Floyd "Money" Mayweather F430 in DUB magazine | FerrariChat

Floyd "Money" Mayweather F430 in DUB magazine

Discussion in '360/430' started by James in Denver, Dec 10, 2007.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. James in Denver

James in Denver Formula 3

May 23, 2006
    Centennial Colorado
    Full Name:
    James in Denver
    I was walking around (in Wal-mart of all places) and saw a glimpse of a 430 on the front of a magazine. Turns out this magazine is called "Dub" and you can guess what most of the magazine is about.

However, this month's cover (1 of 2 covers? weird style of publishing....) was Floyd "Money" Mayweather and his car collection including a rather exclusive 430. Here's the article:
    http://www.dubdaily.com/?p=808

I did a search and this was mentioned only once that I found in the 430 section: http://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/showthread.php?t=147266

Interesting customization on the rear of the 430.

Figured everyone would get a kick out of it.

James in Denver

2. SSNISTR

SSNISTR F1 Veteran

Feb 13, 2004
    SFL
    Horrible....

3. Far Out

Far Out F1 Veteran

Feb 18, 2007
    Stuttgart, Germany
    Full Name:
    Florian
  4. FT1

FT1 Rookie

Aug 27, 2007
    USA
    Full Name:
    Fred
    To Floyd Mayweather, his Ferrari (and other cars) are no different than his jewelry...basically something to customize and make exclusive. I'm not bothered by what Floyd had done to his Ferrari. To each his own.

BTW, those are diamond encrusted boxing gloves. Not my style, but when you're pocketing $6,000,000 -to- $11,000,000 per fight, you do what you want and to h*ll with what people think.

5. Billy10mm

Billy10mm Formula Junior

Nov 11, 2003
    Westchester
    Full Name:
    Billy Ng
    He'll be broke by 45.

Bill

6. FT1

FT1 Rookie

Aug 27, 2007
    USA
    Full Name:
    Fred
    Bill, I seriously doubt he'll be broke by 45. He has many business interests outside of boxing and is connected with some heavy hitter entrepreneurs. The guy's no dummy. An older uncle of mine use to say "guys like Puffy and Jay Z will end up like MC Hammer." Well, each is now worth over $500 million. These guys are a lot sharper than most give them credit for. Heck, 50 Cent got a $100 Million payout from Vitamin Water because he went for stock instead of a paycheck. Mayweather, Jay-Z, and others parlay that "bling" image into millions...

7. M.James

M.James F1 Rookie

Jun 6, 2003
    Worcester, MA
    Full Name:
    Michael.C.James
    ...last I read, 50 Cent's stock options in Vitamin Water were worth $400 Million at the time of Vitamin Water's purchase by Coke or PepsiCo.....

8. ZAMIRZ

ZAMIRZ Formula Junior

Dec 9, 2003
    SoCal
    Full Name:
    Amir
    Welcome to 7 years ago.

It isn't just a magazine anymore, they put on custom car shows and have the celebrities and mainstream media figures come out with their cars and such.

9. The Ape

The Ape Formula 3

Feb 28, 2007
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Ape
    it's his money, he can do what he wants with it.

10. texasmr2

texasmr2 Two Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Oct 22, 2007
    Houston
    Full Name:
    Gregg
    So very true but it also just goes to show a person with too much money & no taste at all! Kinda like the lite blue '94 Lincoln Town Car I saw today rollin on 22's DUB"S with huge lettering on the side that said '94 Lincoln Town Car', I put down my window so the driver could see me laughing at them!

11. The Ape

The Ape Formula 3

Feb 28, 2007
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Ape
    There is no such thing as too much money. If I could I would own more cars than I have now. The 599 would be number one on my list!
    Taste is another issue. I happen to agree that he has horrible taste. My 430 is Black on Black and stock. I wouldn't buy a red 599 or any
    red Ferrari for that matter. I just dont like red cars. Now the Lincoln you mentioned....NO EXCUSE!

12. texasmr2

BANNED

Oct 22, 2007
    Houston
    Full Name:
    Gregg
    So very true, my bad, as usual the statement is made by someone who cannot afford a Ferrari at this time, ME! LOL

13. cig1

cig1 F1 Rookie

May 3, 2005
    In front of you
    Here we go again

G

14. The Ape

The Ape Formula 3

Feb 28, 2007
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Ape
    LOL!!! I get it bro. Just because I own a Ferrari doesn't mean I can afford it!!

15. texasmr2

BANNED

Oct 22, 2007
    Houston
    Full Name:
    Gregg
    Please enlighten me?

16. 993 911

993 911 Formula Junior

Jan 16, 2007
    Portland, OR
    Full Name:
    Jack D
    I imagine he's talking about a SLR McLaren and not a F1? Would be interesting to see chinchilla in a McLaren F1.....Ralph?

17. asds3x

asds3x Karting

Oct 11, 2004
    It's his money and his cars. He can do what he wants with them.

For those who can't stand what he has done to his cars, let's see you say it to his face.

18. The Ape

The Ape Formula 3

Feb 28, 2007
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Ape
    Chill bro......were just having fun here

19. texasmr2

BANNED

Oct 22, 2007
    Houston
    Full Name:
    Gregg
    Hell I would !!!! I think he would say "it's cool bro wanna go for a ride?" If my word's led to him kicking my a$$ that's cool too but then after the settlement MY F430 plate's would say 'ThanksFloyd' !

20. The Ape

The Ape Formula 3

Feb 28, 2007
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Ape
    LMAO!!!!

21. JohnMinor07

JohnMinor07 Karting

Dec 4, 2007
    PNW
    Full Name:
    John M
    LOL

I wouldn't exactly consider just about any car in DUB magazine my taste. Not even the Ferrari's.

22. EVILZ33

EVILZ33 Formula Junior

Feb 2, 2007
    chicago
    the cars didnt look as bad as i thought but i wish ricky woulda put him in his place

23. FT1

FT1 Rookie

Aug 27, 2007
    USA
    Full Name:
    Fred
    Mayweather is pound for pound, one of the greatest boxers of all time, and he's still in his prime! His body of work as a fighter dwarfs Hattons. Plus this was Hatton's first fight of that magnitude, so Ricky had about a snowball's chance in hades of "putting him in his place." I pray they don't fight again cause it'll be the same result.

24. normhuff

normhuff Formula Junior

Dec 14, 2003
    Peoria, IL
    Full Name:
    J. Norman Huff, Esq.
    What always makes me cringe in these poses is people sitting on these beautiful cars, let alone resting a metal finger ring on top of the paint finish. Might as well just climb atop the bonnet, cop a squat, and cross those legs to show off the alligator-skin cowboy boots while you're at it...

25. 4REphotographer

4REphotographer F1 Veteran

Oct 22, 2006
    Arlington, VA
    Full Name:
    Chris
    I met him a few years ago at the Land Rover dealer in Vegas. He had the whole entourage there and a CL55AMG with some huge wheels out front, not exactly the nicest guy but I guess if you get the attention all the time it gets annoying.