cavillino oil cap | FerrariChat

cavillino oil cap

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by bill brooks, Dec 10, 2007.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. bill brooks

bill brooks F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 30, 2007
    waynesburg,pa
    Full Name:
    bill brooks
    has anyone ever encountered a cavillino disc or insert( similar to the cavillino wheel centers) that will fit
    the center of the oil fill cap?

also, does anyone know a source for the 1 3/8" (35mm) i.d. fuel hose used on the 3x8 gas tank transfer pipe?
    mcmaster-carr has dropped that size from their catalog it would seem.

2. sparta49

sparta49 F1 Veteran
    Owner

Mar 3, 2001
    LA
    Full Name:
    Frank
    I've been looking, I can't even find a pic of one but I know someone is selling them I saw them not to long ago. I used to want one when I had my 308 and started to order it for the 328 when I saw them . I will keep looking.

3. Brian Harper

Brian Harper F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Feb 17, 2006
    San Jose area
    Full Name:
    Brian Harper
    I just bought some from McMaster a few weeks ago. I have some left over if you want to PM me. It is a PITA to replace, but the peace of mind makes it worthwhile.

4. dave80gtsi

dave80gtsi Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 3, 2003
    Ohio
    Full Name:
    Dave Meredith
    #6 dave80gtsi, Dec 11, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017

Yes, bought here on F-Chat from (I think) Mike Charness - Do a Search to find the old thread where this is discussed.

Held in place with double stick tape to the center of the OEM cap. A nice and subtle touch, looks "factory" to most eyes.

Here's the best picture of mine that I could find.

Cheers - DM
    Image Unavailable, Please Login