328 Upper Front Targa Seal | FerrariChat

328 Upper Front Targa Seal

Discussion in '308/328' started by Freestyle, Dec 24, 2007.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Freestyle

Freestyle Rookie

Dec 24, 2007
    Does anyone have a line on one of these? The one I have is too thick and does not allow the top to install. Thanks.

2. Freestyle

Freestyle Rookie

Dec 24, 2007
    Here's the part number- 60607900.

3. Mike C

Mike C F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Aug 3, 2002
    Southeast USA
    Full Name:
    Mike Charness
    Meanwhile, you can adjust (thread in) the targa's front pins to a shorter length... that should help!!

4. Johnno

Johnno Rookie

Oct 22, 2007
    Alexandria
    Full Name:
    John
    Freestyle, are you by chance trying to fit a targa top to your car that came from a different car? There are at least two versions of the top that I have seen. I think the early cars had a seal across the top of the windscreen that was much thicker on the ends. The tops were fairly straight across the front. They they seemed to have come up with a new mold for the top so that the inside of the top that curves in more on the ends, allowing the top to seal without the big chunks of weatherstipping on the front corners. I found this out because I have an 86 and bought a spare top for it with the intent of painting it to match the body while keeping the original... original. The spare came form an 88 I was told, but can not confirm.

5. Freestyle

Freestyle Rookie

Dec 24, 2007
    The targa top is the original that came with the car, it's a 1988. However, the new molding is a lot thicker on the corners/ends than the original molding. I feel like I have to trim the moldings down to fit my top. I'm not really anxious to do this. Thanks.

6. Freestyle

Freestyle Rookie

Dec 24, 2007
    I've also contacted Daniel at Ricambi, London Ferrari, Rutlands and a number of other dealers and distributors. No one has an upper front seal available. Also, this part is out of production.

7. Johnno

Johnno Rookie

Oct 22, 2007
    Alexandria
    Full Name:
    John
    Yup, sounds like the new molding you have is the early style. I can't imagine someone doesn't make a molding with the same profile that you could just cut a length to fit but I haven't ever taken a close look at the new style molding. I would think that was the reason Ferrari went away from the odd shaped 1986 molding though.

Good luck.