Who is going to be at Cavallino?? | FerrariChat

Who is going to be at Cavallino??

Discussion in 'North & South Carolina' started by marcmc8867, Dec 18, 2007.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. marcmc8867

marcmc8867 Formula Junior

Jul 27, 2004
    NC
    Full Name:
    Marc M.
    Just wondering which NC/SC people will be going to the Cavallino Classic in Palm Beach January 22-27 (Tues-Sun)...?

If so, where are you staying?

1. marcmc8867...My g/f and I are going Fri-Sun and will be staying at the Marriott, West Palm Beach. Breakers is booked.

2. ?

2. BrianC

BrianC Formula Junior

Apr 6, 2004
    North Augusta, SC
    Full Name:
    Brian C
    I'm going again. Haven't missed it since 1994!
    We're staying at the Radisson on Australian Ave.

3. Grigio 308

Grigio 308 Formula Junior

Apr 8, 2004
    Charlotte, NC
    Full Name:
    Kevin Fielden
    I'll be there as well... trip number three for me!
    Also staying at the Radisson.

4. tamf328

tamf328 Formula Junior

Mar 9, 2005
    I'll be going also, we should all try and met up at some point...

5. Ricambi America

Ricambi America F1 World Champ
    Sponsor Owner

I''ll be there:

lectures, track, jet reception, yacht hop, concours. :)

6. BT

BT F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 21, 2005
    FL / GA
    Full Name:
    Bill Tracy
    Meet at the Mid Atlantic Fchatters happy hour at ER Bradleys. I think it is on Friday night and was fu na few years ago! See you all there. I'll be the one in the silver Ginetta for the track day and the red 348ts for the concours... If anyone wants a sub for the track day let me know what you want and I'll provide the free lunch...
    :)
    BT

7. eclipse185

eclipse185 Formula Junior

Oct 25, 2004
    Statesville, NC
    Full Name:
    Rob Whitener
    Never been before. Always heard it was a good time. When is it scheduled? Maybe I can make it this year.

8. Ricambi America

Sponsor Owner

Cool! Look forward to seeing you then!

9. Dincenzo

Dincenzo Formula 3

Oct 11, 2005
    Columbia, SC
    Full Name:
    Adrian
    January 22-27. Usually more Ferraris and Ferrari enthusiasts than you will ever see in one place. Always worth the trip.

http://www.cavallino.com/classic.html

10. paulie_b

paulie_b F1 Veteran
    Consultant Owner

Jan 13, 2003
    Jupiter, FL
    Full Name:
    Paul Bianco
    if anyone is interested, on Saturday 1/26, I will be arranging a place for FChatters to meet for lunch at approx 12:30. One block from The Breakers. Have done it for the past 4-5 years. Typically 30-65 people attend. It is pay as you go. Stay tuned for details and also check the Florida section as well.
    PM to me and include your email address if you want to attend.
    I will need to get a head count.

11. luvnhp

luvnhp Rookie

Dec 25, 2006
    Charlotte, NC
    Full Name:
    Brian Syphard
    Are you guys taking your vehicles and if so are you participating in any of the track events? Any recommendations on transports from Charlotte or is it completely crazy to drive the red mistress?

12. marcmc8867

Jul 27, 2004
    NC
    Full Name:
    Marc M.
    Drive it, man!
    I'm driving my 360 Spider down and back. I don't know which Fcar you have but I know a 360 travels pretty well. I did a 2-week/2500 mile road trip earlier this year. I won't be doing the track events this year though in part because I won't be getting in til the Friday and want to do all the other stuff.

13. luvnhp

luvnhp Rookie

Dec 25, 2006
    Charlotte, NC
    Full Name:
    Brian Syphard
    I have a 2006 f430 spider and would be travelling solo from Charlotte for at least one of the legs. My mother lives in Pomano and the Breakers is booked. How do you work parking and accomodations if not staying at the Breakers.

14. Ricambi America

Sponsor Owner

For me, taking my 348 would just complicate matters too much. At Cavallino, a 348 (or a 430 for that matter) is absolutely chump change. It's sad, but true. There is just so much at Cavallino that the 'normal' Ferraris might as well be Chevys.

For the third year in a row, I'm going for the whole event. But also for the third year in a row, I'm leaving my car in NC and just planning to have fun in Palm Beach without the hassle of a car.

-d

15. marcmc8867

Jul 27, 2004
    NC
    Full Name:
    Marc M.
    I couldn't get into the Breakers either but some of the nearby places had availability a week ago.

As for the car, you'd certainly have a comfortable enough car. I guess it depends on what your intentions have been for the car as it relates to mileage. That's another whole conversation. In my case, I'm putting about 11k/yr on my 360 and planned this annual (although first Cavallino for me) trip within that.

16. ferrarilou

ferrarilou Formula Junior

Apr 13, 2004
    US
    Full Name:
    Lou Menditto
    Does anyone know if they allow spectators to show up on Saturday and pay the fee at the gate? Just yesterday I found out I need to be in Miami tomorrow through Monday morning, so I'd like to drop in on Cavallino on Saturday. Never been there and I know it is beyond their published deadline. Won't have my Ferrari with me.

Lou

17. BrianC

BrianC Formula Junior

Apr 6, 2004
    North Augusta, SC
    Full Name:
    Brian C
    Absolutely, Lou. We are down here in West Palm right now, and we are planning to just buy our tickets at the gate at Moroso tomorrow, and at the Breakers on Saturday.

By the way, we met a friend of yours tonight at the Breakers. He's from Philly, and he has your old car... the Mondial T. I can't recall his name, but I'm sure you know who I'm talking about.

Hope to see you at some of the events!
    Brian

18. ferrarilou

ferrarilou Formula Junior

Apr 13, 2004
    US
    Full Name:
    Lou Menditto
    Great. Hope to see you there. Tell Todd I said 'hi' as well. Thanks.

Lou