New Washington state traffic fines. | FerrariChat

New Washington state traffic fines.

Discussion in 'Northwest' started by windsock, Dec 19, 2007.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. windsock

windsock Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 29, 2006
    New driving fines for the State of Washington . These fines went
    into effect on November 1st, 2007

* $1068.50 - HOV Lane - 1st time offense (note: the sign posted on
    the HOV lanes that says $271 is now wrong and DOT is in the
    process of changing them)
    -2nd offense fine is doubled
    -3rd it is tripled
    -4th your license is suspended for a year! (they are not playing around!)

* $380.00 - Incorrect Lane Change - (not using turn signal or 'cut ting' someone)

* $485.00 - Block Intersection -

* $450.00 - Driving on Shoulder -

* $285.00 - Cell Phone Usage While Driving - (cell phone usage (until January 1, 2008, you can use a hand held cell phone while driving, but if a police officer observes a driving infra ction, he can stop you and cite you for both. After January 1, they can stop you for cell phone usage w/o any other cause.)
    must now be done with 'hands free' device.)
    Law Enforcement has been told to really start cracking down on this, as the accident rate is increasing due to cell phone use.

*$570.00 - Cell Phone Usage in a Construction Zone - (this fine is doubled from the regular $285.00)

*$101.00 - Passengers over the age of 18 not in a seat belt - Both the passenger AND driver with get tickets of

* DUI - Instant ARREST! (the court s are now placing DUI's on your driving record for a period of 10 years!)

* Last but not least - You know that there was a thought that you could go at least 5 MPH over the posted speed limit, well according to the WA. State Patrol, you are now allowed 3 MPH over!

So, watch your speed my friends.

2. jh355

jh355 Formula Junior

Feb 12, 2004
    Halluci-Nation
    Full Name:
    Craven Morehead
    Isn’t the reason why the pilgrims came here in the first place was to get away from **** like this? I was apparently absent that day.

3. walawdog

walawdog Formula Junior

Nov 9, 2004
    Bluefield, WV
    Full Name:
    Anthony
    I laugh when they say it's about safety....it's about money end of story.

4. Spasso

Spasso F1 World Champ

Feb 16, 2003
    Land of Slugs & Moss
    Full Name:
    Han Solo
    Impossible to enforce and will not stand up in court. Automobile manufacturers are only required to ensure speedometer accuracy within 5 to 7%.

To what percent is the accuracy of their radar and lidar?

5. Romeo D

Romeo D Karting

Jun 16, 2004
    Wa
    Full Name:
    rd
  6. TimF40

TimF40 Formula 3

Nov 3, 2003
    Seattle/Bay Area/NYC
    Full Name:
    Tim
    Wow. A bad day in WA can cost me my next F40 service. (well, maybe my next 550 service... ;-) )

Tim

7. f355spider

f355spider F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 29, 2001
    USA
    Talking on a cell phone without a hands free device law, does not go into effect until July 1, 2008.

8. coverland

coverland Formula 3

Apr 22, 2007
    Seattle
    Full Name:
    Colin
    How is that about safety at all? That's complete B$

9. rynoshark

rynoshark Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 6, 2004
    Pacific Northwest
    Full Name:
    Ryan
    Speaking hands free what is the best option available right now that isn't permanently installed? Figured one of the new GPS nav boxes w/ bluetooth might be the best. Of course, nobody can hear me over the GT3's engine and road noise w/ no dampening material ;)

10. JDZNate

JDZNate Formula Junior

May 14, 2007
    Portland, OR
    Full Name:
    Nate
    Personally, I never give a speeding ticket for going less than 10 mph over the speed limit.

11. jh355

jh355 Formula Junior

Feb 12, 2004
    Halluci-Nation
    Full Name:
    Craven Morehead
    Best hands free bluetooth device on the market is the Jawbone. Has noise canceling for those 8.5k bursts as your telling your wife you will be home soon.

12. BBL

BBL Formula Junior

Nov 1, 2006
    Northern California
    Full Name:
    Sean
    I agree with all of these, except the last one. In fact, they seem to be roughly in descending order of agreeablity to me!

Where is New Washington? :)

13. f355spider

f355spider F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 29, 2001
    USA
    Ryan, in a noisy car enviroment, I really think you will need a bluetooth headset. The GPS or newer in car ones, like offered by aftermarket car radio manufacturers (Kenwood, etc) with the remote mics, will just pick up too much ambient noise from the car. I was going to install the Kenwood rig in my 355 spider, but after looking at where the mic would have to go, and with the top down, it was just not going to work. I bought a Motorola head set to go with my Blackberry instead.

I do have the in car factory bluetooth in my BMW, works great, and I can use the steering wheel controls to operate it.

14. VR4

VR4 Karting

Apr 22, 2004
    vancouver, wa
    Full Name:
    steve
    true. the text messaging portion goes into effect jan. 1.

like it or not i agree with the law. really pisses me off when i have to slam on the brakes cause some ****** bag alone in his car cuts over cause hes an impatient prick.

can i buy you a beer?

15. MordaloMVD

MordaloMVD F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 7, 2005
    WA
    Full Name:
    Michael von Ditter
    Snopes says it's BS. If they want to make some money (save) lay off half of the WSP. We are so over patrolled in this state it's not funny. Up to 12 troopers on a 20 mile stretch of Hwy, 16? Out of line. :(

16. marksp

marksp Formula Junior

Jul 10, 2006
    Redmond, WA
    Has this been confirmed by anyone? I suspect the whole thing is a hoax. I'm surprised the effective date isn't "April 1" ;)

17. rushdriven

rushdriven Formula 3

Jul 1, 2004
    Seattle, WA
    Full Name:
    John R. Eltringham
  18. roytoy2003

roytoy2003 F1 Veteran

Jul 30, 2004
    Full Name:
    Roy L. Cats
    Must not be a Commissioned Officer in the State of Washington...or I think you would have know this is incorrect...or not a paid full time, Reserve Offcer Maybe?

19. marksp

marksp Formula Junior

Jul 10, 2006
    Redmond, WA
  20. coverland

coverland Formula 3

Apr 22, 2007
    Seattle
    Full Name:
    Colin
    No, no, no, I agree with you. But I mean, really, is the cop ever there when that stupid prick is cutting you off? Never in my case.

21. MordaloMVD

MordaloMVD F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 7, 2005
    WA
    Full Name:
    Michael von Ditter
    One simple rool folks. If you are not passing, move to the right. The left lane owners at 55 to 65 drive me and most "real" drivers crazy. As an aside, why is that traffice moves better at 70+ than at 55-60?

22. VR4

VR4 Karting

Apr 22, 2004
    vancouver, wa
    Full Name:
    steve

agreed.

glad to see the correct info.

23. rushdriven

rushdriven Formula 3

Jul 1, 2004
    Seattle, WA
    Full Name:
    John R. Eltringham
    You're welcome. Always happy to help. And if any of you get tickets, PM me. I'm an attorney and have gotten more than a few people on FChat out of tickets.