Post your favorite quotes. | Page 4 | FerrariChat

Post your favorite quotes.

Discussion in 'Other Off Topic Forum' started by gentry, Aug 4, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. EndymionMKII

EndymionMKII Formula Junior

Aug 14, 2004
    Omaha
    Full Name:
    James
    Few of mine.

"Fear the man with nothing to lose. For he is your most dangerous advasary" (don't know who said it but, its one I refer to alot).

"Blame yourself...or God" (again don't know where I heard).

"He who dares wins."

2. judge4re

judge4re F1 World Champ

Apr 26, 2003
    Never home
    Full Name:
    Dr. Dumb Ass

Bwwwaaaahhhhhaaaahhhaaahaaahaaaahaaahaaaahaaa.

Breathe.

Breathe.

Breathe.

Breathe.

Breathe.

Breathe.

3. UroTrash

UroTrash Three Time F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner

Jan 20, 2004
    Purgatory
    Full Name:
    Clifford Gunboat
    Nobody in the game of football should be called a genius.

A genius is somebody like Norman Einstein.

Joe Theismann, Former quarterback

Oh, and can someone add that pic of the gay parade to this quote:

How beautiful maleness is, if it finds its right expression.

D. H. Lawrence

4. AntonyR

AntonyR F1 Veteran

Apr 12, 2004
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Antony
    "work like a slave to eat like a king"

one of our artist said this and i like it but only apples to a certain type of person. Im more work smart but you get theidea

5. idloveaguinness

idloveaguinness Formula Junior

Nov 3, 2003
    LI NY
    Full Name:
    Kevin Landry
    Fred (as in Mr.) Rogers (on the occasion of a birthday):

"Not only are you the age you are today, but you're all the ages you've ever been"

6. jorge.rios

jorge.rios F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 2, 2006
    Monterrey
    Full Name:
    Jorge
    "An eye for eye only ends up making the whole world blind"
    "Imagination is more important than knowledge"
    "Obstacles are those frightful things you see when you take your eyes off the goal"
    "Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

7. sduke

sduke Formula Junior

Mar 10, 2003
    The Hub City, Texas
    Full Name:
    Steven D
    Work when somebody's watching
    Love like you need the money
    Dance like it's going to hurt

8. Wade

Wade Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner

Mar 31, 2006
    East Central, FL
    Full Name:
    Wade O.
    "There’s no point in being prejudice, it only limits your opportunities." My Mom, when I was a kid.

9. tatcat

tatcat F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Sep 3, 2001
    panama city beach FL
    Full Name:
    rick c
    perserverance furthers
    you've accomplished nothing when you've bested a fool
    what'sa behind me is no importante
    last but not least is a quote a friend of ,who is a mailman, gave to a local paper when recounting a dog biting incident; "it bled all day"

10. Zahiba

Zahiba Formula 3

Mar 29, 2005
    Victoria, Canada
    Full Name:
    Malcolm
    Noting that quote was plural, here are a bunch I've accumulated over the years. Admittedly some of them are not quotes, more.. knowledge and wisdom I like. Some humor in there too. Take a look:

H(N)ope it's not too long. :p

--------------------

"Play it sometime. Crank it all the way up on one of those huge obsolete wire-burning MacIntosh amps and 80 custom-built speakers. Then stand back somewhere on the mainbeams of a big log house and feel the music come up through your femurs...ho, ho...and after that you can always say, for sure, that you once knew what it was like to hear men play rock 'n' roll music."

LSD and a stick do not make you a druid.

Before we can ever hope to make peace on earth (and beyond), surely we must make peace with ourselves.

The moon and stars look beautiful, but if any of us tried to live on them, we would be miserable.

http://www.erowid.org/experiences/exp.php?ID=58205

"the mitary seems to like yellin over dic all"

When the patient "cannot change the unbearable situation of himself any longer, he has to change reality"

You have to trade your sanity for enlightenment.

Ignorance is bliss, conversely..... Knowledge is a *****.

Anyway, I'm sort of glad they've got the atomic bomb invented. If there's ever another war, I'm going to sit right the hell on top of it. I'll volunteer for it, I swear to God I will.

That's all the gusta you can musta? I said, "Good morning!"

What's a ****-ass?

Most overused phrase? ****, I dunno .. people saying that you need to conform and such to get places in life

http://www.erowid.org/experiences/exp.php?ID=61093

One day Alice came to a fork in the road and saw a Cheshire cat in a tree. "Which road do I take?" she asked. "Where do you want to go?" was his response. "I don't know," Alice answered. "Then," said the cat, "it doesn't matter."

