Anybody know this Mondial? | FerrariChat

Anybody know this Mondial?

Discussion in 'Mondial' started by STORMBRINGER, Dec 7, 2007.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. STORMBRINGER

STORMBRINGER Rookie

Jul 3, 2004
    http://sandiego.craigslist.org/car/500236794.html

Anybody know this car or have a opinion on it as a first Ferrari. I really wanted a GT4 but have been looking at one bad car after another it seems and I really do like the Mondial's. I can do the maintenance on this one myself, the 82 is a 2v motor correct? So most service's will not have me pulling the motor out. (I do have the tools to do this, and have done it a number of times to other cars.)

Its had its belts, clutch and tensions done in the last 1000 miles, full 30K, documented 2 owner, repaint but not factory quality, not a color switch. The sunroof needs repair though as the electric motor is blown. This was don in the last 6 months.

Needs door and seats reskined in the front, rear looks good. I can do all that sort of stuff myself, I want a driver so finding a 100% car on cosmetics is not that big of a deal.

Any thoughts on price, I would hold on to it for a while and if I like it and can do the maintenance then I would get something older like a 330. I was thinking of offering ~16.5K if everything we talked about on the phone holds up in terms of condition.

2. desire308

desire308 Formula 3

Oct 19, 2007
    Florida
    Full Name:
    Peter W
    T.Rutlands in GA has a very nice Mondial red/tan , QV Motor and it's a rag top. Asking 23K but it's a nicer car and the interior is very good, paint is like new. I saw the car in person this week.

3. Consejero

Consejero Karting

Mar 15, 2004
    Dallas, Texas
    Full Name:
    James R. Consejero
    There's one in Dallas for 17K - has about 30K in stuff done to it email me for details and pictures

[email protected]

4. mondialmike88

mondialmike88 Karting

Aug 16, 2007
    Vancouver
    Full Name:
    Mike
    I have seen this car on ebay a few times on ebay in the last couple
    of years it seemed cheap.wonder why it has not sold by now.

5. docmirror

docmirror Formula Junior

May 6, 2004
    Ft Worth TX
    I don't know the car. major service can be done on the QV without engine out too. I bought an 83 QV cab for under $16k in similar shape, but without the major being done. I did it myself and it wasn't too bad. for a black Mondial 8 I think the price is a bit high for a fixer. if it were much nicer, I might go $17k, but I don't really want an 8 model. Hold out for the car you want, and plan to spend about $5k more, but get the right thing the first time. if you want a black Mondial 8, then go haggle with him. good luck!

6. STORMBRINGER

STORMBRINGER Rookie

Jul 3, 2004
    Well I really want a black one, but thats for all the heads up I am going to give Rutlands a call today if I can manage. If itsw a better car and the price is right then I can live iwth a red one, I really don't want yellow or white. I could live with a dark blue car.

7. dakharris

dakharris Two Time F1 World Champ

Jun 7, 2001
    Sleepy Hollow
    Full Name:
    Cavaliere Senzatesta
    At that price, it seems like a very good deal. I would invest another $500 for a knowledgeable PPI to make sure. I'll bet that the AC doesn't work and probably a lot of other pesky problems. Specifically check lower cam drive bearings for leakage. If you like the GT4, I would go in that direction before buying a 2v Mondial coupe.

8. Consejero

Consejero Karting

Mar 15, 2004
    Dallas, Texas
    Full Name:
    James R. Consejero
    I love buying parts from Rutlands but remember that Rutlands is a dismantler. They usually buy vehicles to sell off the parts so I would wonder what kind of vehicle they would buy if just parting out. Just use caution I guess

9. Consejero

Consejero Karting

Mar 15, 2004
    Dallas, Texas
    Full Name:
    James R. Consejero
    PS I believe Vincenco Ferrari once said " Black, white, yellow....Ferrari's are all red underneath"