Causes of Emission Warning Light 'ON' 360CS | FerrariChat

Causes of Emission Warning Light 'ON' 360CS

Discussion in '360/430' started by kchendds, Sep 5, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. kchendds

kchendds Rookie

Apr 13, 2005
    Yorba Linda, CA
    Full Name:
    Kalvin Chen
    I have a 360CS. There has been one occasion when the warning light (emission system warning) was on . I had to stop the car. The car would run with computer controlled restricted speed. I turned off the engine and started again without any problems yet.

Anyone of CS owners ever experienced this particular problem?

2. scud

scud F1 World Champ

Oct 2, 2004
    no you don't. it's just called CS :D
    i am very interested in that comment. was the light flashing or on solid ? sometimes when cold she will run on 4 cylinders and it will seem as there is little power. turning the car off and back on will fix this and all 8 cylinders fire into life. holding the start button down longer will fix it.normaly it only happens when cold. i have heard on this site about reflashing the ecu but for me the button trick works fine. if the check engine light is on solid then usualy the censors in the cats are detecting something not right. my light comes up solid as i have removed the cats.
    [/QUOTE]

3. kchendds

kchendds Rookie

Apr 13, 2005
    Yorba Linda, CA
    Full Name:
    Kalvin Chen
    I guess you are absolutely right. That only happened when my CS was cold.
    I normally warm up about 3-5 minutes before leaving my garage, but that day I was in a hurry to go.

I stop and repress START and the warning light was not on anymore.

Anyway, THANKS FOR SHARING YOUR EXPERIENCE!

[/QUOTE]

4. peterb

peterb Karting

Mar 26, 2005
    milan italy
    Full Name:
    peter ross
    i have also had that experience atleast 2 times since i bought the car in march. I just turned off the car and turned it on and it went away.

5. ylshih

ylshih Shogun Assassin
    Honorary Owner

Mar 21, 2004
    Northern CA
    Full Name:
    Yin
    I've had the CEL come on about 4 weeks ago. Shut down & restarted the car after warm-up - didn't seem like the 4-cylinder problem. Also tightened the fuel cap. Light still stayed on. Finally tried cycling the battery power (figured if it came back on, I would take it in to service). It's stayed off since the recycle. Keeping my fingers crossed.

6. Frank_C

Frank_C F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 29, 2004
    Whistling through the wheat field in Texas
    Full Name:
    Frank Cavallo
    It came on my spider and I too was told to check the gas cap. Allegedly, if incorrectly screwed in place it will cause the light to illuminate. I redid the gas cap it stayed on...screw it I kept on driving it. At the 2000 miler I got the $50+ service charge for rescrewing/checking the gas cap threads. Probably a program in the software to give your local dealer a few scheckles every now and then to ensure garage queens make a trip to the local dealership.

7. djantlive

djantlive Formula 3

Jun 30, 2005
    I'd have the ECU scanned to get the code. Let the warranty do the work!

8. D8EAN

D8EAN Formula Junior

May 3, 2005
    SE London
    just had this come on!
    guessing its because
    A) not used for over a month
    B) cold and damp over here in the uk
    C) nearing the end of the tank on fuel and im not sure if there is good stuff in there (shell opti / or crap)

hmmm will try it later to see if it goes out

9. SANguru

SANguru Formula 3

Jul 15, 2005
    Bay Area, CA
    Full Name:
    Josh
    it is recommended that you do not warm up the car. Just hop in and drive. I too was being over cautious and spent a couple minutes warming up the CS and got a rich/flooding issue. Problem never reappeared after I just started to drive the car but somewhat slowly until it reach operating temp.

10. masar

masar Formula 3

Aug 19, 2007
    Czech republic
    Full Name:
    Petr
    "Common" issue here. Use search button (put CEL as key word) and you will find several threads describing this issue.

11. D8EAN

D8EAN Formula Junior

May 3, 2005
    SE London
    thanks but mine is nothing like the one on the utube vid, mine sounds fine but just have light and the needle is a little bouncy on idle guessing its the fuel....

12. masar

masar Formula 3

Aug 19, 2007
    Czech republic
    Full Name:
    Petr
    This utube video is IMO typical cold start problem.

I have 360, not CS. The CEL on also happened to me several times. But also mostly in case of cold start (but not so serious as the utube video). Just sometimes starting car after few days, immediately putted reverse gear to get from garage and CEL comes on. If i wait at least 30 s - 1 min and than put reverse, never happens. I also went to dealer (while CEL was on) and they found some failure one gas oxygen sensor saying its nothing serious and it might dissapear (propably some dirt on sensor). If not they will change sensor.

Also not properly tightened fuel cap might be reason.

13. mgtr1990

mgtr1990 Formula 3

Mar 30, 2005
    Naples Florida
    Full Name:
    Martin Graham
    Also can be caused by the gas cap not being tight or a leak in the Evap Fuel filter or line.

14. D8EAN

D8EAN Formula Junior

May 3, 2005
    SE London
    drove it to the garage filled it up, cap did feel loose to me... started her up and the light has gone....happy days
    cheers all for the answers