When it is dark enough,
    you can see the stars.

"If you doubt your powers, you give power to your doubts."

"There are many paths up the mountain, but all who reach the top see the same moon."

"The paradox of our time in history is that we have taller buildings, but shorter tempers ; wider freeways, but narrower viewpoints; we spend more, but have less; we buy more, but enjoy it less. We have bigger houses and smaller families;more conveniences but less time; we have more degrees, but less sense; more knowledge, but less judgment; more experts, but more problems; more medicine, but less wellness. we have multiplied our possessions, but reduced our values. We talk too much, love too seldom, and hate too often. We've learned how to make a living but not a life; we've added years to life, but not life to years. We have been all the way to the moon and back, yet we have trouble crossing the street to meet the new neigbor. We've conquered outer space, but not inner space; we've cleaned up the air, but polluted the soul; we've split atoms, but not our prejudices. We have higher incomes but lower morals; we've become long on qauntity, and run low on qaulity. These are the times of tall men, and short character; steep profits, and shallow relationships. These are the times of world peace, but domestic warfare; more leisure, but less fun; more kinds of food, but less nutrition."

"We don't know 1/10 of 1% about nothing."

"You dont have to pick through cow **** to get acid... however,you'll probably have to go through some bull ****..."

" Never forget that everything Hitler did in Germany was legal. "

" Many more people in the world are concerned about sports than human rights."

"Problems cannot be solved at the same level of awareness that created them."

"Strike against war, for without you no battles can be fought! Strike against manufacturing shrapnel and gas bombs and all other tools of murder! Strike against preparedness that means death and misery to millions of human beings! Be not dumb, obedient slaves in an army of destruction! Be heroes in an army of construction."

"The opinion of 10,000 men is of no value if none of them know anything about the subject."

Everything is Nothing, Nothing is Everything

any light will cast a shadow

Never tell people how to do things. Tell them what to do and they will surprise you with their ingenuity.

I saw the best minds of my generation running on empty. super-glued to the T.V. Dreaming of prosperity. Talking incessantly. Saying nothing.

The man who follows the crowd will usually get no further than the crowd. The man who walks alone is likely to find himself in places no one has ever been.

YOU ARE AN AMAZING PERSON. Believe in YOURSELF and all you WANT to be. LAUGH as much as possible. Let in the GOOD times and get through the bad. Be happy with who you are and WHERE you are. You are in the RIGHT place and your heart is leading you on the way to a great TOMORROW. The longer you practice the habit of working towards your DREAMS, the easier the journey will become. You were meant for GREAT things. Learn as much as POSSIBLE... and always follow your DREAMS.

Cool is all about self confidence, high self esteem, and being intelligent, funny, and different, Nobody can sell you that

"Because of an out of body experience, which not only took me out of my body, but out of the room, and the physical plane, and took me to a place where all the answers are; A place in which one can understand everything about everything. (Eventhough one cant explain it with words, this experience changes you). And it did me, helping me realize that life is so beautiful and perfect, that choosing to not be in it disrupts the balance of things (The Machine)."

Daydream delusion, limousine eyelash
    Oh baby with your pretty face
    Drop a tear in my wineglass
    Look at those big eyes
    See what you mean to me
    Sweet-cakes and milkshakes
    I'm a delusion angel
    I'm a fantasy parade
    I want you to know what I think
    Don't want you to guess anymore
    You have no idea where I came from
    We have no idea where we're going
    Lodged in life
    Like branches in a river
    Flowing downstream
    Caught in the current
    I carry you
    You'll carry me
    That's how it could be
    Don't you know me?
    Don't you know me by now?

- Written by a street poet in Richard Linklater's "Before Sunrise"

"I think once you hit your teens, you spend the next 20 years trying to kill yourself," says Welsh. "And then when you turn 40 and realize you didn't die, it's like, 'Oh, no, what do I do now? Guess I'd better start taking care of myself.'"

'Welsh smoothly demonstrates his belief in the liberating power of dance culture. Most interestingly, he avoids the easy route of claiming utopia. If drugs can liberate you, then they can as easily ruin you.'

"had been brought about by a fraction of a gram of a white solid, but that in no way whatsoever could it be argued that these memories had been contained within the white solid... I understood that our entire universe is contained in the mind and the spirit. We may choose not to find access to it, we may even deny its existence, but it is indeed there inside us, and there are chemicals that can catalyze its availability."

