Comming to Toronto.... | FerrariChat

Comming to Toronto....

Discussion in 'Canada' started by Tod328gts, Dec 14, 2007.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Tod328gts

Tod328gts Formula Junior

Jul 23, 2003
    River Forest, IL
    Full Name:
    Tod Whitmore
    Ok, this is kind of funny, i have been to Toronto a few times now and my Girl friend use to work for the City in the Board of Tourism, (Something like that?) She sold the city for large conventions. Any ways, her family lives there in Mississauga and every time we come there, my sightseeing adventure is done as drive bys and my girl friend pointing at buildings telling me what they are. HAH! So we visit her sisters and all her girl friends, needless to say, i end up with the short end of the stick on what to do or where to go...

I still haven't experienced one of those famous donuts from Tim (what ever his name is? Horton or something??) hahaha

So, we are comming from the 21st until the 25th to visit, what things to do are great for a guy to check out there in Toronto? Any Ferrari dealers or stores? Any cool museums ??? If i knew a head of time, i can pester my girlfriend until she takes me there... HAH!

Hows the weather there??? I am asuming it's about the same as we have here in Chicago... Snow...ice...cold....

Thanks,
    Tod

2. JamesSimpson

JamesSimpson F1 Rookie

Jun 29, 2005
    Toronto,CANADA
    Full Name:
    James Simpson
    check out the ROM)royal ontario museum....the AGO(art gallery)....ferrari and lamborghini dealers.....me.....the rogers centre, the cn tower, hmmmm i live here and thats all i can think of and i don't even go to them.....i gotta get out more!

3. MannyGMT2

MannyGMT2 Formula Junior

Feb 27, 2006
    Montreal, Canada
    gonna do some hijacking here...

well, if you want to party and excellent night life, take the 401E ...drive about 4 hours, and come to Montreal.... lol

4. starboy444

starboy444 F1 Veteran

Oct 7, 2006
    Toronto, Canada
    Full Name:
    Lucas
    I can't believe you've been to Toronto and never seen a Tim Hortons' donut shop!

Go visit a Tim Hortons, their donuts and coffee are much more important than the Museum and art gallery put together !

If it wasn't for Tim Hortons, the government and economy would fall apart.

LOLL

5. Newman

Newman F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner Professional Ferrari Technician

Dec 26, 2001
    Canada
    Full Name:
    Newman
    Dunkin donuts are the best by far so dont waste your 0.99 on a tims donut. The line ups are for the coffee, which aint that great either. Pass on the ROM, go to ferrari of ontario on steeles in woodbridge and hook up with some of us ferrari guys for a time to remember.

P.

6. MS250

MS250 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Dec 10, 2003
    Full Name:
    Avvocato
    +100

I gotta agree with you. Only thing i would change though, he should visit your garage and my garage...we have more unique peices than FoO ;)

7. Jay GT4

Jay GT4 F1 Rookie

Oct 16, 2001
    La mamma dei fessi
    Full Name:
    e sempre incinta
    ROM is excellent, I think it is free after 6:00 on Friday's (at least it was last year). If you're into it there is skating at harbourfront and City Hall. CN tower is cool for the views of the city but unfortunately our lakefront is horrible compared to Chicago's. If you wanna shop for suits there is "Tom's Place" in Kennsington Market (just beside China Town) but coming from the US you probably have similar deals. Also head to "MEZZINI'S" on the Danforth for an authentic Greek Gyro...complete with french fries. I saw "We Will Rock You" last week the Queen musical and it was a lot of fun, they are having a seat sale right now...best seats for $50. It's playing at the Canon theater on Yonge St.

8. ClassicFerrari

ClassicFerrari F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jan 7, 2004
    Toronto
    Full Name:
    Vasco
    Have fun in our city. There is another recent "coming to Toronto" thread close by if you wanna search it. Forget the donut talk. Rick and Paul can use a few less :D....Our city has a hell of alot more to offer than donuts I assure you.

Welcome to Toronto! :)

9. Newman

Newman F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner Professional Ferrari Technician

Dec 26, 2001
    Canada
    Full Name:
    Newman
    Speak for Ric, lol im fine!

10. Tod328gts

Tod328gts Formula Junior

Jul 23, 2003
    River Forest, IL
    Full Name:
    Tod Whitmore
    Thanks for all the suggestions... I noted everything down, but of course, i will only be in town for about 4 days, i think my girlfriend and her sisters have everything already figured out, so, i just follow them. My girlfriend said she is finally going to try and take me to the CN Tower, even though she said she has been to it over a thousand times, HAH! As for Tim's Doughnuts, thanks for the edvice, i'll stop bugging my girlfriend to take me there now, no wonder she hasn't taken me there yet. HAH!

