2001 360 Spyder! | FerrariChat

2001 360 Spyder!

Discussion in '360/430' started by SDChris, Dec 6, 2007.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. SDChris

SDChris Formula 3

Mar 8, 2006
    Sioux Falls, SD
    Full Name:
    Chris
    #1 SDChris, Dec 6, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    One Owner
    All Service Records Since new
    Car, Seat and streeing covers
    All Books
    All Tools
    All Keys
    Belt Service Complete (Sept. 06 less then 100 miles ago)
    Power Daytona Seats
    Tubi Exhaust
    Rear Challenge Grills
    Scuderia Shields
    Hi-Fi with Subwoofer
    6 Disc CD Changer
    Financing Available
    Ext Service Contract Available

Premier Motorcars of Sioux Falls
    866-575-7146
    www.premier-motorcars.com
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. tmaxxgod4

tmaxxgod4 Formula 3

May 4, 2007
    Anaheim ca
    Full Name:
    Danny T Evans
    whats the price?

3. SDChris

SDChris Formula 3

Mar 8, 2006
    Sioux Falls, SD
    Full Name:
    Chris
    $159,988

4. Senna1994

Senna1994 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 11, 2003
    Orange County
    Full Name:
    Anthony T
    Chris no offense but your about $15 grand too high on that car in todays market. Unless you have under a 1000 miles, this is a 7 year old car, 03's are listed for $140ish ...

5. Shumdit

Shumdit Formula Junior

May 9, 2006
    Greenville, SC
    Full Name:
    Matthew B.

I think someone has pointed this out to him before when he was asking a little more, but his point was this was a one owner, all docs car with the right options. To some this might make it worth a little extra. For me, it's hard to see paying it, since I have seen some nice 01 and 02's (and even a few 03's) with similar miles for 130-140K as you mentioned. Sure, they may be two or even three owner cars and may need a belt service in some cases (most seem to have the needed services done other than the belt service in most every case, and not all actually need the belt service yet, but will need one in less than a year. I have to admit I would likely be all over this car at $130-135, but in the current season and market, it's just not as attractive (to me) at the current asking price. I think he may have to sit on this one at his asking price until spring unless he finds a buyer looking for exactly what he has or one who has not been doing a lot of searching. I see 04 and 05 cars still asking over $200K, but I doubt they are finding homes at that price.
    Can't deny that it is a great looking car though!

6. SDChris

SDChris Formula 3

Mar 8, 2006
    Sioux Falls, SD
    Full Name:
    Chris
    Tony Thank you! Yes you are right there are plenty of cars with starting bids on Ebay in this range of $135-140k! But on Ebay those are not what they are being offered for, just what the bidding is starting at. Here is one example right here on Fchat for a MY01 spyder in the $135k price range...

No tools, or records, (I do have the confirmation from the original point of sale, that services are up to date). Seller bought a set of blank books for the car in the beginning of his quest to have the dealer certify mx status.
    Drivers bolster has the usual wear- (has anyone ever just replaced the bolster?)
    Needs rear tires, (seller is providing two new ones).
    To me, the brakes look skinny, we'll know today.
    On the highway, I notice a substatial air leak in between the convertible top, and the passenger window- is this normal for a 360 spider?
    No factory cover, seat covers or steering wheel cover.
    No spare tire or fill bottle.

My Car has all books, records, service, no seat ware, Brakes ware done, new Bridgestone tires, no air leak in the top, all keys, has the car, seat and steering cover. has the spare tire fill bottle. For the price diffrence buying a full car with no question, from a Fchat sponsor..is worth it to me!

These 2 cars are not even in the same class, one might have PPI done that gives it a clean bill, but with everything missing and all the questions, and the out of market low price, you as the owner would always have questions and a bill coming from out of your pocket.

Here are some comparable cars from Dupont Registry:

http://www.dupontregistry.com/autos/Search/DRauSearchDetails.aspx?itemid=389544 $169,500

http://www.dupontregistry.com/autos/Search/DRauSearchDetails.aspx?itemid=373769 $169,500

http://www.dupontregistry.com/autos/Search/DRauSearchDetails.aspx?itemid=321481 $169,500

http://www.dupontregistry.com/autos/Search/DRauSearchDetails.aspx?itemid=424186 $168,995

http://www.dupontregistry.com/autos/Search/DRauSearchDetails.aspx?itemid=440612 $167,995

http://www.dupontregistry.com/autos/Search/DRauSearchDetails.aspx?itemid=287008 $164,950

http://www.dupontregistry.com/autos/Search/DRauSearchResults.aspx?sorttype=1&makeid=31&makename=Ferrari&modelid=12&modelname=360&fromyear=2001&toyear=2001

http://www.cars.com/go/search/search_results.jsp?ct=48&tracktype=usedcc&searchType=22&cid=&dlid=&dgid=&amid=&cname=&rd=&ddrd=30&zc=57105&makeid=51&modelid=4196&pageNumber=0&numResultsPerPage=50&largeNumResultsPerPage=0&sortorder=descending&sortfield=PRICE+descending&certifiedOnly=false&criteria=K-%7CE-%7CM-_51_%7CH-%7CD-_4196_%7CN-N%7CR-10000%7CI-1%7CP-PRICE+descending%7CQ-descending%7CY-_2001_%7CX-popular%7CZ-57105&aff=national&aff=national

So while bidding is starting low on Ebay, the cars are offered for more...

