looking for a 308 GTS/i | FerrariChat

looking for a 308 GTS/i

Discussion in '308/328' started by jackson, Dec 7, 2007.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. jackson

jackson Karting

Dec 3, 2007
    Chapel Hill, NC
    Full Name:
    Jack McCausland
    Am in the market for a 308 - have driven the GTSi - thought I had a deal on one that I would be picking up on Tuesday 12/11 after an already scheduled PPI....it got away - won't go into the details - except to say it was sold to someone else - happened this morning and I am still quite hot about it...nonetheless - would like to stay ~ $30-35k and 20-30k miles - open to years - carbs or injectors (though I've heard good things about the carb cars) - prefer everything stock (ie wheels) - like resell red - history would be important - It's a Ferrari. That's what I want.

I live in Raleigh, NC and would prefer to find one local (Carolinas, VA) so I could have local techs PPI and give their input and so I could see a bit easier, but you know...the first Ferrari is an important one - I could do a little travelling.

Was very eager to get into the community - a little disapointed right now, but hey - minor set-back. Appreciate all feedback and assistance.

2. Bullfighter

Bullfighter Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jan 26, 2005
    Indian Wells, California
    Full Name:
    Jon
    You're near Sport Auto, although they handle fewer and fewer 308s. Worth a call, though.

You might check FerrariAds here, also www.forzamotorsports.com. There are three available near me, but all higher mileage.

Hang in there. You can't go wrong by waiting for the right car (although once you've got the bug it's hard to wait). It took me most of a year to find my 328.

3. dinogt4guy

dinogt4guy F1 Rookie

Oct 31, 2004
    Hewitt, Tx.
    Full Name:
    Kurtis Fordice
    Also try www.drautos.com orwww.collectorcartraderonline.com too!

Good Luck!

4. Dr Tommy Cosgrove

Dr Tommy Cosgrove Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 4, 2001
    Birmingham, AL
    Full Name:
    Tommy
    You are still part of our community. No Ferrari needed, just enthusiasm. I was a very active member of the FCA for 5 years before I bought mine (still am). Glad you're here.

5. irondogmike

irondogmike F1 Rookie

Sep 8, 2006
    San Diego area
    Full Name:
    Michael Tucker
  6. jackson

jackson Karting

Dec 3, 2007
    Chapel Hill, NC
    Full Name:
    Jack McCausland
    thanks very much for the all of the responses - i'll check all of the listed sites, hit up the #s and get back on the trail...this site has been an incredible resource - looking forward to the hunt - thanks again for all of your help!

7. jimshadow

jimshadow F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Feb 19, 2006
    Indiana
    Full Name:
    JIM
    Hang in there! I tried like h*ll to buy a blue GT4 (in the very color I love!). Had an offer accepted, then rejected then a counter offer some $7K higher. I told the owner he was nuts. The car ended up for sale with a 'buy it now' on Ebay for SIGNIFICANTLY (we're talking more than $12K here) higher than my original offer.
    I took it as a sign from Enzo!!! This is a good way to look at your situation too. Wasn't right, time to keep searching.

JIM

8. irondogmike

irondogmike F1 Rookie

Sep 8, 2006
    San Diego area
    Full Name:
    Michael Tucker
    e-bay? I've seen prices that out of this world and you know someone will pay that price,because their looking for that one person that hasn't done their home work,so do your home work be patient and do look at the car and do a ppi,sometimes if you leave a deposit before a ppi it shows your not wasting the owners time,and if something comes up during the ppi thats not seen by you or what he's not telling you,counter the offer of the car, I did,It worked out fairly good for both parties,good luck,oh make sure stanta cluase knows what you want,you need her on your side, always include her when looking, get her involled,like have her sit in it befor you do,in the drivers seat! you'll be surpized that soon theres two of you looking and your not alone,it worked for me,

9. Irishman

Irishman F1 Rookie

Oct 13, 2005
    Raleigh
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    I live nearby, if that helps. There is a fledgling Italian group of enthusiasts growing in this area :):).

I bought my car from a f-chat member though I was focused on getting a carb gts. Anyway, if you have any questions let me know.

Seamus

10. jackson

jackson Karting

Dec 3, 2007
    Chapel Hill, NC
    Full Name:
    Jack McCausland
    appreciate all the help and advice again - we'll find something.

11. flashman

flashman Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 5, 2004
    Star Valley, Arizona
    Full Name:
    William Rappaport
    I may have the car you are looking for. PM me.

12. bergxu

bergxu Formula 3

Aug 16, 2005
    OnTheSerpentMound
    Full Name:
    Aaron
    Jack;

PM or email me @ [email protected]

I think I may also have something you'll be interested in..

Cheers;
    Aaron