Speed Gallery in studio city, any good ? | FerrariChat

Speed Gallery in studio city, any good ?

Discussion in 'California (Southern)' started by WILLIAM H, Nov 13, 2007.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. WILLIAM H

WILLIAM H Three Time F1 World Champ

Nov 1, 2003
    Victory Circle
    Full Name:
    HUBBSTER
    This shop is near my apt. They have lots of cool Porsches in front and a few Bimmers, Ferraris etc

Any1 have info on them ?

Thanks

2. G-force

G-force F1 Rookie

Aug 4, 2002
    so california
    Full Name:
    wayne skiles
    Monarchy uses them. I've sent them a rear halfshaft from the Gallardo Spider
    to have their axle guy see if he can build a stronger unit.

3. Supercar Ace

Supercar Ace Formula 3

Aug 23, 2005
    Sunny So Cal - LA
    I used to live two block away from them. They where pretty cool guys, though I have never used them. They usually are servicing BMW's and Porsches, however I've seen a Diablo Se 30 there, a Murcielago there, an F40 there, and few Austin Martins as well.

4. Modenafan

Modenafan F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 19, 2004
    Moorpark
    Full Name:
    Jon
    I have friends that have had good and bad experiences. I guess like any other business, you have your good and bad days.

5. jbjavaheri

jbjavaheri Karting

Mar 4, 2004
    West L.A.
    Full Name:
    Jason
    They mainly specialize in Porsches, but as the guys above stated, they also work on Ferraris. Dan, one of the owners, is a cool guy. Sam is one of my friends and one of the coolest guys in the biz. I highly recommend him.

6. G-force

G-force F1 Rookie

Aug 4, 2002
    so california
    Full Name:
    wayne skiles
    Add me to their BAD experiences. They have had My Gallardo halfshafts for a month.
    Almost impossible to talk to Dan and when you do conversation goes nowhere nothing
    gets done.

I advise stay away from these guys!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

7. B R

B R F1 Rookie

Aug 31, 2005
    Los Angeles, CA
    Full Name:
    B R
    Sorry to hear that, but not surprised. Communication is always important, or at least it should be, but for some people & places it's a problem.

8. G-force

G-force F1 Rookie

Aug 4, 2002
    so california
    Full Name:
    wayne skiles
    Having been in business for 35 years I've found that people who don't
    return phone calls usually do NOT take care of business either.

9. Orbitz007

Orbitz007 Karting

Oct 4, 2004
    I am not sure, and never personally experienced their service. However, I did learn that if you leave your car with them for a week or two, then you might need to take it else where for 3 months! At least that's what happened to my friend's Porsche, it was almost at a point not running because all the electrical problems.

10. porsche racer

porsche racer Formula Junior

Jun 2, 2006
    southern california
    Full Name:
    arthur
    If you need any service or upgrade( cosmetic or engine) just take it to Damian (fusion motorsports 818-521-2332).
    I have been in both places, trust me.

11. Dice996C4S

Dice996C4S Karting

May 7, 2006
    Cerritos, CA
    Just make sure they don't roll your fenders... I brought my 996TT and they rolled my fenders by using a mallet.. As soon as I saw the mexican tech doing it, I wanted to put the mallet on his face... Sadly, all 4 fedners were done by the time I saw them doing it...

12. asds3x

asds3x Karting

Oct 11, 2004

Explain to us why the tech's race has anything to do with it? Had the the tech been a negro or asian or anglo would you have mentioned his race? You didn't ask who or how the work was to be done and now your racist a$$ is looking for out. Next time you have any work done perhaps you should ask for the race of those performing the labor. Moron.

13. TopElement

TopElement Formula 3

May 14, 2005
    OC & Vegas
    Full Name:
    A Montoya
    Get over it. It's gotta be terrible to see an unskilled worker being paid peanuts to bang on high end cars with a mallet. The race doesn't matter, anybody could have mangled the car.

14. LARuf

LARuf Karting

Jan 13, 2006
    LA
    I've used them for a variety of special projects. I'm happy 90% of the time. Figure with any shop that's not a bad batting average. I will say this, I've found that they do stand behind anything they do. As for Dan not returning calls, I've found if he's got no news, then you don't hear from him. He, like many of us, takes a zillion calls a day. I find best with any of these guys if I've got an issue...to go see them in person to find out what's what. And Sam...he's a very good guy...A+ and always treated me well.

My take is they are Porsche guys first...so if you've got a turbo P-car its a great place to go...if you've go a Lambo..or F-car....there's possibly other places you may want to try first. And if you've got specialty parts you want made, then you should go vendor direct..

