Info for Bullfighter, owner of a black 328GTS | FerrariChat

Info for Bullfighter, owner of a black 328GTS

Discussion in '308/328' started by parkerfe, Dec 12, 2007.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. parkerfe

parkerfe F1 World Champ

Sep 4, 2001
    Cumming, Georgia
    Full Name:
    Franklin E. Parker
    FYI, Bo Pirkle, a prior owner of your 328GTS, has the original window sticker that he will sell for a reasonable charge. You can reach Bo at his shop at 770.939.6982.

2. Irishman

Irishman F1 Rookie

Oct 13, 2005
    Raleigh
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    Shipping sounds reasonable to me.

3. parkerfe

parkerfe F1 World Champ

Sep 4, 2001
    Cumming, Georgia
    Full Name:
    Franklin E. Parker
    Since only one original window sticker exist for that particular 328GTS VIN, the seller can name the price and it is up to the buyer to decide if he is willing to pay it or not. Pure supply and demand economics...I love capitalism..don't you...

4. miketuason

miketuason F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2006
    Cerritos, CA.
    Full Name:
    Mike
    How about an original window sticker for 84 GTS QV, does anybody has a copy?

5. parkerfe

parkerfe F1 World Champ

Sep 4, 2001
    Cumming, Georgia
    Full Name:
    Franklin E. Parker
    You will need to post your VIN number as window stickers are VIN specific...

6. Bullfighter

Bullfighter Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jan 26, 2005
    Indian Wells, California
    Full Name:
    Jon
    Will give Bo a call. Bo knows Ferraris.

7. barcheta

barcheta F1 Rookie

Nov 15, 2003
    Maryland
    Full Name:
    Jim
    i've printed out a couple for a few folks.... shoot me a PM with your completeVin/Ext. Color/interior color... and we'll talk.

8. parkerfe

parkerfe F1 World Champ

Sep 4, 2001
    Cumming, Georgia
    Full Name:
    Franklin E. Parker
    How can you do that? The Ferrari window sticker has the shipper name, original selling dealers name and a lot of other info and codes that are specific to that particle VIN...I suppose you could create generic one from a real one by substituting the info...

9. barcheta

barcheta F1 Rookie

Nov 15, 2003
    Maryland
    Full Name:
    Jim
    You are correct sir..... not alot of options on a QV and my car has them all.... SO.... I can add and subtract whatever. :)

actually the only codes are for paint if I remember correctly... nothing else is tied directly to a vin on a car that old.... at least it isn't on mine

10. irondogmike

irondogmike F1 Rookie

Sep 8, 2006
    San Diego area
    Full Name:
    Michael Tucker
    can you do one for 85 qv? if so I'll send you the vin#

11. bls2219

bls2219 Rookie

Oct 3, 2007
    Boerne, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bill
    Can you do that for a 1981 GTBi?

12. lee328gts

lee328gts Formula Junior

Aug 8, 2004
    planet earth
    Full Name:
    Lee
    If it was me i would have just gave it to you. This guy is going to charge you for a piece of paper? How lame is that............

13. miketuason

miketuason F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2006
    Cerritos, CA.
    Full Name:
    Mike
    PM sent, thank you.:)

14. barcheta

barcheta F1 Rookie

Nov 15, 2003
    Maryland
    Full Name:
    Jim
    how lame is it for you to make blanket assumptions?

15. barcheta

barcheta F1 Rookie

Nov 15, 2003
    Maryland
    Full Name:
    Jim
    sure... shoot me a PM and I'll see what I can do

16. mla575

mla575 Karting

Jul 8, 2007
    Vernon, CT
    Full Name:
    Marc
    He may have been responding to the original post on this topic...?

"If it was me i would have just gave it to you. This guy is going to charge you for a piece of paper? How lame is that............ "

pretty much my thought... the american way!? capitalism!?

17. Bullfighter

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jan 26, 2005
    Indian Wells, California
    Full Name:
    Jon
    I'm not buying a window sticker. I'd like to reunite it with the car, because it's a unique car with a very cool history. RacerX even told me how he chased down a missing screwdriver from the toolkit so the next owner could have the full original set. I sure as hell won't be profiteering by parting out any of the stuff that goes with this car if/when I sell. This car's been a labor of love for a few guys -- it's not a money thing for me.

