Maintenance and cost to own | FerrariChat

Maintenance and cost to own

Discussion in 'Maserati' started by picric, Dec 24, 2007.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. picric

picric Rookie

Dec 17, 2007
    Merritt Island, FL32952
    OK so I am interested in a Ferrari but not in the maintenance costs associated with it's ownership. I currently own a Porsche 996 911 and the maintenance is about the right price for me. My question is what is the cost difference maintenance wise between the Maser GranTurismo and the Porsche 911 if anyone knows?

2. JeffB

JeffB Formula 3

Jan 16, 2004
    Northville, Michigan
    Full Name:
    Jeff B
    Pretty impossible to get first hand accounts until owners of the new GT have owned it for a year or close to it. What I can say is that I recently sold my 996TT after owning it for over 3 years and I couldn't wait to never go into a Porsche dealership again for service. They thought they were Bugatti and their prices reflected it. The closest dealership to me (Bill Cook Imports) was really pathetic. I hated dealing with them so much that I would drive 25+ miles to another dealership for all services on the car.

3. kizdan

kizdan F1 Veteran

Dec 31, 2003
    The current Granturismo engine is the same engine that was introduced in 2002, so it has been around for 5 years already, and is virtually bullet-proof. The ZF 6-speed auto tranny has existed for a while in other cars, so it is very reliable as well. As far as electronics are concerned, a lot of them are straight out of the Q-P, so you are looking at a very reliable, trouble-free everyday exotic.

4. picric

picric Rookie

Dec 17, 2007
    Merritt Island, FL32952
    Sounds like exactly what I wanted to here. Thanks for the info!