My $0.02

I give them a 9.2 on a scale of 10.

15. G-force

G-force F1 Rookie

Aug 4, 2002
    so california
    Full Name:
    wayne skiles
    Heffner can't get a return phone call either.They have had my halfshaft for 5 weeks now for the last week I've
    just been trying to get them to return it. My car will be done next week and I can't get my part back for
    install.......FLAKES in my book. I give them a big Zero on scale of 1 to 10.

16. G-force

G-force F1 Rookie

Aug 4, 2002
    so california
    Full Name:
    wayne skiles
    FaLKES STILL WON'T RETURN OUR CALLS OR SHIP BACK MY HALFSHAFT.

17. Steve R

Steve R F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Sep 15, 2004
    MeSoNeedy, CA
    Full Name:
    TorQ Master
    Sorry to hear that Wayne....that's F'd-up!

18. blkdiablo33

blkdiablo33 F1 Rookie

Jul 12, 2004
    i would just take a drive over there and pick them up and just be done with it imo

19. Modenafan

Modenafan F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 19, 2004
    Moorpark
    Full Name:
    Jon
    I work about 2 miles from their location. If you think it would do any good, I'd be happy to stop by and see if they'd give me your half shaft. I'm guessing they won't but let me know.

20. AntonyR

AntonyR F1 Veteran

Apr 12, 2004
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Antony
    my office is next door so let me know if you want both Jon and myself there. Both of us are pretty tall guys ;)

Antony

21. derek a

derek a Formula Junior

Sep 17, 2004
    CA OR
    Full Name:
    Derek

I'll agree with you there

22. DoctorB

DoctorB Formula Junior

Aug 7, 2006
    Full Name:
    Richard Benedon
    Speed Gallery is A+ all the way. I had several mods to a 996 TT done by SG, and everything was done to perfection. They stand by their work too.

23. MONARCHY

MONARCHY Karting

Mar 28, 2007
    well im sorry to hear your experience went bad. i have known dan for 10 years + and can say he has always gone out of his way for me. as well as Sam. like i said your are only as good as your vendors. you have ordered custom 300m half shafts that are custom made by a outside vendor. i do recall 4-6weeks on the build time, but that fell through the holidays which will require some more time. i believe you have reached week 6 and i think its fair to say he is doing what he can. wayne i know your a stand up guy, but i think you need to be a bit more flexible on a situation like this. i mean he is doing all us TT lambo guys a favor by fabricating a halfshaft that will bare over 1000hp for $1500. it wasn't for the money, he did it for Heffner. i think you need to sit back on this one and think it out Wayne. i mean really, it's a business and if that is the case for a $200 profit, your really think he did it for the money? wayne, if you need, you can go ahead and take my halfshafts for now and i'll do the waiting. i don't want you to have a bad taste in your mouth because of patience, and yes i know how you see it, it's about keeping your word. i know what its like to want to drive your new toy, and if people would just stay on schedule then youll have your car as expected, but expect some delays. like i said before go ahead and use mine for now and i'll do the waiting.

24. G-force

G-force F1 Rookie

Aug 4, 2002
    so california
    Full Name:
    wayne skiles
    Eric

my original post:

11-13-2007, 11:05 AM
    G-force
    F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed Join Date: Aug 2002
    Full Name: wayne skiles

Quote:
    Originally Posted by WILLIAM H
    This shop is near my apt. They have lots of cool Porsches in front and a few Bimmers, Ferraris etc

Any1 have info on them ?

Thanks

MY REPLY:

"Monarchy uses them. I've sent them a rear halfshaft from the Gallardo Spider
    to have their axle guy see if he can build a stronger unit."

Since you elected to defend this flake on an open forum I'll reply.....quoted me 10-14 days for job....
    Not doing the job as promised is ONE THING, Not returning phone calls from me or Jason Heffner, or emails ANOTHER thing...BUT TODAY

Dan told HEFFNER that I would just have buy another one from Lamborghini he WASN'T GOING TO RETURN MINE!!!!\

WHAT KIND OF CRAP IS THAT?

THERE is no excuse for a guy that thinks he can steal your car parts. NO WAY to justify it either!

I trusted him because you recommended him. Paitence has NOTHING to do with it IMHO a guy who says he
    is not going to return a customers car part is less than honorable!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks for the offer ..it is only 1 halfshaft.. keep your halfshaft..I'll buy another one and see Dan in court.

25. G-force

G-force F1 Rookie

Aug 4, 2002
    so california
    Full Name:
    wayne skiles
    he now calls and said that is NOT what he meant.
    he wants my other axle to make the other one.

Ok Eric I'll send mine and use yours in ther interim.