Does anyone know what this is? | FerrariChat

Does anyone know what this is?

Discussion in '360/430' started by rdj, Dec 8, 2007.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. rdj

rdj Rookie

May 9, 2007
    Geelong
    Full Name:
    Richard
    #1 rdj, Dec 8, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    I was working on my 360 the other day, trying to increase the distance on the alarm as described on this forum, and i noticed that I appeared to have an extra box that didn't appear in any of the photo's. The unit itself appears to have an antenna of some sort and a 12V battery. The reason I am curious is because the battery just seemed to be shoved in there and not held in place, which seems to indicate that this is an after market device.

I have attached a picture of the unit and would be grateful if someone could tell me what it is.

Richard
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. mrpcar

mrpcar Formula 3

May 27, 2007
    Chino hills, CA
    Full Name:
    Robin
    It looks like an old school cell phone base unit. Or could be a lojack...

3. rdj

rdj Rookie

May 9, 2007
    Geelong
    Full Name:
    Richard
    I thought it could be either of those two items also. I know a previous owner did have a cell phone kit installed so perhaps that is what it is.. I guess I'm wondering if I can make use of this item :) Would be even better if it was a lojack unit though :)

4. Marbella

Marbella Formula 3

Aug 27, 2007
    Marbella
    Full Name:
    Dirk
    Navtrack ?

5. fabulso

fabulso Rookie

Mar 25, 2006
    I work for the IRS. it's used to track you for your so-called business expense miles you have been deducting......lol no idea.

6. Chiaro_Slag

Chiaro_Slag F1 Veteran

Oct 31, 2003
    CA
    Full Name:
    Jerry
    Not sure?

Maybe do a google search on some of the info that is written on the box?