85 308 GTSi QV Fuel Injectors | FerrariChat

85 308 GTSi QV Fuel Injectors

Discussion in '308/328' started by SpeedTek, Dec 20, 2007.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. SpeedTek

SpeedTek Rookie

Aug 1, 2007
    Hawaii
    Full Name:
    Dexter
    I am finally getting around to working on the QV I have. I removed the injectors to get them flow tested. The O-Rings were all shot. Where does the Injector Boss cross reference to? I cracked one of them because the o-ring got stuck on the circlip groove.

thanks

2. RGigante

RGigante F1 Rookie
    Owner Project Master

Nov 1, 2006
    Portugal
    If I understand correctly, you're asking for the seal inside the intake manifold. You can go to Mercedes and ask for reference MA 116 078 08 73. They're the same and they don't need the Bosch o-ring 3 430 210 606

3. SpeedTek

SpeedTek Rookie

Aug 1, 2007
    Hawaii
    Full Name:
    Dexter
    #3 SpeedTek, Dec 20, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    This is for a QV correct? I think the 2V is different. The Dealer wants $131 for 1 and the part number you provided is $1.88

I have enclosed a picture of the original part without the o-ring. basically the boss size is 22mm x 12mm

The other pic is the mercedes part.
    Is the Mercedes part made of rubber??

THANK YOU!
    Image Unavailable, Please Login
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

4. RGigante

RGigante F1 Rookie
    Owner Project Master

Nov 1, 2006
    Portugal
    Well, mine is a '88 328 GTS and the part on the left is different from the one I had. In your case is there a o-ring on the outside, where the groove is? Or is that the circlip groove? My circlip in on top of the injector boss.
    Yes, the Mercedes ones are hard rubber, but maybe the originals were also when new.

I've bought the ones from Mercedes when I've replaced the injectors in case I needed them. I ended up just needing the injectors and green o-ring for the injector, so I can not confirm that the ones I have on the car are the same as yours ... but since all this info came from FerrariChat, maybe someone else can help more than me!

5. SpeedTek

SpeedTek Rookie

Aug 1, 2007
    Hawaii
    Full Name:
    Dexter
    The original piece with the o-ring is bakelite plastic. If the new one is hard rubber then I assume that is how it will seal the hole. Yes it has a circlip to hold it down.

6. SpeedTek

SpeedTek Rookie

Aug 1, 2007
    Hawaii
    Full Name:
    Dexter
    I just picked up the Mercedes Part. It is too small It is 20mm x 10mm.

I hope someone know of a solution since I cracked one of them!!!

So bottom line is the 85 QV one is larger.

THANK YOU

7. SpeedTek

SpeedTek Rookie

Aug 1, 2007
    Hawaii
    Full Name:
    Dexter
    Where is a good place to find one of these injector holders used?
    thanks

8. Steve Magnusson

Steve Magnusson Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jan 11, 2001
    30°30'40" N 97°35'41" W (Texas)
    Full Name:
    Steve Magnusson
    You can do a little better on price for a new one (113309) from www.allferrariparts.com or www.ricambiamerica.com

For used -- them and maybe try www.trutlands.com too.

It isn't a part that was expected to be replaced that often -- hence not too much demand. On the later KE-Jet F, they went to a metal material for that same part so sort of confirmation that the "Bakelite" material was troublesome.