F355 OBD2 question | FerrariChat

F355 OBD2 question

Discussion in '348/355' started by spider348, Dec 11, 2007.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. spider348

spider348 Formula 3

Nov 3, 2003
    MA
    Full Name:
    John
    Have a ’97 F355, my understanding this is an OBD2 car. Listed on the Ricambi site is an adapter OBD2CBL: OBD2 Interface Cable for Ferrari. The listing states the cable is required to allow non-Ferrari shops to connect to the computer system used to test emissions. Apparently the Ferrari connector is not universal. Do I require this cable to get my car tested here in MA? The equipment my garage uses is standard for the majority of cars tested. Cannot get the car there to determine fit due to ice and snow.
    Putting together an order for Daniel and need to know if I should add this adapter. Thanks, John.

2. gothspeed

gothspeed F1 World Champ

May 26, 2006
    U.S.A.
    Full Name:
    goth
    The OBDII code reader I have (innova 3100) fits the OBD port on my 1997. I believe most smog shops should have adapters if they need them......

3. UConn Husky

UConn Husky F1 Rookie

Nov 11, 2006
    CT
    Full Name:
    Jay
    No special cable should be needed, two local shops connected their system no problem. However there was a service bulletin on the OBDII port to fix one of the pins - mine wouldn't connect and was never updated, so I had the dealer fix it at no charge. Then connected fine, to emissions and my own OBDII reader.