People lost their virginity to this music, got high for the first time to this music. I've had people say kids died in Vietnam listening to this music, other people say they know someone who didn't commit suicide because of this music…. On stage, when we played these songs, they felt mysterious and magic. That's not for rent.

<DreadS> wow
    <DreadS> evl - are you shrooming ?
    <evl> dude
    <evl> i wish
    <evl> that way i could goto bed comforted
    <DreadS> E ?
    <evl> knowing there wasnt a goddamned vampire
    <evl> flyin around my house

“When I originally decided to become a drug addict, it was a clear decision. I was very sad, and I was always happy when I was on drugs; therefore, I should be on drugs all the time. I was never guilty — I was always really proud to be an addict.”
    Do only that which is right

"I hate to advocate weird chemicals, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone … but they've always worked for me."

Late? I know not late

Just another freak.. In the freak kingdom

"All who live, die. But not all who die have truly lived."

If you want to do something, bloody well do it - this isn't a rehearsal for anything - this is IT!

"Live like a millionaire, don't die like one"

"A man's life is not solely measured by the amount of time he lives"

"Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming, 'Wow! What a Ride!'" -Hunter S. Thompson

When I go to the Post Office, I emphatically declare, "I want FIRST CLASS stamps" as I smugly raise my eyebrows, look around, nod, lick my bottom lip, and raise up on my toes a few times, all this and much, much more before I turn around and say to the crowd, "Pretty impressive, huh - FIRST CLASS." Try it. It's fun.

Most people in our culture seem to shun the idea of taking real risks, whether it be through drugs or high-risk sports such as mountain climbing and hang gliding. On the other hand, when someone goes and climbs a mountain without adequate equipment and training, and then falls to her death, nobody goes and blames the mountain.

I'm gonna go upstairs an' blast him outta bed with the firehose, man..

After all the DMT I have used, I began to forget that it is possible to take a dose of a psychedelic that won't obliterate my ego like a nuclear bomb would obliterate a mouse.

“my sensorium is a sun-rapt field—fox fur fine and silk sheets sensual—that I’m being lovingly dragged through by a ballistic missile”

To fathom hell or soar angelic
    Just take a pinch of psychedelic

'I think I wanna be an acid head just so I can look at the sky!'

"The courage of a hero, the eloquence of a poet, and the ardour of an Italian"

http://www.erowid.org/experiences/exp.php?ID=62593

"Next time you get busted for drug possession, make a citizen's arrest, and charge the police with transporting a schedule I substance. I'm certain that they will see the irony of the whole situation, and let you go."

'Sometimes the only way to find where you're going is to lose your way'

"Do not drink too deeply from the fountain of knowledge, lest you learn something you did not wish to know."

'The only failure in life is the failure to try'

'I can do anything I want, and so can you'

'The journey of 1000 miles begins with a single step'

'Think BIG'

'The best way to predict the future is to invent it.'

'Any man brave enough to fight with his guts strapped to him can drink from my canteen any day'

'You are a creator; you create with your every thought'

'Beauty is in the eye of the beholder'

'What the mind of man can conceive and believe, It can achieve'

'The distance between insane and genius is measured only by success'

'Capital isn't scarce. Vision is.'

'The two most common elements in the universe are hydrogen and stupidity'

'The hottest love has the coldest end'

'I learned there was a great deal inside me.'

'360 vs cayman is like bringing a howitzer to a knife fight'

'the only differance between one crazy man and dali, is very simple, that dali is not crazy at all.'

'You want something? Go get it. Period.'

'It requires wisdom to understand wisdom: the music is nothing if the audience is deaf.'

'Because the people who are crazy enough to think that they can change the world, are the ones who do.'

'When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro.'

'When I saw I was under attack from all sides, I knew I was on the right track.'

'You start thinking: It is a very large pair of shoes to fill... and then you start worrying about that, and then you think, well why don't I just make another pair of shoes..?'

'True art is selfish and perverse' - Ludwig Van

'You either blow your brains out or get on with something'

"Nothing beats the sheer soul-stabbing terror of pedal to the floor, fifth gear, 165MPH winds ripping your hair out and piercing your eardrums. After that, a coupe is... sterile."

"A recent discovery of "Indigo Children" has given another context to the term "insane", redeclaring the long-thought ideology that the ones deemed insane by society are truly gifted by God, and misunderstood among the unbelieving masses."

