Gran Turismo ???? | FerrariChat

Gran Turismo ????

Discussion in 'Maserati' started by $$$=SPEED, Dec 15, 2007.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. $$$=SPEED

$$$=SPEED F1 Veteran

Aug 18, 2004
    Portland, Or. USA
    Full Name:
    Depends who's asking
    Love the new GT and thinking of picking one up? I have a few questions maybe someone cold help with?

Is there a sportier version planned?

If so when and what will in entail?

I love he car but would like some more performance?

After market exhaust available yet? If so anyone have one?

For those owners out there if what is your take on the car? Comparisions to other cars? likes and dislikes of the car?

Thanks

Mike

2. Samimi

Samimi Formula 3

Oct 17, 2005
    North of the 49th
    Full Name:
    S.
    Hopefully JeffB and Mike (icemanbops) will chime in.

3. $$$=SPEED

$$$=SPEED F1 Veteran

Aug 18, 2004
    Portland, Or. USA
    Full Name:
    Depends who's asking
    No one so far huh?

4. JeffB

JeffB Formula 3

Jan 16, 2004
    Northville, Michigan
    Full Name:
    Jeff B
    Hi Mike,

I got mine a couple of weeks ago and was only able to drive it about 3 times before the weather put a halt to that. Here is a thread I created with some pics (and later has some driving & first impressions from me) -

http://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/showthread.php?t=176343

I'm pretty confident a sportier version will be coming out, but you won't get a definitive answer yet. I will indeed get it if/when it comes out, as I'm sure it'll be a nice improvment over the GT, which is already amazing by itself. If I had to guess, it'll be a Gran Sport or something very similar to what a Gran Sport was to the previous model Mase coupe - more powerful, more agressive looking, etc... All of which I love in my cars.

The performance isn't that bad IMO, but like I said in my thread, I don't really care so much about the performance in this car. Like youself, I have a couple of others that will pounce on it if you really want performance, therefore I bought the GT strictly due to it's stunning looks, being a brand new model, etc... It's just such a comfortable & classy ride that I can see myself driving it several days per week, if not daily (although I'm gonna have to fend off my girlfriend, as she is absolutely in love with the car). :)

I'm not sure about any aftermarket exhausts for it yet. I haven't inquired about them. I'm sure Kizdan or one of the other Ferrari/Maserati guys can chime in with some info on that. It wouldn't surprise me if they're not available yet though, as the 3M Stoneguard kit wasn't even available for it when I took delivery. It came in this past week and the car is at the dealership right now having it being put on.

I have no complaints about the car yet and I'm not sure if I ever will. I probably won't know for sure until the Spring, as we just got blanketed with about 8" of snow here in Michigan. I mention the things I like/love about it in the thread above. Bottom line, I strongly recommend the car. I just can't see anybody being disappointed by it unless you're looking for Ferrari/Lambo like power. It doesn't have that, but it's sufficient enough for me and what I want out of it.

5. $$$=SPEED

$$$=SPEED F1 Veteran

Aug 18, 2004
    Portland, Or. USA
    Full Name:
    Depends who's asking

Jeff,

Thanks for your reply. They indeed gorgeous. I absolutely love the styling and the comfort factor. Not as comfy as the Bentley GT I have but much more nimble. I was looking also into the Aston Vantage but think I like the GT much more? I too like my cars more sporty than a base model but not sure I can wait?

Once again thanks and enjoy your cars when the snow melts :)

Mike

6. picric

picric Rookie

Dec 17, 2007
    Merritt Island, FL32952
    If anyone has a picture or has seen an actual GT in rosso mondiale I would love to get ahold of the picture as I am debating what color to order.

7. JeffB

JeffB Formula 3

Jan 16, 2004
    Northville, Michigan
    Full Name:
    Jeff B
    You're welcome. :) I too was interested in the AMV8 for a long time (that was part of the problem, I was on the waiting list for about 2-3 yrs from the day I saw the prototype at the Detroit auto show several years ago). I ended up getting my deposit back and losing interest in it. I hate when the car makers release photos or a prototype of a car 2-3 yrs before it's actually available. What sealed the deal though was me originally being 2nd or 3rd on the list for a long time, but becoming about 10th by the time the car came out. They had to take care of their friends & top customers (understandable I guess), so I would have taken delivery in about August even though they arrived in March or so. I wasn't interested in getting it near the end of the driving season.

Jeff

8. $$$=SPEED

$$$=SPEED F1 Veteran

Aug 18, 2004
    Portland, Or. USA
    Full Name:
    Depends who's asking

I just drove the Gran Turismo yesterday at my local dealer and loved it! Decision made, buying one. The best news is the almost exact one I would have ordered is on the boat now and unspoken for. She is now mine. Nero Carbino, Black interior, silver stitching, titanium claipers (will paint red), front and rear parking sensors 20 inch bird cage wheels, car cover. 6 weeks away :)

Thanks again Jeff!

9. Buzz48317

Buzz48317 F1 Rookie

Dec 5, 2005
    Shelby Twp., MI
    Full Name:
    Michael
    You can configure one in Rosso Mondiale at the Maserati website at www.maseratiusa.com personally I think that the car looks better in dark colors.

10. $$$=SPEED

$$$=SPEED F1 Veteran

Aug 18, 2004
    Portland, Or. USA
    Full Name:
    Depends who's asking
    agreed

11. 360C

360C F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

You Americans and Europeans are getting all the allocations. There is only one GT in Australia so far, and that is a dealer demo. First customer deliveries are in January next year.

12. $$$=SPEED

$$$=SPEED F1 Veteran

Aug 18, 2004
    Portland, Or. USA
    Full Name:
    Depends who's asking
    Orders here are 6 months out or more if you order today as well