David Maher on the Ferrari Scuderia Launch Party | FerrariChat

David Maher on the Ferrari Scuderia Launch Party

Discussion in '360/430' started by mpaub1386, Dec 13, 2007.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. mpaub1386

mpaub1386 Karting

Jul 7, 2007
    Cleveland, TN
    Full Name:
    Matthew Bottoms
  2. SrfCity

SrfCity F1 World Champ

If this guy spent 300 large on the car I'd doubt he'd be whipping it around the track like he claims he would.

3. 993 911

993 911 Formula Junior

Jan 16, 2007
    Portland, OR
    Full Name:
    Jack D
    Why is that?

4. amenasce

amenasce Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 17, 2001
    Full Name:
    Joe Mansion
    Hmm some Ferraris are twitchy..

5. RBK

RBK F1 Rookie

Jul 27, 2006
    Calif and Nev
    Full Name:
    Bob
    I am curious to understand how user "street" friendly, is the Scudaria? It appears to be less comfortable and as noisy inside as a Z-06. As a Ferrari lover, I am not looking for a fight, and not making a comparison, but wonder how those who own the car (honestly) "feel" about it as a daily driver? Don't misunderstand me, if I had more garage space and could get on the list, I would be tempted, just not sure where to place it yet. Best

6. absent

absent F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Nov 2, 2003
    illinois
    Full Name:
    mark k.
    Usually I am on the opposite spectrum when Maher is involved but in the case of Scuderia and the large (if not majority) number of new Ferrari buyers,he is right on the money.
    The example of "overweight gentleman" complaining at "twitchy" handling of his 599 is soo typical,guys talking with their asses instead of brains....
    He is also right about the sad fact that most of these poor Scuderias will never go faster then 70mph ,let alone be "excercised" on a proper track.

7. SrfCity

SrfCity F1 World Champ

It'd be raw.(rubber floor mats, no carpeting, louder, sounds of road pebbles hitting wheel wells, rougher ride etc.) Just like the CS. Some people love that while others prefer a regular 360/430. It really is an acquired taste and the reality is that it isn't for everyone. A dealer told me that early on there were CS owners who quietly sold their cars because they couldn't handle that rawness.(few actually admitted it though) The 430S certainly is a helluva car but probably best as a "special" car. I doubt that many will see the track, in the US anyway.

8. PCH

PCH F1 Rookie

Apr 7, 2004
    Then what do you think this car was primarily designed for?

9. SrfCity

SrfCity F1 World Champ

Duh, dunno whatdoyou think?

10. RBK

RBK F1 Rookie

Jul 27, 2006
    Calif and Nev
    Full Name:
    Bob
    Makes sense - thanks. Best