Saw My first Scuderia! | FerrariChat

Saw My first Scuderia!

Discussion in '360/430' started by ScuderiaWithStickPlease, Dec 21, 2007.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ScuderiaWithStickPlease

ScuderiaWithStickPlease F1 World Champ

Dec 17, 2007
    NY Metro
    Ferrari NA's showroom on New York's Park Ave and 55St has a red Scuderia with stripes on display. Even though they close at 7:00PM, the doors were locked at 6:50PM, the staff refusing to acknowledge my repeated pleas for mercy and justice. (I got a tech's attention by taping on the window as he was removing a trickle charger from the dream car. He looked up benevolently, at which point I put up three fingers with one hand, pointing to the Scud with the other. He cracked up, but still wouldn't open the door. Bastard! LOL)

The car looks wonderful. I though the carbon bits, the lower stance, the big wheels and the stripes would take away from the car's esthetic, but they don't.

Unfortunately, the showroom lights were turned down so I couldn't take good pics.

Also in the showroom was a 599, a Maser sedan (don't know which, as I don't have enough interest in sedans to ID various incarnations by their trim) and the new Maser coupe.

(BTW: The Audi showroom further south on Park has a white R8 on a turntable. For once the Press is right: the car looks far better -- far more refined -- in person that it ever will in pics.)

2. GTE

GTE F1 World Champ

Jun 24, 2004
    The Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Marnix
    your screenname made me laugh. Thank you for that!

happy holidays!

3. ScuderiaWithStickPlease

ScuderiaWithStickPlease F1 World Champ

Dec 17, 2007
    NY Metro
    Glad to hear it, GTE. Enjoy the Holidays.

(I wonder what Norwood would have to charge to install a manual in the Scuderia. That would be on top of an estimated $230K MSRP...on top of $50-100K dealer surcharge...but since when is money an issue in the Dream Dimension? (Yes, I have to ask, so no, I can't afford one.))

4. tonyh

tonyh F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 23, 2002
    S W London
    Full Name:
    Tony H