I think I need help? | FerrariChat

I think I need help?

Discussion in '308/328' started by PittsS2APilot, Dec 20, 2007.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. PittsS2APilot

PittsS2APilot Formula Junior

Jun 29, 2007
    Gulfport MS
    Full Name:
    Joe
    #1 PittsS2APilot, Dec 20, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Do we have a doctor in Fchat that can advise on a diagnosis? I think I am coming down with something? I don’t know what I have but it seems to be getting worse. It all started about a month ago. In fact Im pretty sure it started on November 19th! Here are the symptoms:

1. When I get out of bed every morning I go straight to the garage to look at the car.
    2. I’ll get ready for work and just before leaving the house, I go to the garage and look at the car.
    3. I’ve noticed I get a goofy smile on my face and my heart starts pounding every time I go to the garage?
    4. When I get to the office I get my first cup of coffee while the computer is booting up. Once online I go straight to Fchat to read threads for about 30 minutes.
    5. Throughout the day I’ll check ebay and various other web pages for Ferrari related parts and memorabilia.
    6. I average one purchase a week from symptom #5.
    7. Throughout the day I talk about the car to anyone who happens to walk into my office. I’ve noticed my staff doesn’t come is so often anymore?
    8. Just before leaving the office I go to Fchat and read threads.
    9. After work, if I stop at any retail outlet I find myself looking for anything that could be considered Ferrari related.
    10. When I get home I’ll set my briefcase down at the front door, walk to the garage and look at the car.
    11. During the evening I may tinker with the car or look through Ferrari related data while watching TV.
    12. I’ll check the TV guide to see if anything Ferrari related is on.
    13. Once or twice during the evening I’ll go to the garage and look at the car.
    14. After getting ready for bed, I’ll go to the garage and look at the car.
    15. The next morning it starts all over again.

What do I have? Is there a name for it? Will it get worse? Is there a cure? Does anyone else have this? Are the symptoms the same for everyone? Gotta go...someone just came into my office...... "hey, how are ya? Sit down and let me tell ya about my car!....................................
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. desire308

desire308 Formula 3

Oct 19, 2007
    Florida
    Full Name:
    Peter W
    Yes...you need another Fcar...in red ;) ... or a 355, then you can watch your bank account

3. PittsS2APilot

Jun 29, 2007
    Gulfport MS
    Full Name:
    Joe
    Well I once heard about a rare Hawaiian disease but I'm pretty sure that I don't have that one...in fact...since Nov 19th I'm 100% sure that I don't have that! :) I thought this could be some kind of new unheard of Itialian disease?

4. SMS

SMS F1 Veteran

Jan 7, 2004
    Indy
    Full Name:
    Bill S.
    I think you're fine. In fact, you might be slacking a little with only 30 minutes in item #4.
    I'm not a Dr., but have driven past a Holiday Inn Express.

5. sparta49

sparta49 F1 Veteran
    Owner

Mar 3, 2001
    LA
    Full Name:
    Frank
    It's called Ferrariitis and I also "suffer" from this disease

6. dinogt4guy

dinogt4guy F1 Rookie

Oct 31, 2004
    Hewitt, Tx.
    Full Name:
    Kurtis Fordice
    You sound perfectly fine to me!

Cheers!

7. vetroresina

vetroresina Karting

Dec 20, 2005
    Netherlands & Germany
    Full Name:
    Marcel
    Wait a few minutes Joe, I have somebody here, who's an expert in these matters.

8. PTIFLIPIOU

PTIFLIPIOU Karting

Aug 26, 2007
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Philippe Pouilloux
    You caught what I have, quite common disease...

It's the Three-o-eightoid Ferrariitis.

I'm afraid you're stuck with it, it's chronic, no known cure. Sorry!

9. 76Steel

76Steel Formula 3

Sep 8, 2007
    New Jersey
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Great to see someone also with same symptoms ... now, I don't feel so bad.

10. spiderseeker

spiderseeker Formula 3

Jul 22, 2005
    Colorado
    Full Name:
    Steve
    You have, what we all have, it's called Ferrari Fever !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    (sorry but there is no cure)

11. vetroresina

vetroresina Karting

Dec 20, 2005
    Netherlands & Germany
    Full Name:
    Marcel
    #11 vetroresina, Dec 20, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  12. PittsS2APilot

Jun 29, 2007
    Gulfport MS
    Full Name:
    Joe
    Marcel, I need to print, frame and hang that in my office! lol Joe

13. siegrisd

siegrisd Rookie

Nov 22, 2006
    Castle Pines, CO
    Full Name:
    Dan Siegrist
    I thought that it was called "Ferrariphilia-Nervosa."

