what's in your autograph/memorabilia collection? | FerrariChat

what's in your autograph/memorabilia collection?

Discussion in 'Sports' started by rollsorferrari?, Dec 2, 2007.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. rollsorferrari?

rollsorferrari? F1 Veteran

Jun 5, 2006
    St. Louis
    Full Name:
    Scott
    just curious, i'll get some pics up when i get back home from school in a little under 2 weeks, but some of my favorite items are:
    game used roy hughes bat
    autographed ozzie smith ball
    brett hull, jim campbell, bernie federko pucks
    tony larussa signed copy of "3 nights in august"
    as well as a few others, so, what do you guys have?

2. BMW.SauberF1Team

BMW.SauberF1Team F1 World Champ

Dec 4, 2004
    Autographed MJ photo
    Autographed Penny Hardaway black Orlando Magic game issued (though not worn) jersey. Game issued meaning it was made available for the game. The jersey is long as hell, lol. It's like a dress for women.

If anyone has or knows of a white Orlando Magic Shaq game issued jersey autographed, I want to buy it! :)

3. Miltonian

Miltonian F1 Veteran

Dec 11, 2002
    Milton, Wash.
    Full Name:
    Jeff B.
    I have two autographs: Mark Donohue and Dan Gurney.

4. WJHMH

WJHMH Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 5, 2001
    Panther City, Texas
    Full Name:
    WJHMH
    Animation cell circa 1940 of the first Bugs Bunny / Elmer Fudd cartoon by Leon Schlesinger.

5. Mike J

Mike J Formula Junior

May 10, 2005
    Ship Bottom, NJ
    Full Name:
    Michael
    Zora Duntov
    Richard Nixon
    Larry Shinoda
    Tom Seaver
    Roger Staubach
    Ed Kranepool
    Anthony Perkins
    Paul Newman

6. Whisky

Whisky Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 27, 2006
    Upper Great Plains
    Full Name:
    The original Fernando
    Of all the major figures I have been around, and photographed, the only autograph I bothered to ask for was Nelson Piquet's in about 1983.

I've sat and talked with a ton of folks, but just didn't think asking for an autograph after the conversation, and I have talked to just about
    every figure there was in the 80's.
    Miltonion named Donohue - never thought to ask him, but he gave me rides home from the racetrack circa 1971-72.
    Donohue and Gurney would be at the top of my list.

7. bernardo66

bernardo66 The Crazy Cat Man
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 14, 2003
    Montreal Canada
    Full Name:
    Bernie
    Jean Beliveau and Guy Lafleur from the Montreal Canadians,
    Felippe Massa - when he was racing with Sauber,
    and one from Schumy, personally addressed to me.

Also, years back, I had Alice Cooper sign my arm. ;)

8. sparta49

sparta49 F1 Veteran
    Owner

Mar 3, 2001
    LA
    Full Name:
    Frank
    Enzo Ferrari, Marilyn Monroe, Hugh Hefner, Harrison Ford, Anthony Daiels, Mark Hammil, Kenny Baker, James Earl Jones, Carrie Fisher, Jeremy Bullock, David Prowse, Peter Mayhew, Alec Guinness, 2 page hand written letter to my by Bo Schembeckler.

9. JayO

JayO Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 4, 2003
    Boston, MA
    Full Name:
    Jay
    #9 JayO, Dec 2, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  10. sparta49

sparta49 F1 Veteran
    Owner

Mar 3, 2001
    LA
    Full Name:
    Frank
    I forgot my third most prized on my Joe Montana autographed 49ers Jersey

11. 1ual777

1ual777 F1 Rookie

Mar 21, 2006
    Orange County, CA
    I collect NFL and MLB jersey's and the total count run's around 90 so far. Included are: Mantle, T. Williams, W. Spahn, W. Ford, D. Dean, S. Musual, Montana, Butkus, Marino, E. Cambel, Unitus, Star, Dawson, Plunket, B. Davidson, 1972 Dolphins with 45 signatures, etc. etc.

12. rollsorferrari?

Jun 5, 2006
    St. Louis
    Full Name:
    Scott
    just out of curiosity, who are you missing on the dolphins jersey? that'd definitely be a collectors piece, and worth quite a good chunk of change. personally, i feel an autograph has no meaning unless you get it signed yourself, however, i've been looking for some mantle/dimaggio/other old time ballplayers autographs, which obviously i'll have to buy in a lot of cases. the one thing that i've been seriously shopping for is an autographed 1980 us olympic hockey team item, i just haven't found the right thing for the right price yet.

13. REMIX

REMIX Two Time F1 World Champ

I have:

Dwight Gooden (autograph)
    Steve Busby (autograph on baseball)
    Michael Jordan (autograph)
    Ernest Givens (autograph)
    Robert F. Kennedy (autograph)

That's it nothing fancy.