"It was insane, I wish I had filmed it. It was like bringing an audience to the Mona Lisa and asking, 'Do you know why she is smiling?' 'Sorry Leonardo, you'll have to make some changes.' At least the audience understood that THX was not a love story set in the 25th century, which was the way Warners had planned to advertise it. Instead the company settled for 'Visit the future , where love is the ultimate crime.'" - George Lucas On a test audience screening of THX-1138

"In a mad world, only the mad are sane."

"To be or not to be. That's not really a question."

"Failure is inevitable. Success is elusive."

"It's an artistic calling. It's a religion. You shouldn't be doing it as just a day job, to pay for your pool or pay for your house in Barbados. You should do it when it's special, when you'd die for the movie, when the movie is your baby."

"You’ve never seen death? Look in the mirror every day and you will see it like bees working in a glass hive"

"Millions of books written on every conceivable subject by all these great minds and in the end, none of them knows anything more about the big questions of life than I do ... I read Socrates. This guy knocked off little Greek boys. What the Hell's he got to teach me? And Nietzsche, with his theory of eternal recurrence. He said that the life we lived we're gonna live over again the exact same way for eternity. Great. That means I'll have to sit through the Ice Capades again. It's not worth it. And Freud, another great pessimist. I was in analysis for years and nothing happened. My poor analyst got so frustrated, the guy finally put in a salad bar. Maybe the poets are right. Maybe love is the only answer."

"We are all mad at times"

"Sometimes at night the darkness and silence frightens me. Peace frightens me. I feel it's only a facade, hiding the face of hell."

"What is an artist? A provincial who finds himself somewhere between a physical reality and a metaphysical one.... It’s this in-between that I’m calling a province, this frontier country between the tangible world and the intangible one — which is really the realm of the artist."

"All art is autobiographical; the pearl is the oyster’s autobiography."

"Perfection is imaginary - imagine perfection, you have found it."

"A young man asked an old rich man how he made his money. The old guy fingered his worsted wool vest and said, "Well, son, it was 1932. The depth of the Great Depression. I was down to my last nickel. I invested that nickel in an apple. I spent the entire day polishing the apple and, at the end of the day, I sold the apple for ten cents. The next morning, I invested those ten cents in two apples. I spent the entire day polishing them and sold them at 5 pm for 20 cents. I continued this system for a month, by the end of which I'd accumulated a fortune of $1.37. Then my wife's father died and left us two million dollars."

"People are afraid of themselves, of their own reality; their feelings most of all. People talk about how great love is, but that's bull****. Love hurts. Feelings are disturbing. People are taught that pain is evil and dangerous. How can they deal with love if they're afraid to feel? Pain is meant to wake us up. People try to hide their pain. But they're wrong. Pain is something to carry, like a radio. You feel your strength in the experience of pain. It's all in how you carry it. That's what matters. Pain is a feeling. Your feelings are a part of you. Your own reality. If you feel ashamed of them, and hide them, you're letting society destroy your reality. You should stand up for your right to feel your pain." - Jim Morrison, The Doors

"He who turns himself into a beast gets rid of the pain of being a man"

"There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die."

"...why should we not calmly and patiently review our own thoughts, and thoroughly examine and see what these appearances in us really are?" - Plato

"Then you hear yourself mumbling: "Dogs ****ed the pope, no fault of mine. Watch out!... Why money? My name is Brinks; I was born... born? Get sheep over side... women and children to armored car... orders from Captain Zeep."" - Hunter S. Thompson

"Where there is peace the warlike man attacks himself" - Friedrich Nietsche

"You've got to become a devil to beat one"

Boggis and Bunce and Bean
    One fat, one short, one lean.
    These horrible crooks
    So different in looks
    Were none the less equally mean.

"Life to me is the greatest of all games. The danger lies in treating it as a trivial game, a game to be taken lightly, and a game in which the rules don't matter much. The rules matter a great deal. The game has to be played fairly or it is no game at all. And even to win the game is not the chief end. The chief end is to win it honorably and splendidly." - Ernest Shackleton

"It’s unbelievably exciting. You’re opening doors that have never been opened before, doors where they didn’t even know there was a door. It can be frightening." - Alexander Shulgin

What the future of drug use will be like: In your best dreams? In your worst nightmares?
    Sasha: I believe that drug use will remain basically the same: if psychedelic drugs are legal, there will be good use and foolish use; if they remain illegal, there will be wise use underground, and stupid use underground. There will be new drugs discovered and someone will publish the information about them; if they are legal, the publications will be in respected journals; if they are illegal, publication will be in underground books and magazines .The internet will continue to offer both factual and worthless information on drugs.

