cant open car door for women in todays world! | FerrariChat

cant open car door for women in todays world!

Discussion in 'Other Off Topic Forum' started by tmaxxgod4, Dec 11, 2007.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. tmaxxgod4

tmaxxgod4 Formula 3

May 4, 2007
    Anaheim ca
    Full Name:
    Danny T Evans
    me and dad noted in todays world when you try and open a car door for a girl YOU CANT! because by the time you get out of your car she is out... no girl EXPECTS a man to open the car door! TELL ME what has happen in todays world!?

2. Noel

Noel F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

3. Blackbird4life

Blackbird4life Formula 3

Jul 8, 2005
    I'll offer to open a door when she gets in, helping her out is kinda in the whipped zone.

4. tmaxxgod4

tmaxxgod4 Formula 3

May 4, 2007
    Anaheim ca
    Full Name:
    Danny T Evans
    whipped... i guessed i am in the wrong era HAHA

5. Ike

Ike F1 Rookie

Nov 4, 2003
    I used to see a girl off and on about 8 years ago. The first time we went out she got upset that I opened the door for her. She said she could do it herself and when someone did it for her it made her feel like I thought she was helpless and dependent.

6. tmaxxgod4

tmaxxgod4 Formula 3

May 4, 2007
    Anaheim ca
    Full Name:
    Danny T Evans
    THIS is why men will NEVER figure out women! ill learn to rebuild a ferrari V12 before i learn women LOL

7. TheBigEasy

TheBigEasy F1 World Champ
    Consultant

Jun 21, 2005
    California
    Full Name:
    Ethan Hunt
    I'd tell her to stop watching Rosie O'Donnell.

Whenever I am walking to the car with my girl, I always open her door for her when it's convenient. But when we get some where, to tell her to wait while I run around the car would be dumb. Just use common sense and be a gentleman.

8. Blackbird4life

Blackbird4life Formula 3

Jul 8, 2005
    I'm not a expert on women, hopefully some female members can give some insight but....I noticed changes

1. Instead of asking a woman where's she's goin when she goes out, say take care and give me a buzz if u need anything
    2. Feel free to look at other women, as long as you can gave the feeling of comfort and security being around her
    3. Goin out to eat for the first time? Let her pay her share.

There's others, and I may be wrong....but women are more independent these days. Giving them a sense of "control" isn't going to make it work these days, well in terms of true love anyway. But feel free to put her in check if she acts out of line. :D

9. darth550

darth550 Six Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 14, 2003
    In front of you
    Full Name:
    BCHC
    wait for it...........................................

10. tmaxxgod4

tmaxxgod4 Formula 3

May 4, 2007
    Anaheim ca
    Full Name:
    Danny T Evans
    this friend on my myspace Thaddeus Carlton post bulletins about men and women and this is one of his new ones i wanted to share

"Men vs. Women 117
    Thaddeus Carlton says:
    Most men are afraid of intimacy. There are many reasons for this. Intimacy leads to fantasy, and it is hard to be anyone’s ‘Knight In Shining Armour’. To this idea, some women say, “I don’t need a man to save me, I don’t really need a man!” She says this to show her independence, what she is really expressing is she wants to die alone! Men have to be needed. This is part of the definition of being a man. Women need to be needed too. Somewhere along the way, women thought they would be more like men if they ‘faked’ a strong exterior. They don’t realize that men have to fake strength for security. Historically, men have even had to fool themselves that they were strong enough to hunt, plow fields, build stuff…but men still needed to be needed. Women have come to believe that ‘working’ places them above needing or being needed. Ladies,…you can’t make love to that six figure salary! You cannot perpetuate the human race by continued estrangement from men. The nature of man is to seem cold and unapproachable at times. This is also for survival purposes. There is no need for women to emulate ‘the survival trait’ that ruins so many relationships for men. Women are better people than men because they don’t ever have to be insincere. In today’s world, with women and men ‘competing’ in the sport of creating distance between one and other, humanity is doomed! Equal rights never meant that women should become men! Women don’t even want to carry children in their wombs any more. Men were created to live by Nature, women were created to live by Nurture. Now, women have been ‘emotionally hardened’ and the balance is diminishing. Women are supposed to keep men from making mistakes related to being insensitive to Life. If women continue to ‘evolve’ or rather ‘devolve’ into pseudo men, there will be no love, compassion or children in the world.

