How reliable were the twin turbo testarossas? | FerrariChat

How reliable were the twin turbo testarossas?

Discussion in 'Boxers/TR/M' started by silvergts1998, Dec 11, 2007.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. silvergts1998

silvergts1998 Formula 3

Apr 10, 2005
    ky
    Full Name:
    Adam
    I see videos of the Koenig Testarossa and was wondering how powerful they were and also how reliable? Were these cars built to take on the power of turbos? Some of the videos I saw didn't seem to be too impresssive when going against other cars. Just curious to see how these things made out. I wouldn't think the trannys would hold up.

2. AHudson

AHudson F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 7, 2005
    Florida
    Full Name:
    Adams Hudson
    Don't even think about it. Just stop it. Put the tools up, start a crossword puzzle, buy a Soduku puzzle book, LEAVE THE GARAGE PREMISES NOW while you still can. Plan to take your newly serviced and beautifully done Testarossa on a few hundred mile ride and pretend you never posed this question. No charge for the life-saving, sanity-preserving advice.

3. silvergts1998

silvergts1998 Formula 3

Apr 10, 2005
    ky
    Full Name:
    Adam
    LOL!

You were sorta reading my mind. But as cool as I think it would be, I wouldn't do it because of the tranny being the weak link (I am assuming). It wouldn't be too hard putting a Turbo on these cars. Plenty of room and a nice piggy back system computer would take care of the fuel and timing.

4. uzz32soarer

uzz32soarer F1 Rookie

Sep 9, 2006
    Melbourne, Australia
    Full Name:
    Robert Hayden
    Nah, a nice whipple twin screw supercharger will drop right in the middle when you take the KE Jetronic off the car.

Intake thru the top and pressure from behind thye blower into twin pipes feeding each throttle body. Then run an injector bank like a 512TR and an engine management system and you will have an awesome GeeGee.