What's the realistic value of euro car? | FerrariChat

What's the realistic value of euro car?

Discussion in '360/430' started by mrpcar, Dec 23, 2007.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. mrpcar

mrpcar Formula 3

May 27, 2007
    Chino hills, CA
    Full Name:
    Robin
    So you hear this from both sides, seller says it is no big deal, dealer doesn't want to touch it on a trade in. (Or doesn't want to give you any money for it).

I see a lot of euro cars that has been on sale for awhile and they are not selling.

What's the realistic impact of buying an used Euro car? I am not worrying about the service end of things, but more in term of the difficulty in selling the car later.

What's the impact in dollar figure when I want to sell it? How much less will the car bring compare to the same year model US car?

TIA

2. PCH

PCH F1 Rookie

Apr 7, 2004
    Unfortunately a Euro car is a 'story' car which does hinder resale. Expect an approx. 20% hit on value over its US counterpart. Unless the model in question was never imported by FNA then I personally don't see the value in ownership.

3. 360trev

360trev F1 Rookie
    Project Master

Oct 29, 2005
    Gibraltar
    Full Name:
    360trev
    They are basically grey imports and thus can be considered fantastic value for money if you can get a good example.

Also the Euro spec cars have less weight (due to US regulations) and less restrictive cats (improving power). The weight difference between a 360 Euro and 360 US is very significant. You'll sell for less but you'll also buy for less.

4. PCH

PCH F1 Rookie

Apr 7, 2004
    By the time the certification lab has completed the EPA/DOT compliance specs, I highly doubt there's any significant weight or performance advantage.