RMX

14. Gilles27

Gilles27 F1 World Champ

Mar 16, 2002
    Ex-Urbia
    Full Name:
    Jack
    #14 Gilles27, Dec 3, 2007
    I had started collecting F1 Champion sigs, but I've unloaded some over the years. Still have my signed Enzo letter, a signed Michael Jordan jersey, a DiMaggio litho signed as well as one of those Havana GP repros signed by Fangio. '96 Monaco GP poster signed by Schumi, Hill, Villeneuve, Hakkinen.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

15. 1ual777

1ual777 F1 Rookie

Mar 21, 2006
    Orange County, CA
    1) I will pass this word of advise along that someone told me when I first wanted to collect sports memorabillia. "Do not waste time with the pieces that are not classics." By that he ment buy pieces of Ruth, Mantle, DiMaggio, etc. He told me 7 years ago to buy signed Ruth baseballs; I did not listen. Then they were going for about $4K-5K; today they are in the $20-$50K range. He said those individuals will always be in demand. Five years ago, I bought a UDA Mantle jersey, LE low number; paid $3K for it and I thought that was alot of change then. Today I saw one that is going for $15.5K with a higher humber of the LE edition; should have bought a couple back then.
    2) I will pull out the Dolphin jersey and see who is missing. It is also a LE and if I remember right 250 were prodeuced and signed by the surviving team members at Shula's Steak House to commemorate the 25th anniversary of the perfect 17-0 season. Shortly after the signing, a couple of members passed and so the numbers of team members has decreased. Not to be selfish, but that is why every year I root for no undefeated teams in the NFL so this will only increase in value. Authenticated by Mounted Memories.
    3) If you get personally get a signature, take a photo or photo's of the athlete signing to validate it; then send it to PSA/DNA in Newport Beach to verify. Of course the more expensive and best way is to have buy one authenticated by some of the reputable firms around.

16. Nate Johnson

Nate Johnson Formula Junior

Nov 7, 2006
    USA
    Joe Montana,
    Michael Schumacher,
    Phil Hill,
    Steve Owens,
    Billy Vessels,
    Charles Thompson,
    Barry Switzer,
    Tom Osborne,
    James Irwin and
    Ben Stein.

17. Whisky

Whisky Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 27, 2006
    Upper Great Plains
    Full Name:
    The original Fernando
    I'm looking for an original California Golden Seals jersey, circa 1971-2-3.......

I do have a ton of t-shirts I have acquired from events I have covered, none of which have ever been worn.
    All are in plastic bags.

EBay here I come...... if I don't, wife will give all to Goodwill after I die....

18. tatcat

tatcat F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Sep 3, 2001
    panama city beach FL
    Full Name:
    rick c
    i have a brazilian flag that i get brazilian drivers to sign. i've got quite a few, but alas, not senna and a signed photo of lorenzo bandini.

19. LightGuy

LightGuy Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 4, 2004
    Texas
    Full Name:
    David
    I did some lighting work for Troy Aikman.
    As a favor he signed a football for/to my son Michael on his 13th birthday.

20. JayO

JayO Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 4, 2003
    Boston, MA
    Full Name:
    Jay

Check out www.gameworn.net/cgi-bin/GW/ultimatebb.cgi. If you are going to find a Seals jersey, this is the place to look. Good luck.

21. rollsorferrari?

Jun 5, 2006
    St. Louis
    Full Name:
    Scott
    that site is awesome! i forgot to mention i also have full sets of baseball cards buried in my closet somewhere, i know i've got a ken griffey jr card in there, barry bonds rookie, etc. when i get home i'll dig through them and see what all i have, unfortunately it's been years since i've followed the sports card market though.

22. idloveaguinness

idloveaguinness Formula Junior

Nov 3, 2003
    LI NY
    Full Name:
    Kevin Landry
    Wow, great stuff there. I've got an old 'generic' Bruins jersey with autographs from Bourque, Park, Moog, O'Rielly, Miller, Millbury, Cheever, Hodge and others. I played with some of their sons back in the 70's and early 80's, and a few went to my HS. Gotta love those 'Big Bad Bruins' from back in the day. Brad Park owned a Pizza place in my town and would be there every now and then tossing dough and signing pizza boxes.....

23. rollsorferrari?

Jun 5, 2006
    St. Louis
    Full Name:
    Scott
    bump. a couple of weeks back, i went to the cardinals winter warmup, got glenn brummer (the guy that stole home in the 82 nlcs) mike shannon, alan benes, and a few others, i will finally get pics up within the next day or two. if i decide to not be so lazy, :)

24. jwtfjwtf

jwtfjwtf Karting

Oct 9, 2006
    Temecula, CA
    Full Name:
    Joshua Ferguson
    #24 jwtfjwtf, Feb 18, 2008
  25. ferraripanoz

ferraripanoz Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 24, 2004
    Full Name:
    Mark
    Nice collection! What is the thing next to the Ballparks book?