In my worst nightmare, our drug laws will continue to increase until this country is a police state, although the general public will not choose to recognize it as such. Other countries will continue to ignore American drug laws when crafting their own, as they are beginning to do now. Amnesty International will cite the U.S. for putting more millions of people in jail than any other country in the world, except China. Raves will be held far away from the big cities, and never in the same place twice. Police corruption at the borders of the country will be taken for granted. The First Amendment will not apply to anyone speaking openly against the War on Drugs.

The best and the brightest minds of North America will leave the country and make their homes in South America, Canada, Europe and Africa. Every country except China, North America, Argentina and Norway will follow the pattern set by Spain in regard to drugs, i.e., every adult citizen will have the right to use any drug he/she wishes, and there will be numerous clinics set up for those with alcohol and drug problems.

In my best dreams, the present drug laws will be repealed, except those applying to children, driving under the influence, and giving a drug to any person who has not given informed consent. Psychedelics will be used for therapy and for spiritual growth. Several spiritual practices will arise, based on the pattern set by Native Americans of both North and South America, using visionary plants and some synthetic drugs. Prisons will be used to hold violent criminals and the criminally insane. Empathy and compassion will no longer be regarded with contempt, but will be seen as normal attributes of healthy adult human beings. Common sense will be rampant.

"Woe to the man whose heart has not learned while young to hope, to love — and to put its trust in life" Joesph Conrad

"Psychedelic experience is only a glimpse of genuine mystical insight, but a glimpse which can be matured and deepened by the various ways of meditation in which drugs are no longer necessary or useful. If you get the message, hang up the phone. For psychedelic drugs are simply instruments, like microscopes, telescopes, and telephones. The biologist does not sit with eye permanently glued to the microscope, he goes away and works on what he has seen..."
    -- Alan Watts

Sunday is gloomy, my hours are slumberless
    Dearest the shadows I live with are numberless
    Little white flowers will never awaken you
    Not where the black coach of sorrow has taken you
    Angels have no thought of ever returning you
    Would they be angry if I thought of joining you?

Gloomy Sunday

Gloomy is Sunday, with shadows I spend it all
    My heart and I have decided to end it all
    Soon there'll be candles and prayers that are sad I know
    Let them not weep let them know that I'm glad to go
    Death is no dream for in death I'm caressing you
    With the last breath of my soul I'll be blessing you

Gloomy Sunday

Dreaming, I was only dreaming
    I wake and I find you asleep in the deep of my heart, here
    Darling, I hope that my dream never haunted you
    My heart is telling you how much I wanted you

Gloomy Sunday

"Dreams are extremely important. You can't do it unless you imagine it."

"It is one of the commonest of mistakes to consider that the limit of our power of perception is also the limit of all there is to perceive."

"You know I hate, detest, and can't bear a lie, not because I am straighter than the rest of us, but simply because it appalls me. There is a taint of death, a flavour of mortality in lies — which is exactly what I hate and detest in the world — what I want to forget. It makes me miserable and sick, like biting something rotten would do."

"Ducard: If you make yourself more than just a man, if you devote yourself to an ideal, then you become something else entirely.
    Bruce Wayne: Which is?
    Ducard: A legend, Mister Wayne. "

Doc Daneeka: You're wasting your time
    Yossarian: Can't you ground someone who's crazy?
    DD: Oh, sure. I have to. There's a rule saying I have to ground anyone who's crazy.
    Yossarian: Then why don't you ground me? I'm crazy. Ask Clevinger.
    DD: Clevinger? Where is Clevinger? You find Clevinger and I'll ask him.
    Yossarian: Then ask any of the others. They'll tell you how crazy I am.
    DD: They're crazy
    Yossarian: Then why don't you ground them?
    DD: Why don't they ask me to ground them?
    Yossarian: Because they're crazy, that's why.
    DD: Of course they're crazy, I just told you they're crazy, didn't I? And you can't let crazy people decide if they crazy or not.
    Yossarian: Is Orr crazy?
    DD: He sure is.
    Yossarian: Can you ground him?
    DD: I sure can. But first he has to ask me to. That's part of the rule.
    Yossarian: Then why doesn't he ask you to?
    DD: Because he's crazy, He has to be crazy to keep flying combat missions after all the close calls he's had. Sure, I can ground Orr. But first he has to ask me to.
    Yossarian: That's all he has to do to be grounded?
    DD: That's all. Let him ask me.
    Yossarian: And then you can ground him?
    DD: No. Then I can't ground him.
    Yossarian: You mean there's a catch?
    DD: Sure there's a catch, Catch-22. Anyone who wants to get out of combat duty isn't really crazy.
    Yossarian: That's some catch, that Catch-22.
    DD: It's the best there is

