365 gtc/4 owners? | FerrariChat

365 gtc/4 owners?

Discussion in 'Vintage (thru 365 GTC4)' started by modmaki, Dec 17, 2007.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. modmaki

modmaki Formula 3

Sep 11, 2006
    Michigan,USA
    Full Name:
    Mo Makki
    i 've been a member of f chat for more than a year and i rarely see any posts about 365 gtc/4.....owners where are you?.........and i don't want to hear they're on the 365 registery.....MO

2. michael bayer

michael bayer Formula 3

Aug 4, 2004
    And that's why it is so little about about them here

3. Lemke

Lemke F1 Rookie

Oct 27, 2004
    Vancouver, WA
    Full Name:
    Daniel
    Do a search. There are a few threads but not very many. And yes a lot of them are on the 365 registry even though you didnt want to hear that.

4. 365GTC/4

365GTC/4 Formula 3

Apr 7, 2005
    Melbourne, Australia
    Full Name:
    John
    You don't want to know the truth?? They are on www.365gtc4.com and on Tom Yangs site. What specifically do you want to know?
    John

5. ArtS

ArtS F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 11, 2003
    Central NJ
    There are a number of 365GTC4 owners on Tom Yang's website.

Regards,

Art S.

6. modmaki

modmaki Formula 3

Sep 11, 2006
    Michigan,USA
    Full Name:
    Mo Makki
    the couple times i was on the registry seemed not very iteractive site like this one

7. BIGHORN

BIGHORN In Memoriam

Sep 18, 2006
    FLORIDA/NEW MEXICO
    Full Name:
    JOHN F KELLY
    In addition to the above posted reasons for lack of C4 coverage, there were only 500 made and they have seemed to have a disproportionatly low survival rate.

I looked for a good C4 for years...lot of s**tboxes out there. Finally got one about 10 years ago and really like it.

C4s may have had the same problem 400s etc have now... low value leads to neglect.

8. modmaki

modmaki Formula 3

Sep 11, 2006
    Michigan,USA
    Full Name:
    Mo Makki
    just got mine late summer..i haven't driven it yet ,its getting a major and new front seats.... we'll see how she performs this spring...can't wait.........MO

9. geffen365gtc/4

geffen365gtc/4 Karting

Mar 12, 2005
    Evening All......Let me say that i'm happy to talk about my C4. I'm the proud owner of 14957......a 1971 365 GTC/4. Red w/ tan leather. I've owned the car about 4 years, and yes, this is my 1st Ferrari. Prior to this car, I had never even driven a Ferrari. My car has only covered about 19k miles in her life....the interior is PERFECT, and she's had one repaint. It's a single stage paint ( no clear ) As such, i'm not sure when it was applied. Obviously, the car has sat most of its life. I've had to address some small issues I.E. rear brake overhaul, new rear wheel bearings, door weather seal, new plugs / plug boots, new hood struts. I know that I jumped into the deep end of the pool with a 36 year old unloved v12.......i'm okay with that. I want the car that not many other people have....that certainly is the case with the C4. Some people don't care for its looks.....I can't think of a more beautiful car. FerrariChat has been a great resource tool. I did have one problem that seemed to elude me......there was a stumble in the car from about 2500-3500 rpm...I couldn't figure it out. A fellow fchat member from Berlin had the same issue with his 365 GT4 2+2. He fixed the problem by simply changing the main jets from a 125 to a 135.......problem solved. She now pulls strong and smooth to redline.
    I was able to meet Mario Andretti last year at a local event......I had him sign the passenger sun visor. The local paper did a nice story. These older cars are what Ferrari is all about.

Geffen365gtc/4

10. sam231

sam231 Formula Junior
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Aug 5, 2004
    RI
    We C/4 owners are a quiet bunch, but we sure can PARTY HARD!

Seriously, I think some of the reasons mentioned (small number of cars, neglected model) are valid answers to why there is little chat from C/4 owners here. I for one spend more time on the Tom Yang and C/4 websites because they seem to be more focused on the technical. mechanical and driving issues of older Ferraris. As a reflection of that focus, I have had the fortune to attend three Tom Yang East Coast parties and while the food and camraderie were great, we spent most of our time going in, under and over cars on lifts, comparing notes, then best of all, driving them to feel the differences.

11. Daytonafan

Daytonafan F1 Rookie

Oct 18, 2003
    Surrey, England
    Full Name:
    Matthew
    #11 Daytonafan, Dec 19, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  12. Lemke

Lemke F1 Rookie

Oct 27, 2004
    Vancouver, WA
    Full Name:
    Daniel
    Does someone have a link to Tom Yang's site?

13. 365GTC/4

365GTC/4 Formula 3

Apr 7, 2005
    Melbourne, Australia
    Full Name:
    John
    MO
    The www.365gtc4.com board is great for 2 main reasons. Firstly Jeff (the guy who runs it) and everyone there are very helpful and friendly. I live in Australia but when I have twice visited the US, Jeff has very kindly organised drives, dinners and visits to exceptional car collections. Great fun. Secondly there are members that have pulled these C4s apart right down to nuts and bolts and more importantly put them back together again without bits left over, and the cars then go hard. A few have detailed photo records of this so they are INVALUABLE in giving advise and assistance if you work on these cars yourself. So if you have any specific questions about your car please post a question on the C4 registry site and you will get real expert answers, not BS.
    I hope you enjoy your C4 as I do mine. They are very easy to drive even in heavy traffic, including in supermarket car parks, but the real fun starts when you drive them up through the gears to red line on a road that has sweeping bends. The noise (read music) for a car guy is intoxicating. Great fun.
    Cheers
    John

14. SCantera

SCantera F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 4, 2004
    Living Falls NC
    Many of us seem to agree that the C/4 is often an underappreciated car. My first time in a C/4 was as on our honeymoon 30 yrs ago. My wife and I traveled all over the East coast in a C/4 and had a great trip. Mountains, beach even NYC were stops on this 2 week excursion. That particular C/4 is long gone. But I just acquired another in October. It joins my Dino, GTC and 575 in my modest collection.

In early November we took it to Hilton Head for a car weekend. At the car club show on Saturday Bill Marriott [acting as judge] picked it as Best in Show. Surprised me greatly, but I guess it shouldn't. Bill knows his cars and must have an understanding of what a good car it is. More practical than a Boxer or Daytona for the type of driving we do in the States. It is truly a luxury touring GT. I plan on taking some long trips in my new 35 year old car. I think you will really learn to appreciate what a nice all round Ferrari it is.