7. 348 Turbo

348 Turbo Formula 3

Jul 17, 2002

So, I'd guess to some, the missing documentation, (can be certified byt the dealer-$0) a missing tool kit, ($500) adjust the top (paid for by the seller at time of PPI- $0), (brakes- $650?) Covers (I don't need them but maybe $1000?). I'd guess the PPI would give me the piece of mind I need, (maybe not for everyone though), is worth the difference. So at the end of the day, the cars are about $2k apart?

Sorry, I certainly intend no disrespect, but I've got to disagree. The price seems a little high. Nice looking car.

8. SDChris

SDChris Formula 3

Mar 8, 2006
    Sioux Falls, SD
    Full Name:
    Chris
    No disrespect, to you or the car you are looking at! I posted 6 cars, and links to over 20 that are in the $160's or more....These are not Chevy's here, and history and how the car was maintained is very imporant!

PPI's can give you peice of mind, but ask your self this..with links posted above, why would a dealer not have bought this knowing that they could market the car for almost $25k more and still come out at $15k ahead? Maybe there are more questions that dealers and broker have..this is below MMR, the dealer that is selling you this car can get more at the Manheim auction!

MMR as of today: (Auction Value, what a dealer would pay at the sale), These number are what dealers use to buy car.

2001 Ferrari 360 Spyder:

Above (clean top of the line): $157,000 Est. Retail $170,000

Average: $145,000 Est. Retail $157,000

Below: $133,000 Est. Retail $145,000

Average auction miles: 10,470

So they could sell for more at the sale!!!!

Though 2 cars may be the same year, have similar options may even be the same color...but the pertigree of the 2 cars are vastly different! Missing parts, books, leaking roof, all these add up to questions for me..and as a dealer and Fcaht sponsor I mayself would have passed this car by because of the issues listed....But thats because everything I do is in the public eye with these cars and I just could not risk it!

9. 348 Turbo

348 Turbo Formula 3

Jul 17, 2002
    I've a long proven track record of supporting F-Chat sponsors. As a long time F-chatter, I appreciate your service. I see my subscription has expired, I intent to renew it, likely today.
    All your points are well taken, and I wish you the best of luck in your sales. I hope you don't take any of our comments as personal attacks, I don't think they're meant to be. Maybe I'm in the minority on the price, you're the professional...

10. SDChris

SDChris Formula 3

Mar 8, 2006
    Sioux Falls, SD
    Full Name:
    Chris
    None taken, it's all good!!

I just get confused where guys are buying these cars for so cheap! Well i guess I do see the deals out there, but as Thalist memeber and a Manheim member, most times these cars have been offered to us dealers many months before they hit ebay or the market..and for some reason or another we all ahve passed them up...

11. SDChris

SDChris Formula 3

Mar 8, 2006
    Sioux Falls, SD
    Full Name:
    Chris
    Sooo..I wanted to also add that is beginning to look like the best value and most complete car on the market! Priced at $159,988 almost $10,000 under the other cras I posted up above!

I have to make room for 2008..so it's time to find this car a happy new home!!! I am open to offer..lol..so lets make a new happy onwer here at Fchat!~

12. tmaxxgod4

tmaxxgod4 Formula 3

May 4, 2007
    Anaheim ca
    Full Name:
    Danny T Evans
    what are the miles?

13. SDChris

SDChris Formula 3

Mar 8, 2006
    Sioux Falls, SD
    Full Name:
    Chris
  14. SDChris

SDChris Formula 3

Mar 8, 2006
    Sioux Falls, SD
    Full Name:
    Chris
    #14 SDChris, Dec 9, 2007
  15. Senna1994

Senna1994 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 11, 2003
    Orange County
    Full Name:
    Anthony T
    Chris, that is one of the cleanest, perfectly optioned 360 Spiders.

16. SDChris

SDChris Formula 3

Mar 8, 2006
    Sioux Falls, SD
    Full Name:
    Chris
    Thank you!

17. joef

joef Karting

Sep 21, 2006
    CT
    Full Name:
    Joe Ferrigno
    Chris, your price is right on. I just sold mine last week same year little less miles and a few more option for 160k. When I posted here on fchat I got 3 pages guys telling me I priced my car out to high and thats not the way to sell a car and a bunch of bs. Good luck with your sale.

18. titanium360

titanium360 F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Nov 10, 2003
    joe was your car sold thru your local ferrari dealership?

19. joef

joef Karting

Sep 21, 2006
    CT
    Full Name:
    Joe Ferrigno
    No, Ebay.

20. SDChris

SDChris Formula 3

Mar 8, 2006
    Sioux Falls, SD
    Full Name:
    Chris
    Thank you, you are right..and I have a deal pending right now on this car! Pedigree is 100% if you have the right car, with right history!

21. titanium360

titanium360 F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Nov 10, 2003
    you hit the jackpot with that sale, fantastic

22. bigme

bigme Karting

Nov 24, 2006
    Illinois
    I think the market has shifted(like real estate).

Right now I can pick up a Mint, 1 owner 2003 360 spyder manual, 8800 miles, full belt service done(at time of pick up), full One Year Ferrari CUBE warranty till January 2009, well optioned(red\tan - electric daytonas, red inserts, Rear Challenge Grill
    Scuderia Shields). PPI found minor issues which will be addressed during belt service. price - $158K. Deals are out there for sure and it is a buyers market!

Like real estate, If you want to sell quickly, lower the price. I think your 2001 would start to attract buyers at $138K-$144K with most recent belt service.

23. SDChris

SDChris Formula 3

Mar 8, 2006
    Sioux Falls, SD
    Full Name:
    Chris
    #23 SDChris, Dec 18, 2007