BEWARE: "CarMansGarage.com" | FerrariChat

BEWARE: "CarMansGarage.com"

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by BritBlaster, Nov 30, 2007.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. BritBlaster

BritBlaster F1 Rookie

Jul 25, 2005
    Bellevue, WA
    Full Name:
    Paul
    I Purchased 2 pairs of Piloti's from this online retailer.
    Received 1 pair, and when I emailed "customer service" I was told that the other style I ordered was no longer made, and that a credit would be made to my paypal account which I used to pay. Well, no credit was ever made, and numerous emails/telephone calls have gone unanswered (apart from one with a promise to make the credit). PayPal aren't able to help, and since it's not a "credit card" there's no dispute resolution.
    I'm only out $80, so it's a principle thing.

So, "Caveat Emptor" out there folks!

2. texasmr2

texasmr2 Two Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Oct 22, 2007
    Houston
    Full Name:
    Gregg
    Since it was through PayPal they are obligated to credit your account then it is up to PayPal to workout the negative balance with the seller, I've had this happen to me aslo. Since PayPal is owned by eBay give their corporate office a call.

3. Oengus

Oengus F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed Silver Subscribed

Agreed
    go to your paypal account and file a claim........

4. RayJohns

RayJohns F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

May 21, 2006
    West Coast
    Full Name:
    Ray
    just open a dispute with paypal and escalate it to a claim. They will credit you the amount.

Ray

5. bls2219

bls2219 Rookie

Oct 3, 2007
    Boerne, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bill
    +1 It works.

6. 4REphotographer

4REphotographer F1 Veteran

Oct 22, 2006
    Arlington, VA
    Full Name:
    Chris
    That does work and I found out the hard way when someone said didn't want the item I sold them and they said it was broken. I still don't trust ebay or paypal.

7. f355spider

f355spider F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 29, 2001
    USA
    Thanks for the "heads up" Paul. I was actually thinking of ordering from them, will remove them from my "favorites" in IE. ;) Funny, often times, the only way to find out when a company has issues is when there is a problem with the order and how they handle it.

I may not be typical, but I bet around 5% of the time I have had issues with some sort of Internet or mail order purchase....but strangely enough, I have had perfect satisfaction with my Ebay purchases!

8. brokenarrow

brokenarrow F1 Rookie

Sep 25, 2006
    Txass
    Full Name:
    Bill
    Turds. You can kick some a$$ on paypal. Go get 'em. I'll never buy from them--thx.

9. BritBlaster

BritBlaster F1 Rookie

Jul 25, 2005
    Bellevue, WA
    Full Name:
    Paul
    Unfortunately, I gave them too much time to right their wrong -- more than 45 days -- and paypal won't process a claim after that time.

I've been buying stuff online since 1994 -- this is the first time I've been stiffed, so I guess I should consider myself lucky (esp since the amount is so low).

10. DM18

DM18 F1 Rookie

Apr 29, 2005
    Hong Kong
    45 days is a good Paypal deadline to know. I was unaware of it. Thanks