Merged: 0117 S - This Week's Barn Find | Page 14 | FerrariChat

Merged: 0117 S - This Week's Barn Find

Discussion in 'Vintage (thru 365 GTC4)' started by Marcel Massini, Aug 1, 2006.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. smartteen

smartteen Formula 3

Apr 28, 2007
    Thank you very much Christian and also thank you to Loic Kernen my French photographer friend.

2. Christian.Fr

Christian.Fr Two Time F1 World Champ

Jun 9, 2005
    Full Name:
    Christian.Fr
    i look again those pics and realise the line of this car, just amasing! built for race.

3. dretceterini

dretceterini F1 Veteran

Apr 28, 2004
    Etceterini Land
    Full Name:
    Dr.Stuart Schaller

I really see no reason to spend a ton of money to buy and install the 195 engine unless you are going to also return the suspension, gearbox, rear end, and all the other components to the original configuration...

4. ArtS

ArtS F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 11, 2003
    Central NJ
    Guy and Christian.Fr,

Thanks for the pictures, they are great!

Stu,

In my opinion the main value the 195 engine has is as a trade item for 117's original motor. Frankly, if owned 117 and aquired the original motor I would just put it on the shelf as a display item. 117 is a Ferrari 'special', it has a long history in its present configuration and probobly runs better in this configuration than it did as a 195.

Guy,

I hope you are enjoying 117 to the fullest extent possible. If you have a chance, mount a video camera on the car during one of your drives and post on youtube so that we may ride along with you ;) .

Regards,

Art S.

5. Bryanp

Bryanp F1 Rookie

Aug 13, 2002
    Santa Fe, NM
    great pictures, Guy! She has come a very long way since the last time I saw her in Monterey, August 2006 . . . .

6. Christian.Fr

Jun 9, 2005
    Full Name:
    Christian.Fr
    i remember at all that #0117S have been shooted by Loic Merken.

7. smartteen

smartteen Formula 3

Apr 28, 2007
    I agree Stu.

QUOTE artS In my opinion the main value the 195 engine has is as a trade item for 117's original motor. Frankly, if owned 117 and aquired the original motor I would just put it on the shelf as a display item. 117 is a Ferrari 'special', it has a long history in its present configuration and probobly runs better in this configuration than it did as a 195.

I totaly agree also artS, but the question is asked.

QUOTE great pictures, Guy! She has come a very long way since the last time I saw her in Monterey, August 2006 . . . .
    Today 01:58 AM
    It is not a so long way and the more hard stay to do.I don't forget the restoration begging (only 10% realised)and the more difficult is to come !!!
    Guy

8. Boudewijn

Boudewijn F1 Rookie
    Lifetime Rossa

May 15, 2003
    The Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Boudewijn Berkhoff
    #333 Boudewijn, Dec 24, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Great photos, very nice indeed. Keep the car as it is.
    This is your car when winning the second round at the Stella Alpina in 1951.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

9. smartteen

smartteen Formula 3

Apr 28, 2007
    Boudewijn, You make me the more beautiful Christmas-box,it is a very nice shoot ; yes salvatore Ammendola was the winner of the Stella Alpina in 1951 ,but I have no any photos of this race; could you confirm the 258 number on the car ??
    Thank you very much.
    Guy

10. Christian.Fr

Jun 9, 2005
    Full Name:
    Christian.Fr
    t es gaté, belle photo d'époque.

11. dretceterini

dretceterini F1 Veteran

Apr 28, 2004
    Etceterini Land
    Full Name:
    Dr.Stuart Schaller

Yes, it is a photo of the winning car from the Stella Alpina 1951. Great photo!

12. smartteen

smartteen Formula 3

Apr 28, 2007
    Boudewijn, where do you find this great photo ?? AND can you confirm the 258 number ??
    Have you another pics ??
    Very NICE Christmas-box for me,thank you very very much.

13. Boudewijn

Boudewijn F1 Rookie
    Lifetime Rossa

May 15, 2003
    The Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Boudewijn Berkhoff
    Guy, I have send you a PM.