Hmph... so much for the newbie knowing anything. :D

14. miketuason

miketuason F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2006
    Cerritos, CA.
    Full Name:
    Mike
    It's a sickness you don't want to be cure.

15. oregonferrari

oregonferrari Karting

Aug 5, 2006
    Welches Or.
    Full Name:
    Shawn and Cindy
    When you go out to the garage, make sure you get in the car and smell the Italian leather. You need to keep your sense of smell in good shape also.

16. Jdubbya

Jdubbya The $10 Trillion Man
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 28, 2003
    PNW
    Full Name:
    John
    There really is something wrong with you.......... DRIVING the car is nowhere in your list of "symptoms"!!!

When you want to drive the car every time you go somewhere, aren't afraid of putting miles on it, or even (GASP) driving it in the rain, THEN you will be cured of your dreaded disease of "gawker-itis". ;) ;)

Of course you will still have all the same symptoms but will want to drive the car all the time. That's a good thing though!

Enjoy the new toy, the novelty hasn't worn off mine in just over four years of ownership. Good news though is that I am down to only checking eBay once a week instead of several times a day!!

17. 76Steel

76Steel Formula 3

Sep 8, 2007
    New Jersey
    Full Name:
    Mike
    The guy above me - said it best!!!!!!

18. jimshadow

jimshadow F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Feb 19, 2006
    Indiana
    Full Name:
    JIM
    I've had my car for 8 months now and I still check Ebay daily (2 purchases this week alone...) and spend WAYYYYY too many hours here, though I justify it because I don't really have any other vices except golf, which I cannot do right now because of the foot of snow outside... (can't drive either, though I did start her up 2 days ago and got her up to temp. Not to warm her up, but to get the smell of CARBS back in my garage!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

JIM

19. grwiseman

grwiseman Karting

Sep 6, 2005
    Virginia Beach
    you never mentioned the Pitts! You have two similar diseases to me that apparently have no cure. An additional problem for me appears to be fchatting after the wife and kid go to sleep on Christmas night. So, did you drive the 308 to the airport today to fly the S2?

20. PittsS2APilot

Jun 29, 2007
    Gulfport MS
    Full Name:
    Joe
    Before the car, every good day of weather was spent at the hanger but sadly the Pitts has taken a back seat lately. The Pitts has been very good to me over the years with low maint and has always ran like a new one. So I feel like a cheating husband so to speak! lol Now I have two girlfriends, one redhead and one blonde! We've got rain most of this week but newyears day looks good so far. I'll drive the Ferrari to the hanger and fly the pitts for newyears. "What a country!"

21. 328-magnum

328-magnum Rookie

Apr 10, 2007
    Amsterdam, NL
    You are a little overweight :D
    If you don't start reducing your belly you will be soon only watching the F car and not driving it anymore ;)

22. Jdubbya

Jdubbya The $10 Trillion Man
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 28, 2003
    PNW
    Full Name:
    John
    That sounds like a fun day and will satisfy both mistresses!!

23. Red 328 GTS

Red 328 GTS Formula Junior

Aug 27, 2007
    Sydney, Australia
    Hi........ you must be my twin brother!

On a serious note, I noticed that your car is RHD yet presumably you are in the USA?
    I'm in Australia so RHD are what we drive here so I was wondering how you ended up with a RHD car?

Do RHD cars pop up for sale regularly in the US or is your an unusual one off?
    Cheers...... now where's my medication?

Bob.

24. PittsS2APilot

Jun 29, 2007
    Gulfport MS
    Full Name:
    Joe
    Bob, The RED GTB in the beginning of this thread is in the Imperial Palace Auto Museum in Las Vegas. It's a RHD car and I was just using that photo to start the thread. I have a white GTBi that's in my profile. Sorry for any confusion. Oh BTW...the car in vegas was forsale at $100,000! (gulp!) Joe

25. BigTex

BigTex Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    ....'cuz it's 'glass, and they really don't want to sell it! LOL!

Sorry about your case, only in the very Final Stages does it morph to a point where your closet is stuffed FULL of red jackets, your living room is full of die casts and racing trophies, you spend your entire income on tune ups, and you hope to meet someone who DOESN"T want to talk about your Ferrari(s)!!!!!

I think there's a 12 Step Program of some sort, but those folks don't seem to be enjoying life as we do! LOL!