My Three Christmas Wishes | FerrariChat

My Three Christmas Wishes

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by sailquik, Dec 19, 2007.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. sailquik

sailquik Formula 3

Feb 27, 2006
    In a temperate zone
    Full Name:
    Charlie
    (Apologies to Steve Martin's classic skit) :)

If I had one Christmas wish, it would be for all the children in the world to hold hands and live in harmony and peace.

If I had two Christmas wishes, the first would be for all the children in the world to hold hands and live in harmony and peace and the second would be to own a 250 SWB, the first vintage Ferrari that I fell in love with before I even knew what a vintage Ferrari was.

If I had three Christmas wishes, the first would be the thing with the kids, then the SWB, except there's too many of them and, since it is a wish and I'm not paying, I'd probably go with a 250 GTO, and the third wish would be to get on that damn MSRP list, at the very top, so I can get the new models before anyone else.

So there you have it. My three wishes for...Oh! wait!... I forgot vengeance! I should wish for revenge against all those jerks that have scratched the hood of my car when posing for pictures, and all those Z06 drivers that have beaten me at stoplight drag races, and that guy in the WRX that passed me in the third corner at the last track event. May they all get flat tires and transmission failures!

So my three wishes...Vengeance first, then the list, then the GTO, or, wait.. the entire contents of Napolis' garage, and finally the holding hands thing. Wait..that's four wishes...ok forget the kids, we've been trying for the last 2000 years for peace and harmony and it hasn't worked out so why even bother with that one?

In conclusion, Vengeance, Power and Money. Yeah that's three.

--------

Seriously folks, keep to the spirit of the season and Happy Holidays to all. :)

2. zippyslug31

zippyslug31 Formula 3

Sep 28, 2007
    PDX
    Full Name:
    Kevin M.
    The other night I saw a rerun of Martin's classic bit..... funnier than hell!

3. FandLcars

FandLcars F1 Rookie

Aug 6, 2006
    Tempe, Az
    Full Name:
    Rick Schumm
    Thanks for the funny post! Although it's great to see Steve Martin in movies, I was always disappointed that he moved away from his comedy. REAL Classics!!

4. sparta49

sparta49 F1 Veteran
    Owner

Mar 3, 2001
    LA
    Full Name:
    Frank
    If you go with enough money the other 2 (vengence and power) should follow

5. Bullfighter

Bullfighter Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jan 26, 2005
    Indian Wells, California
    Full Name:
    Jon
    I rented the Best of Saturday Night Live/Steve Martin disc recently -- I forgot how funny he was,

6. Night life

Night life F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 1, 2007
    The city that rhymes with fun in Canada
    Full Name:
    Roberto
    I think he's even forgotten how funny he was. The jerk was the closest movie to portray his style of comedy, oh ya and when he played Ruprett in
    Dirty Rotten Scoundrels hilarious.

7. cosmicdingo

cosmicdingo Formula Junior

Nov 14, 2005
    Clemson SC
    Full Name:
    E Evans
    Bare in mind that to a Sicilian, revenge is a dish best served cold. Okay forget I said that , apropos of nothing, uhhh MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!

8. Ferrari250GTO

Ferrari250GTO Formula 3

Nov 1, 2006
    Philadelphia PA
    That is what I would want :D ;)