Drifting at Countyline 12-16-2007 | FerrariChat

Drifting at Countyline 12-16-2007

Discussion in 'Florida' started by damnhawk, Dec 17, 2007.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. damnhawk

damnhawk Formula Junior

Feb 22, 2007
    Cape Coral/ Boca
    Full Name:
    Eric M
    For your viewing pleasures.....

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. 360RossoFiorano

360RossoFiorano Formula Junior

Aug 1, 2006
    Palmetto Bay, FL
    Cool, any video's?

3. damnhawk

damnhawk Formula Junior

Feb 22, 2007
    Cape Coral/ Boca
    Full Name:
    Eric M
  4. ILuv4Res

ILuv4Res F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Aug 8, 2002
    Full Name:
    Fred
    Cool. Next time please post before the event, as I would have loved to go to this!!!

5. damnhawk

damnhawk Formula Junior

Feb 22, 2007
    Cape Coral/ Boca
    Full Name:
    Eric M
    Not the best event to attend....it makes the moroso event look like going to the daytona speedway....not the safest one either, but its almost the same feel as going street drifing.

There is an event at Homestead coming up, I shall start a new post.

6. tk951

tk951 Karting

Jan 9, 2004
    DeBary, FL
    Not to be rude, but why would this be enjoyable? Ferrari's are great cars that are designed to be driven well. Drifting is an inefficient way of going through curves, not to mention it is generally performed by dull cars. I don't know anyone that has a nice car that is interested in this. I have to agree, I just don't see the appeal. I guess I am curious as to why this is posted on a ferrari board....

t.

7. damnhawk

damnhawk Formula Junior

Feb 22, 2007
    Cape Coral/ Boca
    Full Name:
    Eric M
    First off, I do see your point. Second, in response to why its on Fchat, some of the guys on here are interested to see my work and some are interested to go to an event. I just post up things as I shoot them, hoping that some of you all will enjoy the images for what they are, no matter your stance on drifting as an automotive sport. I'm building up my portfolio so that I may be able to get press clearance for more "proper" sports events at the bigger tracks in the area. And seeing the publics reaction to my work helps me shape the look and feel of it, hopefully making it appeal to a larger segment of my target demographic.

8. BT

BT F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 21, 2005
    FL / GA
    Full Name:
    Bill Tracy
    I'd like to go see a drifting event, so if you can post info for future events, I'd appreciate it. While it is not 'efficient' to drift around a corner, it looks like fun to watch. One of the best races I have ever seen was an old Pinto on a South Carolina NASCAR track trying his best. The left rear wheel fell off and passed him. He then got out, chased the errant wheel down, and reattached it in time to do another 5 laps or so...
    :)
    BT

9. tk951

tk951 Karting

Jan 9, 2004
    DeBary, FL
    Thanks for answering reasonably. I didn't want this to become a mis-interpreted rude-fest. In that case, keep the pics coming!

Cheers,

t.

10. damnhawk

damnhawk Formula Junior

Feb 22, 2007
    Cape Coral/ Boca
    Full Name:
    Eric M
    Not a problem, again there is an event at Homestead this weekend (sat/sun) and there will be a 30 min drift demo on the infield track. Also Feb 16(?) is the next big event at Moroso. I will see what its going to be closer to the event.