a decent amount... But he had like 2 mil worth of Mercedes which didn't seem right.

2. Sanj-

Sanj- Karting

Jul 1, 2007
    Vancouver
    bingo!!!

3. ApeGen

ApeGen Formula 3
    Owner

Jun 3, 2004
    Hong Kong
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    This might sound really idiotic to some of you, but what the hell..

50 lied about the ownership of the Fcars in the video, thats a fact. However, would it be for some more logical reasons? To protect his privacy?

With a background like his (growing up in the ghetto and being shot 9 times), i think its reasonable to be reluctant to disclose things that are too personal and could possibly lead to life-theratening situations.

As for showing his house, it should be far more comforting for him than showing his cars because there is more protection (depends on how much you want to spend on security); whereas, in a car you are much more vulnerable.

Just a really random thought...

4. paardekracht

paardekracht Rookie

Nov 3, 2005
    Yes investigating before drawing conclusions is always a smart things to do which is exactly what I've done just now:

http://www.thesmokinggun.com/mugshots/50centmug1.html

It seems the general concensus in this thread about the hip hop business and its 'artists' is well defined and accurate.

5. cove26

cove26 Formula 3

Nov 13, 2007
    CT
    Full Name:
    Mike
  6. cig1

cig1 F1 Rookie

May 3, 2005
    In front of you
    What you guys don't understand is, the whole gangster rap genre is based on fiction. The lyrics, lifestyle the TV shows all go hand in hand. Sometimes, it suckers people to into believing it's all real. Heck, when an apparently uneducated thug can have all the bling, the cars, the cribs, "the hoe's", it's almost seems as though it's redefining the American dream (at least in some demographics and reaching into others). With that demographic being the size that it is, the music and lifestyle is going to be marketed successfully. This in itself is what pisses off people with more traditional ideals (You). So you fight back by any means necessary to restore/strengthen those traditional values ... tell the world, those cars are NOT really 50's ... he doesn't deserve them ... he's a liar and a terrible person.

Get Over It !!!

$.02

ramble ... ramble ... ramble ... sorry if it's not cohesive

G

7. Clax

Clax Formula 3

Oct 3, 2002
    Come talk to me when your kids start emulating that behavior. Then we'll see who needs to "get over it".

8. cig1

cig1 F1 Rookie

May 3, 2005
    In front of you
    I already lost my only son to it

Get over it ... only meaning this thread.

G

9. Tipo815

Tipo815 F1 Rookie

Nov 1, 2003
    Newport Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    Jeffrey
    Well said ...

10. Pantera

Pantera F1 Rookie

Nov 6, 2004
    He rented all those. That man can barely afford to eat.

11. cove26

cove26 Formula 3

Nov 13, 2007
    CT
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Tune in tonight at 10:30 p.m. to see. And just remember in the words of the illustrious 50 cent, " I got a Ferrari F50 so when my friends say I have a F50 I can say me too!"

Mike

12. modena

modena F1 Rookie
    BANNED

May 14, 2006
    Full Name:
    John
    He can afford a hell of a lot more than you can.

13. 250californiafan

250californiafan Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 26, 2006
    Shawnee, KS
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    I watched the show last night, but what was wierd is that even though the F40 was in the background he never mentioned it or even got the camera close to it. Why did he pay to rent it and not even mention it? :rolleyes:

14. Rev.ATARI

Rev.ATARI Formula Junior

Sep 20, 2004
    Guam USA
    Full Name:
    Leland Jones
    Well considering his net worth is at minimum $130 million I would say you are incorrect

15. ClassicFerrari

ClassicFerrari F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jan 7, 2004
    Toronto
    Full Name:
    Vasco
    This thread just gets more interesting by the minute...

16. AntonioDestiny

AntonioDestiny Karting
    BANNED

Oct 5, 2005
    Full Name:
    Antonio
    You guy's are making a big deal out of nothing. Don't you have better thing's to do?

17. starboy444

starboy444 F1 Veteran

Oct 7, 2006
    Toronto, Canada
    Full Name:
    Lucas
    It sounds like a drive-by shooting is gonna happen sometime in this thread.........LOL

18. J21

J21 Rookie

Nov 30, 2007
    "50 is claiming these cars are his when they aren't..hes such a liar!"
    its very possible 50 mentioned the cars weren't his or alluded to it and MTV simply edited it out. MTV makes the final edit and decides what they air to make sure they portray what they want.

"50 cent acting like these cars are his is disrespect to the owner"
    not if thats what he agreed to with the owner if he did in fact rent them.

"Why would anyone act like cars belong to them when they don't"
    he actually could own the same models or be in the process of owning them.

19. rossocorsa13

rossocorsa13 F1 Rookie

Jun 10, 2006
    Nashville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    M
    Where it came from and what it produces is very real and upsetting.

I respect Curtis as a business man. He does what he does well and deserves his money. I do not, however, respect the glorification of the "thug" lifestyle and what it entails. It is debasing.

20. show time

show time Formula Junior

Jan 5, 2006
    Scottsdale AZ
    Full Name:
    Chris
    I can’t believe there are 11 pages of this like it’s something new.

There is an old interview with Robin Leach from Lifestyles of the Rich and Famous where he tells the interviewer that he’s checked the registrations in some of the cars when the cameras weren’t looking and yes they were rentals…this has been going on since the 1980’s folks; MTV and “Fiddy” are not the first to ever come up with the idea.

-Chris

21. show time

show time Formula Junior

Jan 5, 2006
    Scottsdale AZ
    Full Name:
    Chris
    Oh and I also wonder how many people here have ever asked a friend to borrow thier car to impress a girl they liked...shame, shame, on you... :)

22. 1ual777

1ual777 F1 Rookie

Mar 21, 2006
    Orange County, CA
    Who said he's worth $130M? If he lies about this, maybe he really isn't worth what they say he is.

23. cig1

cig1 F1 Rookie

May 3, 2005
    In front of you
    Does it really matter ?

G

24. texasmr2

texasmr2 Two Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Oct 22, 2007
    Houston
    Full Name:
    Gregg
    Kinda remind's me of a rap video that caught my attention from the car's in it. At the end the rapper was throwing wad's of cash in his 3-4yr old daughter lap as she sat in the driver's seat, they were ALL $1's LOL !!!

25. cpa ric

cpa ric Karting

Nov 25, 2006
    I wondered about the cars when I saw the episode. I was flicking through the channels just as they were starting to show the cars. When I saw the F50 and the F40, my first thought was, "Those cars aren't his." I know he could afford them, but I had a strange feeling about whether they were really his.

On another note, I saw a show that featured a MLB player with several cars. I know for a fact he owns them because a guy in the office across from me lives in his neighborhood, which is <1/4 mile from our office. Some of these celebs do own some nice vehicles.

Anyway, that just goes to show that MTV is about promoting falsehoods. There is so much rubbish on that channel. I don't watch it. The only reason I saw that particular show was the f-cars caught my attention. Otherwise, I would rather read threads on here.

Ric