Not sure whether Bo would ask money for the sticker. We talked for 20 minutes today (he has either his blue 308 sticker or the black met 328 sticker -- needed to check and call me back). He owned the car for 11 years and 6000 miles and was excited to 'meet' me and get photos of its recent Concorso Italiano 'Best V8 Ferrari' win (the car won a best-of-show for Bo in 1989 just before he sold it to FChat-er RacerX).

For those who don't know Bo, he would actually shine the coil springs by drawing a towel through them, and wax the backs of the wheels so brake dust would just rinse off -- probably the most serious detail guy I've ever talked to. If you look at the undercarriage of my car, you can tell it was basically worshipped for a decade. I still leave skid marks before puddles, lol.

18. barcheta

barcheta F1 Rookie

Nov 15, 2003
    Maryland
    Full Name:
    Jim
    you might be right... If that's the case I apologize for jumping the gun. I would agree with others though if its the one that came with the car it should be with the car.... why charge for it?

19. ArtS

ArtS F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 11, 2003
    Central NJ
    Jon,

Good luck, I hope Bo has the window sticker for yours rather than for the blue one!

To all those complaining that Bo should give the window sticker to Jon for free should hang around the Vintage section or the Dino section. While I agree that it would be nice to reunite all of the original paperwork for free, there is now a market for Ferrari ephemera and as far as I know, window stickers are quite rare. This material is not required to make the car go and has a significant value on its own - an owner's pouch for a 250 that is on ebay has been bid to $15,850 as of this post.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=300180157225&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT&ih=020

So, in my opinion, it would be more than generous of the owner of the document to sell cheaply, or give away, a document that may have considerable value (it may not be worth the stupid money that is being bid on the 250 pouch, but it is definately worth some $$).

Regards,

Art S.

20. Bullfighter

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jan 26, 2005
    Indian Wells, California
    Full Name:
    Jon
    Any idea of the market value of a 328 window sticker?

21. blainewest

blainewest Formula Junior

Aug 26, 2005
    Kelowna, BC
    Full Name:
    Blaine W
    Another way to look at this...since the sticker is really useless to anyone else, the only person who might attach a market value to it is the owner of that specific 328...talk about a limited market. Seems to me if the seller wants to sell it he should take what he's offered from this buyer because.....he's the only one out there. IMHO the decent thing to do is just mail it to the 328 owner. Life is not, and should not, always be about maximum profit and self interest. Give him the damn piece of paper!

22. Birdman

Birdman F1 Veteran

Jun 20, 2003
    North shore, MA
    Full Name:
    THE Birdman
    If I happened upon the window sticker for another fchatters car, I would take great delight in giving it to him for free.

Birdman

23. 330GT2+2

330GT2+2 Formula Junior

Nov 19, 2005
    Texas
    Full Name:
    330gt2+2
    -Don't understand this.....this is not a $15k Dino tool kit or a Original Hemi car build sheet or jack for a '58 Corvette or a vintage ANYTHING for that matter- with due respect it is a window sticker for a mid 80's Ferrari that should have gone with the car to start with....yet some say it's the only one and buyer should pay whatever the seller wants???????????? what good does it do the previous owner? and now it's held for ransom and brought to the present owners attention by non other than mr. parker(whom I'm sure would gladly pay if it was his sticker for his Boxer we were discussing)

How about "just found this and it should have went with the car when sold....Merry Christmas!!!!!!!!!!!!"

24. ArtS

ArtS F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 11, 2003
    Central NJ
    Frank,

That would be the generous thing to do. However, it isn't required. There is a separate market for Ferrari ephemera, some people collect it and don't even own a Ferrari! Personally, I would find a window sticker more interesting than books and tools. That said, if anyone comes across the sticker for 7919, I'll gladly accept it as a gift or pay a small (very small) ransom for it ;) .

Regards,

Art S.

PS, what SN is your 330?

25. VTChris

VTChris F1 World Champ

Aug 21, 2005
    I completely agree