Which is Best Coast to coast transport | FerrariChat

Which is Best Coast to coast transport

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by scooter48, Nov 30, 2007.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. scooter48

scooter48 Karting

Apr 19, 2006
    Please advise the best Coast to Coast transport for your Exotics

2. TheOnlyest

TheOnlyest Formula 3

Sep 25, 2007
    Las Vegas Nevada, US
    Full Name:
    Steve
    not sure who the best is... but I can tell you DO NOT use Allen Auto Transport or Tonne (pronounced tony) Transport.

3. sanhonda

sanhonda Rookie

Oct 15, 2006
    Reliable auto transport picked up the car when I sold it. They were extra cautious. You can confirm with NSXRICK I think his name is.

4. J. Salmon

J. Salmon F1 Rookie
    Owner

Aug 27, 2005
    VA
    Horseless carriage. They are great.

5. Hubert888

Hubert888 F1 Veteran
    BANNED

May 14, 2003
    Manhattan & LA
    Full Name:
    Hubert
    i used intercity lines for 2 continental roundtrips for the 360TT, which is lower than an enzo.
    never encountered any problems with them. strictly professional and they know what they r doing

6. bushwhacker

bushwhacker In Memoriam

May 25, 2006
    Phoenix Az.
    Full Name:
    Dennis
    Try 'Exotic Car Transport', Just did a great "Enclosed" transport of one of my cars at a great price. The big yellow truck guys.

7. Nembo1777

Nembo1777 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 4, 2006
    opposite lock
    Full Name:
    Marc Sonnery
    Do NOT use VIP Transport: had a bad experience with them and they never even apologized. I am still angry and can't be bothered to go into details but basically they scraped my car and their attitude after that was zero. They never apologized and had to be proddded repeatedly for the insurance refund.

Marc

8. labcars

labcars Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 22, 2003
    Phila. + Scottsdale
    I've used Intercity Lines for years with great results. they just took a full truck load (six cars) out to our home in AZ from the east coast without a hitch and got there a day early. You can talk to the drivers when they're on the road.

9. E60 M5

E60 M5 Moderator
    Moderator Owner

Jan 2, 2006
    Wash DC area
    Full Name:
    Robert
    Passport/FedEx, by the way this is who Jerry Sienfeld uses exclusively for his Pcars. They are always early and the drivers are the best.

Robert

10. Island Time

Island Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 18, 2004
    E. TN
    Full Name:
    David
    Not to hijack...this may help op also...but..

What's a reasonable amount of time to give a Transporter to scheduale a pickup? I bought a 328 from a guy up north, and still no sign of a any schedueled pick-up (Horseless Caraige). It's been 2 weeks and they cannot seem to get it scheduled. Is this a normal time span? My first car shipment....

Thanks
    Dave

11. sezme

sezme Formula Junior

Oct 23, 2006
    NJ
    Full Name:
    sezme
    I will only use Intercity or Passport (owned by FedEx)

12. 285ferrari

285ferrari Two Time F1 World Champ
    Sponsor

Sep 11, 2004
    Southern Md
    Full Name:
    Robbie
    I transported both my Fcars with personal tarilers, but have heard great things about Intercity, Horseless Carriage and Passport..

13. spbogen

spbogen Karting
    Owner

Aug 23, 2007
    Charlotte, NC
    Full Name:
    Bob
    VIP (based in NC) did a decent job for me at a reasonable price. They did pick up a 2 days later than initially scheduled. Delivery was also sidetracked another day. The driver was good, though, and took nice care of the car. He even pulled an extra set of wheels out of the car and secured them separately so that the seats weren't damaged.

14. Rennphile

Rennphile Rookie

Nov 24, 2003
    Colorado
    I've used HC twice. First time was great, the second time was awful.

I've been impressed with Intercity Lines.

15. Napolis

Napolis Three Time F1 World Champ
    Honorary Owner

Oct 23, 2002
    Full Name:
    Jim Glickenhaus
    The person I use is Dave Poulson. From my Dusey to my P 3/4 and everything in between. He can move a car safetly anywhere in the US for a fair price.

440 838 1812

Mention my name.

16. modmaki

modmaki Formula 3

Sep 11, 2006
    Michigan,USA
    Full Name:
    Mo Makki
    i used blue hwy...from sfo-det..great service..and tracking...had the phone to the driver...i could call him anytime...MO

17. Pranucci

Pranucci Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 17, 2005
    Carpinteria, CA
    Intercity from CO to CA. Great equipment and knowledgeable drivers. To answer the question about scheduling, it does take some time to arrange pickup. I know we all think they have hundreds of semis circling the country but it's not quite that easy.I think mine took about 2 weeks. The seller kept e-mailing me about when they'd come get the car. Intercity will ask you where the best loading/unloading spot is and will be there waiting for you.

18. sccchiii

sccchiii Karting
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 29, 2005
    Full Name:
    Chris
    I also have used Reliable multiple times (Nsx and Ferrari) for coast to coast. They cannot be beat for accurate estimates on pickup and arrival. They are reasonable on cost and are super careful with your car.

19. bighitter2

bighitter2 Formula Junior

May 7, 2005
    virginia usa
    Full Name:
    chuck coli
    have used passport/fedex, intercity, and exotic transport( big yellow trucks) the drivers move from company to company and remember they are responsible for their own insurance and will do their best to NOT put a claim in..be cautious

20. SrfCity

SrfCity F1 World Champ

Unacceptable. I'd can 'em and call around some more. I've used them and was pleased but 2 weeks is nuts.

21. 2000YELLOW360

2000YELLOW360 F1 World Champ

Jun 5, 2001
    Full Name:
    Art
    I know some people who's had bad experiences with them. They refuse to pay for full damages if they screw up your car. I wouldn't use them.

Art

22. HOF Ferrari

HOF Ferrari Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 22, 2007
    Canton, Ohio
    Full Name:
    AFG
    Just used Intercity and they were great. Picked up on Long Island 3 days after car was ready, and delivered to Ohio the next evening. Talk to the drivers on the way by cell, delivered right to my doorstep...AWESOME SERVICE!!!!

23. turbos7903

turbos7903 F1 Rookie

Mar 16, 2006
    delaware
    Full Name:
    jon walton
    your delay in transporting a car currently is due to the time of year. Between the holidays up coming and then the Barrett Jackson and Russo Steele Auction in January your lucky to get a transport to schedule anything until February. I just received a car from Colorado to Delaware last Sunday. I used Intercity lines. They were one day later than planned but I was able to talk to the driver throughout the five day journey and realized the delay days in advance. They covered the car while inside the transport. Not a scratch and the driver was courteous. Good Luck Jon in Delaware