275 GTB4 market ... | FerrariChat

275 GTB4 market ...

Discussion in 'Vintage Ferrari Market' started by WCH, Dec 4, 2007.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. WCH

WCH F1 Veteran
    Owner

Mar 16, 2003
    seems to have achieved low earth orbit.

2. DM18

DM18 F1 Rookie

Apr 29, 2005
    Hong Kong
    very interested for our Fchat experts to provide informed opinions on this bellweather

Full disclosure: I waited too long, watched prices sky rocket and have been hoping against hope to get an entry somehow someday :):):)

3. BigTex

BigTex Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    DM18 there was a blue raced prepped on in the UK for sale, pricey but the engine was solid from the ground up....long club racing history.....

Then also, I ran across a red lightweight six carb example in Phoenix shaking down at Firebird raceway for Pebble Beach, the owner was very nice and also had a yellow 250LM...........the outside fuel cap, aluminum body was a special car.

Like the yellow 275GTB aluminum one Enzo 'cheated' into Lemans, as a street car!

4. BigTex

Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    Hall & Bradfield? something like that, on the UK car, I dunno if it is still there, I had it bookmarked for a long time, just to gaze at it.....

5. BigTex

Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    low earth orbit = just out of reach!!! LOL!

6. DM18

DM18 F1 Rookie

Apr 29, 2005
    Hong Kong
    LOL too but still painful!

7. BigTex

Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    Out of MY reach but not YOURS, brudda!

I need to scan those pics from Firebird Raceway, those guys had a quiver of cars that was unreal!

I was jus' slinking my way back to Houston from Mario's winery in Sonoma, with Lady Valeria in the copilot's seat.....

275GTB alumiunum red
    250LM yellow
    real Cobra Daytona
    lister Jaguar
    Lotus F1 Jim Clark livery
    some kind of Maserati sports racer late 50s

It was quite the fun time sitting under tent with them, watching that stuff rolll out and in.

the 250LM was in the gravel trap four times as they changed rear sway bars.....LOL!

8. Doody

Doody F1 Veteran

Nov 16, 2001
    MA USA
    Full Name:
    Mr. Doody
    in 2002 or so i came close to buying one in the mid 200s (not concours stuff) and thought that was insane.

live and learn!

doody

9. amenasce

amenasce Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 17, 2001
    Full Name:
    Joe Mansion
    I remember back in 2001, my dad and i were at Classic Motors in NY , they had a gorgeous red/tan 275 GTB/4 for $350k. We loved it but thought it was too much ...

I still kick myself for not having pushed him to get it. It was just beautiful .

10. WCH

WCH F1 Veteran
    Owner

Mar 16, 2003
    2001? 2002? Don't think you need to go back that far, probably should have bought in at 2006 prices.

Is my F40 worth $1 million US yet? It's one of the desirable red examples ....

11. Hoodude

Hoodude F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

May 5, 2007
    North Carolina
    Full Name:
    RE
    I was talking to a Mr.Levy who lived in the DC area and he wanted 8,000 for his 275gtb/4...I had seen it in a garage right down the steet from Clyde's...it was silver over red... I didn't do much more than drool/dream/talk...it was a'66,I think...wonder where it is now...I sold that GulfOil stock a long time ago,tho,that I know

12. ferraridigest

ferraridigest Karting

Jun 27, 2007
    NYC
    Full Name:
    Tony G
    you could have bought walmart for a split-adjusted price of 5 cents! now about 980x your money (not incl div.s)!
    or....

8000 to $7.7M kind of like buying a gto!

cheers!

13. tomberlin

tomberlin Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 9, 2005
    Bethesda
    Full Name:
    tom berlin
    John Levy, now at Shelton's. He had more than a few such cars I didn't have either the forsight or money to buy.
    Tom