She did mention that there is some famous fried chicken place you guys have that we don't have here in the states, forgot the name of it...

The other place i have been wanting to see and haven't yet, but i don't think the winter time is the best time to go, is Niagra falls.... Maybe save that for the summer time when we visit.

Hey, i have also been approached by a few of our Chicago FOC and F-chat guys to come to Toronto in June to the FOC Concours??? Thinking about it, but taking the drive in my 328 with me and my girlfriend, that leaves no room for luggage. HAH! But i do have a trailer i can take my 328 on??? Hmmmm???? I have a few months to think about that.... :)

Thanks again, lets hope chicago/Toronto don't get any snow on friday when we leave.... I hate Airport delays...... LOL!

Tod

11. ClassicFerrari

Lifetime Rossa

Jan 7, 2004
    Toronto
    Full Name:
    Vasco
    Tod, have fun! It looks like you got it figured out. We really do have many places to see and things to do and would be impossible to do all in just 4 days. If you get a chance to go downtown, you must stop in the Bay and Bloor area (Yorkville). It's a rather upper crust area with some of the best shopping and retaurants. Also lots of galleries, museum etc etc.

As for the fried chicken, I am afraid that fried chicken is not as popular in Canada as it is in the states. Are you talking about Popeye's? Sorry but never been...never will. However, if you are really into chicken then we have some of the best grilled. I am partial as all the best chicken places are all Portuguese :D

12. starboy444

starboy444 F1 Veteran

Oct 7, 2006
    Toronto, Canada
    Full Name:
    Lucas
    You are the polo loco !

:D

I can only think of 2 "chicken" places, 'St Huberts', and maybe the famous 'Chicken deli'?

13. ClassicFerrari

Lifetime Rossa

Jan 7, 2004
    Toronto
    Full Name:
    Vasco
    Heeeey Flamerboy what's up? Long time no see bro. It's been a while. No wonder it's been quiet around here ;):D

14. starboy444

starboy444 F1 Veteran

Oct 7, 2006
    Toronto, Canada
    Full Name:
    Lucas
    Whats up Vasco....I've just been trolling F-Chat these days.....not too much to post about. I've had alot of good news and bad news to deal with at home these few days..:):(

It looks like BigRick and PranSingh_horse will have the RCMP bugging their IP address very soon! LOL

15. ClassicFerrari

Lifetime Rossa

Jan 7, 2004
    Toronto
    Full Name:
    Vasco
    Well hopefully there is more good than bad dude. And whatever is bad....well, let's just hope it aint so bad.

As for Rick, well he's a big boy. If he wants to maintain his ball breaking status he'll have to roll with the punches :D

16. MS250

Lifetime Rossa

Dec 10, 2003
    Full Name:
    Avvocato
    as if this would be my first time :D:D

Whats the good and bad ?? Whats going on ??

17. starboy444

starboy444 F1 Veteran

Oct 7, 2006
    Toronto, Canada
    Full Name:
    Lucas
    Good things are, that I get a 2 week vacation for the Christmas holidays........and I'm going to party my ass off next week.

Bad things are, I didn't do any Christmas shopping yet, and I have to go to a funeral during the holidays. :(

18. MS250

Lifetime Rossa

Dec 10, 2003
    Full Name:
    Avvocato
    sounds s.hitty...sorry to hear

19. starboy444

starboy444 F1 Veteran

Oct 7, 2006
    Toronto, Canada
    Full Name:
    Lucas
    Oh, and I think I'm coming down with the flu.

perfect timing, eh??

20. ClassicFerrari

Lifetime Rossa

Jan 7, 2004
    Toronto
    Full Name:
    Vasco
    Sorry to hear Luca.

21. JamesSimpson

JamesSimpson F1 Rookie

Jun 29, 2005
    Toronto,CANADA
    Full Name:
    James Simpson
    he's gotta be talking about swiss chalet!!!! YES IT IS DELICIOUS!

22. ClassicFerrari

Lifetime Rossa

Jan 7, 2004
    Toronto
    Full Name:
    Vasco
    I didnt say that. :D

23. Tod328gts

Tod328gts Formula Junior

Jul 23, 2003
    River Forest, IL
    Full Name:
    Tod Whitmore

YES! Thats it.... I guess it's a rotisurary Chicken and not fried chicken is what thier known for???

24. MS250

Lifetime Rossa

Dec 10, 2003
    Full Name:
    Avvocato
    go for the half chicken dinner, its only $2.00 more than the quarter white, plus you get more fries on the plate ;)

25. starboy444

starboy444 F1 Veteran

Oct 7, 2006
    Toronto, Canada
    Full Name:
    Lucas
    If it wasn't for the gravy and hot buns, Swiss Chalet would be broke.

The chicken has gotten worse over the years. It now tastes like rubber and stucco.