Thaddeus Carlton
    iTunes"

11. TheBigEasy

TheBigEasy F1 World Champ
    Consultant

Jun 21, 2005
    California
    Full Name:
    Ethan Hunt
    just crack babies...

by the way, LOL at that whole post, what a load of ****.

12. Blackbird4life

Blackbird4life Formula 3

Jul 8, 2005
    Ha, he starts off with men and ends up with women issues. Clearly he was thinking about a woman when writing that.

*EDIT* Mr carlton that is

13. darth550

darth550 Six Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 14, 2003
    In front of you
    Full Name:
    BCHC
    #13 darth550, Dec 11, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  14. coolestkidever

coolestkidever F1 Veteran

Feb 28, 2004
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Patrick
    it all just............disappeared

15. dm_n_stuff

dm_n_stuff Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

I didn't do it. :D

16. tmaxxgod4

tmaxxgod4 Formula 3

May 4, 2007
    Anaheim ca
    Full Name:
    Danny T Evans
    yes you did! why do you lie to everyone, we all know it was YOU! lol :-D just kidding

17. italiafan

italiafan F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 19, 2006
    Full Name:
    Stickbones Swagglesmith
    I only open car doors for women if they are wearing really small skirts!

18. TexasF355F1

TexasF355F1 Six Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 2, 2004
    Cloud-9
    Full Name:
    Jason
    Opening for them to get out is a bit much imo. Have I done it? Of course, but it's really a bit over-doing it.

I always open doors for women. And occasionally I get that evil eye that they can get it themselves. But when you're dating someone I don't see a need to do it every single time you drive somewhere.

Opening doors to buildings...ALWAYS. Opening car doors....only at the beginning of the relationship and on special occasions. Otherwise, IMO, it loses any and all that is "special" about doing that.

19. tundraphile

tundraphile F1 Veteran

May 16, 2007
    Missouri
    I once offerred to carry a box for a petite co-worker, and she started talking about benevolent sexism and other nonsense. I told she didn't have to worry about me helping her again...

20. ChunkyMonkey

ChunkyMonkey Formula 3

Feb 27, 2006
    Texas, duh
    Full Name:
    Chad
    I usually open it for my wife to get in the car, but not out....I just rather her get in the vehicle safely I guess, dunno....

21. S Brake

S Brake F1 World Champ

Aug 3, 2006
    Utah
    Full Name:
    Dave
    Same here, I've always felt that it is unnecessary to open the door for them to get out. When I see other guys open the door, it just looks awkward while the girl just sits there waiting for the guy to get out and walk around to open her door.

22. tmaxxgod4

tmaxxgod4 Formula 3

May 4, 2007
    Anaheim ca
    Full Name:
    Danny T Evans
    good point!

WOW... i never found a girl like this yet... if i do ill probably laugh thinking of this post

23. Whisky

Whisky Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 27, 2006
    Upper Great Plains
    Full Name:
    The original Fernando

small, or short ?

or both ??

24. otaku

otaku Formula 3

Aug 12, 2005
    Boise,Idaho
    Full Name:
    Josh
    my latest date didn't expect it and I didn't offer at most I'll open the door from inside the car but yeah usually they don't care and neither do I just as long as they get in :)

25. Bowers

Bowers Karting

Sep 27, 2007
    San Jose
    Full Name:
    Bowers
    I have had this happen on numerous occasions here at the office. Our receptionist is a little old lady and she always asks me to pick things up for her or move things, but if I try to “help” any of the other ladies around the office they get all bend out of shape, so I don’t even bother anymore.

I actually got a chuckle out of one a couple of weeks ago. One of the more independent ladies here was trying to get into the elevator with a whole bunch of crap in her hands; I held my arm out to stop the elevator door and asked if she got it all. She quickly fired back with if she needs my help she would ask for it. So I moved my hand. The door closed. And down I went.

As for the open door thing, to a building always, to the car when getting in usually, when getting out of the car though, nope. I honestly don’t think any of the girls that have been in my passenger seat have ever waited long enough for me to get around before getting out on there own. My grandma is another story. I always make an effort to help her out of the car, she old and needs all the help she can get, but even granny has already opened the door by the time I get around.