"If the doors of perception were cleansed every thing would appear to man as it is, infinite. For man has closed himself up, till he sees all things through narrow chinks of his cavern."

""A thing of beauty is a joy forever""

http://www.erowid.org/experiences/exp.php?ID=26006

"Power is not revealed by striking hard or often, but by striking true"

<Photo 3>

"I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."

Then take me disappearin' through the smoke rings of my mind,
    Down the foggy ruins of time, far past the frozen leaves,
    The haunted, frightened trees, out to the windy beach,
    Far from the twisted reach of crazy sorrow.
    Yes, to dance beneath the diamond sky with one hand waving free,
    Silhouetted by the sea, circled by the circus sands,
    With all memory and fate driven deep beneath the waves,
    Let me forget about today until tomorrow.

Sheila Wood: If you're so unhappy Nick, why haven't you killed yourself?
    Nick Drake: It's too cowardly, and besides, I don't have the courage.

"Sometimes the questions are complicated and the answers are simple.'"

"some, though ugly, are very nice; others, though pretty, are very nasty. So, perhaps, really the pretty ones are ugly and the ugly ones pretty!"

"I was wrong once and that is when I thought I was wrong but I wasn't"

"I love you. Don't forget to always tell the truth."

"We are told to remember the idea, not the man, because a man can fail. He can be taught, he can be killed and forgotten but, 400 years later, an idea can still change the world. I've witnessed first hand the power of ideas, I've seen people kill in the name of them, and die defending them...but you cannot kiss an idea, cannot touch it, or hold it...ideas do not bleed, they do not feel pain, they do not love." ~ Evey Hammond in V for Vendetta

"The more you know who you are and what you want... the less you let things around you upset you" -LiT

"I can resist anything but temptation."

"Champagne for my real friends, real pain for my sham friends"

"Who lives longer? the man who takes heroin for two years and dies, or a man who lives on roast beef, water and potatoes 'till 95? One passes his 24 months in eternity. All the years of the beefeater are lived only in time."

"If God dropped acid, would he see people?"

"I chose not to choose life: I chose something else. And the reasons? There are no reasons. Who needs reasons when you've got heroin?"

"Insanity is the only sane reaction to an insane society."

"I'm standing on the edge of some crazy cliff. What I have to do, I have to catch everybody if they start to go over the cliff— I mean if they're running and they don't look where they're going I have to come out from somewhere and catch them. That's all I'd do all day. I'd just be the catcher in the rye and all. I know it's crazy, but that's the only thing I'd really like to be. I know it's crazy."

Living Kills!

"I am 100 percent in favor of the intelligent use of drugs, and 1,000 percent against the thoughtless use of them, whether caffeine or LSD. And drugs are not central to my life." Tim Leary

"The night sky is a beautiful thing no matter where you are..... Look at it and tell me that you do not just forget about every woe you have ever had. Gaze at the starry night and you forget about everything, get lost in the lights, and focus on the night sky. For it is truly beautiful, because in it you get lost and can think of simply nothing else. If you ever think something is beautiful do not compare it to a supermodel or a manmade piece of art, but compare it to the firmament, God's art. If you can find yourself getting lost and forgetting everything as when you look at the night sky then you have indeed found something truly beautiful." ~ Bob Hiteshew

"Alfredo: Once upon a time, a king gave a feast. And there came the most beautiful princesses of the realm. Now, a soldier, who was standing guard, saw the king's daughter go by. She was the most beautiful one, and he immediately fell in love with her. But what could a poor soldier do when it came to the daughter of the king? Well, finally, one day, he managed to meet her, and he told her that he could no longer live without her. The princess was so impressed by his strong feelings that she said to the soldier: "If you can wait 100 days and 100 nights under my balcony, then at the end of it, I shall be yours." Damn! The soldier immediately went there and waited one day. And two days. And ten. And then twenty. And every evening, the princess looked out of her window, but he never moved. During rain, during wind, during snow, he was always there. The bird shat on his head, and the bees stung him, but he didn't budge. After ninety nights, he had become all dried up, all white, and the tears streamed from his eyes. He couldn't hold them back. He no longer had the strength to sleep. All that time, the princess watched him. And on the 99th night, the soldier stood up, took his chair, and went away.