14. Tr@sos

Tr@sos Formula Junior

Jun 8, 2005
    Nice, France
    Full Name:
    Julien Rubicondo
    Tu confonds avec Angela :D
    C'est un "K" pas un "M" !

-------------------------

http://trasosworld.free.fr

15. Christian.Fr

Jun 9, 2005
    Full Name:
    Christian.Fr
    Tu as entierement raison. [size=+2] Loic Kernen [/size]

c est vrai aussi qu Angela est belle...

16. Tr@sos

Tr@sos Formula Junior

Jun 8, 2005
    Nice, France
    Full Name:
    Julien Rubicondo
    Olalala ... :D

17. smartteen

smartteen Formula 3

Apr 28, 2007
    Bryan, I want to put a hand brake on 117S,have you some pictures to send me to see where it is located in the car ?
    About the second Trap at the left side, I have not see,but do you think it was possible to ventilate the engine ? if not,it may be a repair of the aluminium body ?
    Thank you Bryan.

18. Bryanp

Bryanp F1 Rookie

Aug 13, 2002
    Santa Fe, NM
    #343 Bryanp, Jan 3, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Guy, please see the attached photos for the handbrake information.

As for engine venting on the 4-cylinder cars, I have only ever seen such venting either in the side, behind the front wheels, or in the form of louvers in the hood. Ferrari made the side openings larger with the later 4 cylinder cars; compare these openings between our car and, say, 0580MD. Until you show me where the former opening was located, I can only guess what its function may have been.

19. smartteen

smartteen Formula 3

Apr 28, 2007
    Thank you very much Bryan,I have not understand all but I study with your pics the better way to do this handbrake on 117S.Yours pics are very Useful for me.
    When I'll begin the engine restoration it may be I look for the Horn carburator,if you can help to find this ?
    I am please ,to wish you an happy new year as well as joyous healthy and prosperous new year.
    Guy

20. Napolis

Napolis Three Time F1 World Champ
    Honorary Owner

Oct 23, 2002
    Full Name:
    Jim Glickenhaus
  21. smartteen

smartteen Formula 3

Apr 28, 2007
    The blue Lancia Stratos you find on this Paganikon blog spot, is also mine: It is the SN / 002 The second built at the Lancia Factory, and this one was the Car exposed at the Geneva show in 1974.

22. smartteen

smartteen Formula 3

Apr 28, 2007
    Bryan, my 250 gte brake system is on the rear wheels, I must to accomodate with this system, However if you known an hand-brake to sold, I am interested.
    About the second trapp on the left side I doubtful, is was in fact a scar on the body.
    If you known also the Carburetor Trompets to sold,I am interested .
    Best regards Bryan.

23. stratos

stratos Formula Junior

Dec 9, 2003
    Switzerland
    Where did you get that information from?
    Chassis 522, scocca 41 completed on June 18, 1974 was effectively displayed in Geneva in 1975 but other cars were produced earlier.
    519, 520, 525, 528, 529, etc. to name but a few.

24. Bryanp

Bryanp F1 Rookie

Aug 13, 2002
    Santa Fe, NM
    Guy - I think it will be very difficult to find a spare hand brake assembly from on of the 4-cylinder cars; or a competition v-12 for that matter. But I will keep my eyes and ears open.

As for the carburetor trumpets/velocity stacks, since you have a 3-carb v-12 motor, it should not be too difficult to find those; they are much different from the four large stacks found on a 4-cylinder's side-draft Webers.

25. smartteen

smartteen Formula 3

Apr 28, 2007
    I think you make a mistake; my car is 829 ARO 001.002 SCOCCA 21 completed FACTORY: 28/02/1974
    color blue vincennes
    I have the entire and complete history of the car.(all the owners)
    I have also pictures of the show of Geneva with Thomas Popper seatting in my car.
    I don't know if other car are built before ?
    It is not here the thread of my cars but the 117S thread, if you want please sent me a private message.
    Thank you.
    PS; I have owned also 1758