Euro lenses on US Spec cars - thoughts? | FerrariChat

Euro lenses on US Spec cars - thoughts?

Discussion in '308/328' started by 76Steel, Nov 30, 2007.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. 76Steel

76Steel Formula 3

Sep 8, 2007
    New Jersey
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Hello everyone:

Interested in your thoughts on putting Euro amber/white front turn lenses on US cars that would normally have all amber lenses. Anyone did this? I know Dr. Tommy did & I might also. (Easy switch back in any case).

Think it gives a cool up-graded effect, but just wondering what you guys think. Not 100% sure yet.

Thanks!
    Mike / 76 Steel

2. climb

climb F1 Rookie

Sep 19, 2006
    Atlantic Beach Fl
    Full Name:
    Stuart K. Hicks
    Look better to me too. I'm planning on making the switch.

3. BigTex

BigTex Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    I think it's gay.....LOL!

Whatever floats your boat actually.........do you use an amber lamp or white???

Mainly just be sure to use the smaller bulb, an #1157 jammed in there will melt a hole in the lens....

Personally I try to keep my cars as original as possible, that's part of maintaining the Heritage.....although a neon underbody kit would get some attention......;)

4. BigTex

Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    Everybody send me you take offs....I shatter them all the time, power sliding the fire roads here........gravel goes everywhere!

5. 76Steel

76Steel Formula 3

Sep 8, 2007
    New Jersey
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Yeah, I know - the Heritage and I do have actually pretty strong feelings about that ... do not want to make my car into something that was never supposed to be. Don't know - I'll see. Could be just for fun, switch to amber anytime, easily.

I have all white bulbs. So far no melting problems, but the lense sthat are on my car are all original allllllllll the way from 76, ha.

6. BigTex

Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    I break about 2 a year.

The bulb in the smaller compartment is much smaller, just get the right card off the rack...Park/run is the description.......

7. Brian Harper

Brian Harper F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Feb 17, 2006
    San Jose area
    Full Name:
    Brian Harper
    I think it is cool. It is the way that the car was meant to be. Only goofy US laws made them change it. Going all clear/white as all the Fast and Furious Accords have out there would be wrong, though. I would really like the amber turn lights for the rear of my GT4. I think that all red has a certain appeal, but amber seems "correct."

8. BigTex

Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    The all clear ones were for one of the EU countries, don't recall which one.

One East Coast State has restrictions about how many white lamps can face forward, a friend was pulled over in a Shelby Mustang, when new, for using his grill lights together with his high beams....have no idea if this is still the case.

9. Ferraripilot

Ferraripilot F1 World Champ
    Owner Project Master

May 10, 2006
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    John!
    My car had the Euro light conversion done. I like the contrast much better.

10. rizzo308

rizzo308 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 12, 2004
    Perth, Australia
    Full Name:
    riggio
    #10 rizzo308, Nov 30, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  11. 76Steel

76Steel Formula 3

Sep 8, 2007
    New Jersey
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Yeah - thanks - great thoughts. If I had a Euro spoiler, I'd change it 100% ... well its not life or death issue, but always nice to think how you can improve little things for fun, looks, heritage, piss of your neighbor or well - because we like to, ha.

12. rizzo308

rizzo308 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 12, 2004
    Perth, Australia
    Full Name:
    riggio
    fitted new euro to my car last week something i've wanted to do for a long time chek out my avitar ........... i love it

13. M.James

M.James F1 Rookie

Jun 6, 2003
    Worcester, MA
    Full Name:
    Michael.C.James
    I have Euros on my car - my mechanic sold me the set for $70 a pair....I bought them under the illusion that the US Amber lenses were going for $300/pair, and thought it was better to have the more-expensive plastic off the car and in a safe place. I think the US Amber lenses are much cheaper now, but I prefer the look of the Euros so they're staying....

14. 308 GTB

308 GTB F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 7, 2002
    New Jersey
    Full Name:
    Barry Wolinsky
    #14 308 GTB, Nov 30, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    I'm pretty sure it was Italy. This picture appears in the 1975 308 GTB Factory brochure:
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

15. 76Steel

76Steel Formula 3

Sep 8, 2007
    New Jersey
    Full Name:
    Mike
    The ambers are available at T Rutlands and sell for $169 ... they are reproductions, though, but don't know might go for Euros. You can still get real original Euros. From what I heard most original ambers endednup on kit cars or just simply broke over the years.