Salvatore: [later in the film, Toto gives Alfredo his interpretation] ... In one more night, the princess would have been his. But she also could not possibly have kept her promise. And it would have been terrible. He would have died. This way, however, at least for 99 days, he was living under the illusion that she was there, waiting for him. "

“But what if man had eyes to see the true beauty--the divine beauty, I mean, pure and clear and unalloyed, not clogged with the pollutions of mortality and all the colours and vanities of human life--thither looking, and holding converse with the true beauty simple and divine?” - Plato

"Why pay a dollar for a bookmark? Why not use the dollar for a bookmark?"

Choose Life. Choose a job. Choose a career. Choose a family. Choose a ****ing big television, choose washing machines, cars, compact disc players and electrical tin openers. Choose good health, low cholesterol, and dental insurance. Choose fixed interest mortgage repayments. Choose a starter home. Choose your friends. Choose leisurewear and matching luggage. Choose a three-piece suite on hire purchase in a range of ****ing fabrics. Choose DIY and wondering who the **** you are on Sunday night. Choose sitting on that couch watching mind-numbing, spirit-crushing game shows, stuffing ****ing junk food into your mouth. Choose rotting away at the end of it all, pissing your last in a miserable home, nothing more than an embarrassment to the selfish, ****ed up brats you spawned to replace yourselves. Choose your future. Choose life... But why would I want to do a thing like that? I chose not to choose life. I chose somethin' else. And the reasons? There are no reasons. Who needs reasons when you've got heroin?

In a 1999 study of 14 countries, active psychosis was ranked the third-most-disabling condition, after quadriplegia and dementia and before paraplegia and blindness.

The shoulder-fired weapon showed about 6 p.m. when an Ocoee man drove to the Florida Citrus Bowl to trade the 4-foot-long launcher for size-3 Reebok sneakers for his daughter.

"After my first trip, I was so profoundly affected that I called in 'sick' to work, saying I had been sick for a long time but now I was better. Ostensibly, I called in 'well' to work and never went back."

http://www.erowid.org/general/survey/survey_lsd8_quotes1.shtml
    http://www.erowid.org/chemicals/lsd/lsd_survey1.shtml

A psychedelic experience is a journey to new realms of consciousness. The scope and content of the experience is limitless, but its characteristic features are the transcendence of verbal concepts, of space-time dimensions, and of the ego or identity. Such experiences of enlarged consciousness can occur in a variety of ways: sensory deprivation, yoga exercises, disciplined meditation, religious or aesthetic ecstasies, or spontaneously. Most recently they have become available to anyone through the ingestion of psychedelic drugs such as LSD, psilocybin, mescaline, DMT, etc. Of course, the drug does not produce the transcendent experience. It merely acts as a chemical key - it opens the mind, frees the nervous system of its ordinary patterns and structures.

Classes will dull your mind, destroy the potential for authentic creativity

Walter: Donny was a good bowler, and a good man. He was one of us. He was a man who loved the outdoors... and bowling, and as a surfer he explored the beaches of Southern California, from La Jolla to Leo Carrillo and... up to... Pismo. He died.... He died, as so many young men of his generation, before his time. In your wisdom, Lord, you took him, as you took so many bright flowering young men at Khe Sanh, at Langdok, at Hill 364. These young men gave their lives. And so would Donny. Donny, who loved bowling. And so, Theodore Donald Karabotsos, in accordance with what we think your dying wishes might well have been, we commit your final mortal remains to the bosom of the Pacific Ocean, which you loved so well. Good night, sweet prince.
    (Walter opens the coffee can and shakes the ashes out, the wind blows them back in the Dude's face. The Dude stands, frozen.)
    Walter: (looks back at the Dude, now covered in Donny's ashes) Oh ****, Dude, I'm sorry. ******** wind. ****. (brushing the ashes off)
    The Dude: (Exploding, slaps Walter's hands away) ******** IT WALTER! YOU ****ING *******!
    Walter: ****, Dude, I'm sorry!
    The Dude: Everything's a ****ING TRAVESTY with you, man!
    Walter: Look, Dude, I'm sorry! It was an accident!
    The Dude: And what was all that **** about Vietnam?!
    Walter: Dude I’m sorry
    The Dude: WHAT THE **** DOES ANYTHING HAVE TO DO WITH VIETNAM?!
    The Dude: WHAT THE **** ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT?!
    The Dude: ****in’ (long pause) ****, Walter..
    Walter: C’mon Dude (pause) Hey, **** it man, let’s go bowling

A university assignment has just been completed an hour prior and I am finally up to date. Thus my mind is at ease on this topic.

