Someone stole my CHP 11-99 license frame | FerrariChat

Someone stole my CHP 11-99 license frame

Discussion in 'California (Southern)' started by JizJizJiz, Dec 26, 2007.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. JizJizJiz

JizJizJiz Karting

Nov 16, 2003
    SoCal
    Full Name:
    Zack
    :(. My friend has been driving my car, and we met up yesterday...I immediately noticed that the frame was missing :(. Meh, we don't even have any idea when/where it was taken...but just a heads up to some of you guys with the same.

2. BLUROAD

BLUROAD F1 Veteran

Feb 3, 2006
    Tustin Ranch, Cali
    Full Name:
    Enrico Pollini
    This is a great time to bring up the question of where I can obtain some of those screws with the little alan key ends. I dont know what they are called or how to describe it but you deter the theft of your plate frame by putting these in and you cant use a philips or regular flat head to put them on......

http://www.diywake.com/shop/product/diy_0064.jpg

3. JizJizJiz

JizJizJiz Karting

Nov 16, 2003
    SoCal
    Full Name:
    Zack
    I agree! I wish I had these on...but yeah, after talking to some friends, they all suggested these/hex screws. I'm guessing the neighborhood hardware store (Ace maybe?) should have them...I'm going to go check after I leave the office tonight.

4. jayman

jayman Rookie

Nov 22, 2007
    Orange County
    Full Name:
    John
    Mine was stolen a couple years ago off an SL55 while in for service at Fletcher Jones in Newport. I noticed as soon as they brought the car around. Management refused to even look into it, unless I produced evidence it was on the car when I dropped it off the day before. I didn't expect them to just admit someone there stole it, but I thought they would at LEAST have looked around the shop or the work areas of those assigned to work on the car. Never been treated so bad by a dealer before, and will never again by them!

5. JizJizJiz

JizJizJiz Karting

Nov 16, 2003
    SoCal
    Full Name:
    Zack
    Damn :(. Yeah, at the very least they should've "pretended" to look around just to make it seem like they care.

6. jlspeed29

jlspeed29 Karting

Nov 30, 2007
    The Golden State
    well i would suggest you check your "friends" car...hmm....... you never can be too carefull

Seriously though, invest in those security screws

7. JizJizJiz

JizJizJiz Karting

Nov 16, 2003
    SoCal
    Full Name:
    Zack
    ;). It's her only car...the deal is she gets to drive my car until the E92 M3 comes out, and she buys one. She totaled her 330 awhile back, and she was considering a CPO 330 before I made that offer. She took it :).

But yeah, I agree. I'm definitely going to check it out tonight.

8. jlspeed29

jlspeed29 Karting

Nov 30, 2007
    The Golden State
    huh?
    so your car is HER only car? and shes borrowing it till the new M3 comes out?

9. JERRYZ

JERRYZ Formula Junior

Sep 1, 2004
    Orange County, CA
    I bought my bolts at Pep Boys. Haven't had my frames stolen yet.

10. TG

TG F1 Veteran

Oct 26, 2004
    Newport Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    Taylor
    I couldn't find them small enough for my car, so I used a concrete compound solution.

Call me crazy but there's other ways I'd spend $100 if I had to.

11. rtking

rtking Formula Junior

Mar 5, 2006
    Huntington Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    Bob King
    I stopped going to Fletcher Jones for poor service as well. Have gone to MB Laguna Niguel for service even though it's down the toll road quite a way, but a much more satisfying experience.

Sorry to hear of the stolen license plate frames...

12. JizJizJiz

JizJizJiz Karting

Nov 16, 2003
    SoCal
    Full Name:
    Zack
    Essentially, yes. She totaled her 330 and wanted to get another 330. I told her that since I have the car sitting around, she can take it if she wants to get the new M3 when it comes out (read: I wanted to see her with the M3, so in exchange I gave her my car to use until the new M3 is available).

Couldn't find the bolts at Ace...I'm going to try Pep Boys tomorrow and see if they have anything :eek:.

13. Cartmangio

Cartmangio Karting

Oct 1, 2005
    Cali

I have heard quite a few stories of items being stolen while vehicles were serviced at Fletcher Jones.... It seems they have a real problem on their hands...

14. TG

TG F1 Veteran

Oct 26, 2004
    Newport Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    Taylor
    I wasn't a fan of going to Fletcher Jones until I got appointed a new service guy. John Cosby is new to Fletcher Jones from MBLN, because it was too slow. He is a class act. I recommend only dealing with him, you will get why once you meet him. I feel real sure he wouldn't let that happen under his watch, let him know your a friend of Taylor Good's. I left my sunglasses in the courtesy car right before I left town, I called him and in generosity he secured them in his office until I got back. I wouldn't tell of this unless I was that appreciative. 949.718.3241

15. tedtedted

tedtedted Karting

May 17, 2005
    socal!
  16. JizJizJiz

JizJizJiz Karting

Nov 16, 2003
    SoCal
    Full Name:
    Zack
    :(.

17. BigTex

BigTex Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    We do prisons.....you want a TORX head or even a common allen head hex can be found with "center pin reject" feature.....that's the pin in the middle....

Now the inmates get them out by heating the end of a tootbrush, jamming it in and letting it cool.....

Sorry to hear of your troubles!

18. JizJizJiz

JizJizJiz Karting

Nov 16, 2003
    SoCal
    Full Name:
    Zack
    Haha, nice ;).

19. BigTex

Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    The coolest I have ever seen looked like a blank round tapered head, totally difficult to remove..

It was actually just the slightest bit 'out of round', an oval actually and came with it's special tool nutdriver to install and remove.

20. BigTex

Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    Most common toilet partitions in Public Areas have a Philips head that only goes 'on', with ramps cut into it to prevent it unscrewing....there ya go!

21. darth550

darth550 Six Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 14, 2003
    In front of you
    Full Name:
    BCHC
  22. darth550

Lifetime Rossa

Jul 14, 2003
    In front of you
    Full Name:
    BCHC
  23. JizJizJiz

JizJizJiz Karting

Nov 16, 2003
    SoCal
    Full Name:
    Zack
    Not bad. But I'm afraid that when it comes time to get rid of the car, I'd have a tough time getting it off...but I guess you can't have the best of both :).

Thanks for the suggestions, bud.

24. darth550

Lifetime Rossa

Jul 14, 2003
    In front of you
    Full Name:
    BCHC
  25. JizJizJiz

JizJizJiz Karting

Nov 16, 2003
    SoCal