To fathom Hell or soar angelic,
    just take a pinch of psychedelic

Peace - to stay cool with all people around them thus uplifting the culture
    Love - to stay close to all other ravers making rave one big family.
    Unity - to stand together for the one cause to party.
    Respect- to understand the world they're in and those trying for improvement.

"When I Die, Bury Me Upside Down So the World Can Kiss My Ass."

According to the hippies, LSD was the glue that held the Haight together. It was the hippie sacrament, a mind detergent capable of washing away years of social programming, a re-imprinting device, a consciousness-expander, a tool that would push us up the evolutionary ladder.

"if you can't love someone at their worst, you don't deserve them at their best."

11. Wade

Wade Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner

Mar 31, 2006
    East Central, FL
    Full Name:
    Wade O.
    You win! :D

12. rollsorferrari?

rollsorferrari? F1 Veteran

Jun 5, 2006
    St. Louis
    Full Name:
    Scott
    "You can't conceive, nor can i, the appalling strangeness of the mercy of God." Graham Greene
    "We must accept finite disappointment, but we must never lose infinite hope." Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.

13. yzee

yzee F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 16, 2005
    Bodegata
    Full Name:
    Michael
    Beauty is in the hole of the behinder-Pinkard & Bowden

14. Tony91505

Tony91505 Formula Junior

Apr 13, 2005
    So cal
    Full Name:
    Tony
    defeat is often a temporary condition, giving up is what makes it permanent and thats your choice.

a qoute by the smartest human who has ever lived to my knowledge.

Marilyn Vos Savant IQ 242 / heck 149 or better will get you into Mensa

has anyone ever met someone with 200+ IQ?

15. TheBigEasy

TheBigEasy F1 World Champ
    Consultant

Jun 21, 2005
    California
    Full Name:
    Ethan Hunt
    I'm bumping this thread as I finally watched American Gangster tonight. I loved this quote:

"The loudest man in the room is the weakest man in the room."

:)

16. bannedleader

bannedleader Karting
    BANNED

Mar 6, 2007
    "I`m too old to fight, Too slow to run, You leave me no choice but to shoot you"

Greg34 likes this.
  17. pks41805

pks41805 Formula 3

Aug 4, 2007
    Colorado Springs, Co
    Full Name:
    Paul Sloan
    " Is it in yet?" My wife.

18. BBL

BBL Formula Junior

Nov 1, 2006
    Northern California
    Full Name:
    Sean
    "Is that a diesel Ferrari?" -- an electrical engineer friend of mine, shortly before I got new piston rings

19. 62 250 GTO

62 250 GTO F1 Veteran

Jan 9, 2004
    Nova Scotia Canada
    Full Name:
    Neil
    While you're walking to the bathroom!?

20. anunakki

anunakki Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Oct 8, 2005
    Las Vegas Nevada
    Full Name:
    Jerry
    My absolute favorite

...when you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth.
    Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, (Sherlock Holmes)

21. Gilles27

Gilles27 F1 World Champ

Mar 16, 2002
    Ex-Urbia
    Full Name:
    Jack
    "It's like a split screen, with a loaf of bread on one side and a hockey game on the other."

My incredibly stoned roommate several years ago.

22. derek002

derek002 Karting
    BANNED

Oct 2, 2007
    "Life is very heavy to me, but it's so light to you"

23. texasmr2

texasmr2 Two Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Oct 22, 2007
    Houston
    Full Name:
    Gregg
    Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt. .....

24. PeterS

PeterS Four Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 24, 2003
    Goodyear, AZ
    Full Name:
    PeterS
    My favorite for people that screw things up: "If you are going to be stupid, you better be tough".

25. UroTrash

UroTrash Three Time F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner

Jan 20, 2004
    Purgatory
    Full Name:
    Clifford Gunboat
    I forgot how absolutely charming Gentry was until I re-read the first few dozen posts in this thread.